• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Newbie

HiddenMickeys

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hi, all!

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. I'm really new to Disney pins. In fact, my family and I just took our first trip to WDW last week and by the time we came home, we were all hooked on pins and had full lanyards with plans for even more pins. I came across this forum and thought it might be a good way to learn a little while "meeting" some new people. Plus it would be great if I could find some items on our wish lists, too :) I had a great time trading at the resorts and at the various pin boards and ended up with a bunch of random pins that I just plain liked; the pineapple icon, the hinged Peter Pan crocodile with Hook in his mouth, the UK phone booths and beefeater, the Ursula bowling pin, one of the hidden Mickey medal pins, and the Mickey and Goofy waterglobe pin. Since so many of the pins I picked up have hidden Mickeys on them, I guess I've found my favored theme :)

In any case, can't wait to see/hear about everyone else's collections. There are so many pins out there, you never know what you're going to find!

Nikki

Hi Nikki! Welcome to the forum! :wavey:
I've got a bunch of 2012 hidden mickeys on my trades if you're interested.

Thanks all for the great welcome! Is it ok if I ask a beginner question here? I'm just wondering how to start posting about a trade, especially since I don't have any references yet? I was able to figure out how to add a pin to my wants list, for starters, so do I just post in the Trading section what I'm looking for and wait and see if someone has it to trade? I don't want to start doing things wrong right from the start here :)

Hello and welcome! I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can post a new thread in the trading forum, but you can reply to others threads if they have anything for trade that you want. After you have enough posts you can start a thread showcasing the pins you're after.

Last edited:
Thanks, Lady Dobbins! I had read that somewhere here but wasn't sure if that was the case or not. So if someone posts a thread with one of the pins I'm looking for I can respond and attempt a trade, but I just can't start a new thread with my trade requests. That sounds easy enough. I've managed to get some of my pins hooked up to my collection, and pins that I'm looking for are also linked up too and that definitely makes things a little easier. You guys all seem to have such huge collections though and most of what I have seems to be the kind of stuff that everyone would be trading to get rid of rather than trading for. What kinds of pins makes good traders? That is, what kinds of things should I have in my collection to be designated as "traders"? Or should I even have pins specifically to trade?

There's so much to find out and so many different kinds of pins! Yikes!

You're welcome! And it all really depends on what you want to collect; one person's trader would be another person's most wanted. As for pins that make good traders... hmmm; I would say LEs but as I said before; it just really depends on people's interests.
I suggest picking a few different things to collect. Hidden Mickey's are fun, and you could also collect a few other things too, like pins from your favourite movie or attraction. For example; I mainly collect Haunted Mansion, but specialize usually in the Hitchhiking Ghosts, especially Ezra. I'm also trying to collect Phantom Manor and a few of my favourite Disney characters from various things... and sometimes I just want pins that I think are awesome. XD

So really, its up to you and what you like.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! And also, thanks very much for helping me make some sense out of how things work.

Snowy, love that Snow White pin with the snowflake crown! I saw a picture of an Ariel pin that was similar, though I think she had leaves in her hair. Is that some kind of set? They're just beautiful!

Welcome! If you ever want to talk about anything disney you've come to the right place! =D
Can't wait to chat with you!

Hi Nikki,
Welcome, I am new to trading as well, and like you Im hooked. Glad to have you onboard, I think you will get hooked to this board as well since everyone here is so nice. I love going to the chat room and getting to know others.
I started out two weeks ago and already have a hole in my pocket, cant stop buying pins. I also have been visiting WDW more in the last 2 weeks than my entire life. We live 2.5 hours from WDW. We are headed there this coming weds.
I am interested in the more rare pins. I started collecting Stitch, little mermaid, Nemo, NBC and now I have made Beauty and the Beast my absolute favorite and must have. Even though I have not been able to find any of the pins for that.
Let us know how we can help you, and good luck!
Mahrii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back