• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Party Haul + Thank You thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Party Haul + Thank You thread

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Sorry, I wanted to post a few days ago but my wifi has been screwy. I finally decided to go ahead and use my phone to post this thread.

I had an amazing time on Saturday. My friends and I got there near the very beginning of the party, and stayed almost until the end.

I was so excited to see everyone in person! David and Amy, thank you for hosting. Darice, thank you for the game, and for taking the time to talk with me! I am so happy I finally got to meet you.

Carissa, Mimi, Echo, Kristina... Always a pleasure. :) Barbara Jean, thank you for the zap, and for letting me look through your buckets of traders - LOL! Janice and Jordan, always good to see you. Li 1&2, thank got for the trades! Suzzie Sue, I am so happy I actually had time to talk with you at the party and get to know you and your daughter better!

Asdecour and family, I was very happy to meet you guys - I don't think I've ever actually met a pin trader from another country before now in person! You all were so friendly. Thank you for coming! (And also for deciding to bring my Grail with you from France! LOL.)

LadyBarclay and family, very nice to meet you! I hope you all had fun at the party and we didn't scare you away from the hobby. ;) I never got around to looking at your lanyards at the party, but I hope we can trade another time!

.I'm sure I'm leaving people out; I have a TERRIBLE memory, but I truly enjoyed seeing/meeting you all!

OH and I very much doubt they read this, but... The staff at Denny's were wonderful! They were constantly coming around to check on us and didn't complain once although I'm sure we were making lots of noise. I think the waitress brought me like four Cherry Coke refills through the afternoon. (I have a problem.) And the bus boy let me charge my phone. :)

Now, for my haul! First and foremost, I got some amazing, unexpected gifts...
890559b0ead7f599f010b87274c5c6c6.jpg

David (Docfish2u) was wearing a button with me as a clown on his Disney lanyard like it was totally normal. He gave it to me to wear as my new name badge when I'm volunteering - I love it!

The very talented Carissa (Romancing_Train) made me a pin trading name badge featuring Figaro! (Isn't it beautiful?!). I had a little bit of a panic attack halfway through the party when I realized it was no longer attached to my lanyard - I thought it may have gotten swept up, but luckily it was just sitting on one of the tables!

KSnuggles surprised me with an adorable Peter Pan bow, and a couple of pin backs. Thank you, Kristina!

312fdbac2054cd8f34d6cb878de63110.jpg

This is the first part of my haul: I got Hades and the Sleeping Beauty window from Darice's great game. (I plan on sending the Hades pin on to AgentofAnarchy if I can get ahold of her!) The Rescuers pin was zapped(!!!!) to me by BJean - Thank you so much! When I saw it in your traders, I thought immediately of one of my favorite people here on the forum - Sabrina a.k.a. Teddy_ruxpin, who recently began collecting The Rescuers. I'm sending it on to her. ❤️

758fac58c108ca94374caf99c4660640.jpg

And this is the MAJOR part of my haul - all my keepers. David zapped me right off the bat with the pirate ship brooch (omg how did this exist without me knowing about it?! It's gorgeous!), the Stitch Hanukkah pin, and the Chip and Dale banana split pin.

I traded Li #1 (guys, do you have middle names? I need a way of distinguishing you from each other when I write...) for the other Hanukkah pin (which I've been looking for forever!!!), along with a PTD that's not in my keepers. I also traded for the UK Alice... But of course now I can't remember the name of the woman I traded with, although I see her face in my head. ConniesHobby, was that you?

I traded David for the Figaro and the Tweedles. When I was drooling over the Asdecour's amazing collection of traders, I ran across one of my ultimate grails - the LE 100 Hook and Tick Tock in my signature. Unfortunately, we were unable to work out a trade, as I have almost no low-LE traders. Later during the party, I mentioned the Grail to David, and he insisted I lead him to the pin right away and show him.

I was hoping we could work out a three-way trade, but what do you think happened? Of course. I should have seen it coming. THE GRAIL SLAYER STRUCK AGAIN.

3a36a4f937c60da816564dc2f041b9e7.jpg

c437f1c1d8327684f1e310ffd5a8b816.jpg

4180ac2cb19f66e3a02c82783fb3e61a.jpg

(Sorry, one picture wasn't enough to show the majesty that is this pin.)

This man is my hero.

d977cefbfddba2db64c13868a2ff8810.jpg

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The golden ship pin is absolutely Glorious <3!

Congrats on all your things.

There's a reason i painted all of these badges digital this year D: I had a few people lose theirs before and with the hand painted ones, yes they're original art...but at the same time if it's something nice for you to wear and you lose it I can't just remake that exact one.

The party was wonderful and I also enjoyed sitting down with you and chatting. I love all the nice things you got and that grail pin is awesome. Too bad these parties are only once a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back