• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Help on 6 LE Pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Help on 6 LE Pins!

earthbound

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I need some expert advice from fellow DPF'ers

I have received 6 LE pins via a trade & to be honest I am not convinced that these 6 pins are legit - please can you all lend me some advice - I have taken some photos via my iphone they are not great but I will try to describe the problems as I see them!

Pin 72831: The Princess and the Frog - Fairy Tales Can Come True!

006.jpg

The problem with this pin maybe apparent in the picture - basically the Mickey waffle pattern does not fully run to the edge of the pin on the left of the image. The backstamps all seem darker than the rest of the gold finish. The pin itself feels "light" in weight - for an LE pin I'd expect it to have a bit of weight. The front of the pin matches the Pinpics description but not having an authentic pin it is difficult to comment on the coloring, although what makes it suspect is the thick gold lines & edging

Pin 72832: The Princess and the Frog - Magic is in the Air

007.jpg

A similar problem to the above pin - this time the Mickey waffle pattern stops level top & bottom with the LE Box & finishes 2-3mm before the left edge of the pin. Same issue with the backstamp areas & also the brown patches on the top pin maybe rust? Coloring & gold line thickness is also suspect - again no authentic to compare against!

Pin 73522: DEC - Chip n Dale Pumpkin

010.jpg

Okay - an easy one this - back of pin states LE300 - Pinpics states LE150. Description also matches - front of the pin has an enamel finish

Pin 74150: DLR - Walt's Classic Collection - Cinderella - Cinderella with Bubbles

005.jpg

Again the waffle pattern does not run to the edge of the pin on the left & at the top, same backstamp problem being darker than the rest of the gold finished pin. Pin states 1 of 4 & the description is as per Pinpics, enamel finish

Pin 74152: DLR - Walt's Classic Collection - Cinderella - Cinderella with Prince Charming

009.jpg

This time the waffle pattern runs to the edge of the pin, but the same darkening appears around the backstamp. Description again is as per Pinpics but the coloring seems off - Cinderellas hair is almost brown & matches the color of Prince's epaulettes. Not quite sure the pearlised finish is correct either! States 3 of 4

Pin 74153: DLR - Walt's Classic Collection - Cinderella - Cinderella with the Fairy Godmother

008.jpg

The last one!! The waffle pattern fails to make it to the left & bottom of the pin. The border does not contain glitter element & the blue of the pin is darker than the Pinpics image - coincidentally also states 3 of 4

All comments welcome as these may well end up in the trash after a mega complaint to the trader (not on these boards btw!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back