• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Folders / Pin Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Folders / Pin Storage

Stewbaws

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hi guys, I'm sure there'll be loads of answers to this but I'm looking for the best folder or option for storing pins when you're out and about trading at the parks.

I came across the Pinfolio from GoPinPro on Etsy. I remember various pin bags being available at the parks in the Pin shops as well.

I'm due to visit DLR in October do could do with something to take my pins with me but not sure whether I should just wait until I get there to buy one?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It depends on whether you want an official Disney one or not and what size you need.

Generally at DL, there are three current bags available - small (good for just small traders like hidden mickeys), large (good for larger pins like LE's) and the Jack Skellington mid-size bag (good for some small and some large mixed together). I personally don't want to carry around a big bag when I'm at the parks, so I generally opt for the small park bag for small traders. But it means I really can't carry LE's with me. So when I know I'm meeting folks with better pins or I want a mix, I use the midsize bag. But it's up to how much you want to carry and what you're looking to trade for. If you're just doing lanyard trading, the small bag is a good option.

Thanks! That all makes sense :)

One last question then. Are the bags available for purchase somewhere in Downtown Disney before entering the parks?

Thanks! That all makes sense :)

One last question then. Are the bags available for purchase somewhere in Downtown Disney before entering the parks?

There's a dedicated pin store called "Pin Traders" that sells pins and pin bags across from the Lego store/next to the monorail stop down by the Disneyland Hotel in Downtown Disney. :)

There's also a pin kiosk right outside of the World of Disney store near the DTD tram exit from the Mickey & Friends parking structure that's open while the store is under construction but I don't recall seeing the bag selection there offhand.

I love my Pinfolio Show but I'm stressing about it being way too small for trading at WDW. It was fine on a Disney cruise.
I had so little luck trading (at least lanyard/board trading) at WDW last week that I felt I carried my little pin bag around for a week for nothing when just a lanyard of trader pins would've been enough!

At DL the trading choices seem more plentiful and I find myself trading more with fellow traders, too. Some of the hardcore ones carry their big bags of pins with them, but many of them opt for the pin folios. I still like my small bag that I can sling over my shoulder as it also "advertises" that I'm a pin trader, so sometimes people will see it and say "hey, do you pin trade?" and something can come of that on occasion!

I decided to try the GoPinfolios, after attending 2 Epcot pin events. I had been using Disney bags, but the backs want to pop off too frequently, as people page through the books. Also, the small ones seem to be nice for holding the HM pins I traded for via CM lanyard trading, and I was thinking about putting together one just with my extra mystery pins, since that's what I seem to do the most trading with. I just wonder how they hold up long term, after you've poked and removed a ton of pins. Do they lose their grip? Do you have to keep making new holes to get pins to stick, stuff like that.

Anyway, I am now the owner of 1 PinFolioPro (large) and 2 classic PinFolio (small). We'll see how it goes.

I decided to try the GoPinfolios, after attending 2 Epcot pin events. I had been using Disney bags, but the backs want to pop off too frequently, as people page through the books. Also, the small ones seem to be nice for holding the HM pins I traded for via CM lanyard trading, and I was thinking about putting together one just with my extra mystery pins, since that's what I seem to do the most trading with. I just wonder how they hold up long term, after you've poked and removed a ton of pins. Do they lose their grip? Do you have to keep making new holes to get pins to stick, stuff like that.

Anyway, I am now the owner of 1 PinFolioPro (large) and 2 classic PinFolio (small). We'll see how it goes.
I look forward to your feedback! I just won one of the small PinFolio's, and I too am eager to see how it holds up long term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back