• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN PICS (Wants / Trades Accuracy) Case Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIN PICS (Wants / Trades Accuracy) Case Study
Wow Juan.
This is a forum. Its a form of communication.
I like your word "INFECT" How do you know people dont think YOU infect threads.

There are a handful of us who really enjoy this forum and we communicate through these post.
I read a post, have something to say and say it.

And if my post are nonesense, like rocke01 said, why read it?

And you say PEOPLE would not be as upset. I did not know people are upset. Maybe a few are? but thats the way it is. I dont like every post I see but I dont go to them and tell them to quit infecting post. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I think you have a chip on your shoulder for me. And it's ok if you dont like me. But instead of posting for all to see and infect their minds, why not be a man and tell me your feelings in a PM?

Just dont read my post. But ya know what, say what you will but you will read my post because you was to see what nonesense I may be talking about next. What did I ever do to you? Oh wait. I infected the threads you want to read.

Why dont you take a minute to yell at Tiggermickey or Earthbound. They have far more post than me and thats because they enjoy the site and like to give opinions, hello's and everything. (Maybe they had their immunizations shot and are not infecting threads like me)

I said its all about fun and all you want to do is complain. Some people may actually like some of my post or my useless magic tricks or my fun post about scrappers and holy grails (and I bet you too checked them out too). And I am pretty sure if I know your comeback will be you have not. If you can not find humor in the holy grail thread maybe you really dont have a sense of humor.

Help completing sets and pin turf war. Thats what you have contributed. 2 post. I at least try to be helpful and even if only half of my post help, at least they are helping. You really should play nice. maybe your a jaded collector, I said maybe but there are a lot of new people who like to have information, thats what a forum is for.

And bottom line, I will be infecting many post to come so you will just have to scroll past my useless, meaningless, mindless post.
Sorry for the inconvienence.

Oh and Juan, I simply used your post as an example as to what some people were doing to me.
While I may make light of it, I obviously read it. TURF WAR...lol

I will be infecting that shortly.................

You have given me a new mission. Thank you Juan.
Man you really take it personal.

I wouldn't want peeps telling me not to post on certain postings. Not that my feelings would be hurt or anything I would just feel sort of censored. I think Dan just writes what he thinks without considering how it will affect others. The written word can be tricky and without being able to hear how a statement was intended it can be misunderstood. Of course, I do not know what he was thinking or feeling when the above comments were made but he may have misunderstood how your comments were intended as well. I choose to just take the things written in these forums as opinions. You do not have to agree, you do not have to comment, in fact you do not even have to read them. I choose to just debate and have fun. Although there are many pin traders we are all still a small group and should all try to use diplomacy with one another. It does not matter if one lashes out, just consider them passionate about the subject. I try not to take anything said personally and if all else fails... consider the source...LOL! (Always have to throw in something somewhere, just can not help myself... I am truly hopeless!)

I did not know DPF had an ignore list... how do you access that. (Not that I intend to "ignore" anyone just want to know how to do it!)

Jeez Juan... you've only ever created 2 threads to DPF, you're pathetic and useless to these forums.

Sarcasm-the-big-bang-theory-8135257-500-281.jpg

Let's lay off the personal attacks everyone, keep it nice and play fair!

Wow Juan.
This is a forum. Its a form of communication.
I like your word "INFECT" How do you know people dont think YOU infect threads.
Well 51 to 687, I don't think I'm the infecting one.

There are a handful of us who really enjoy this forum and we communicate through these post.
I read a post, have something to say and say it.
As I said in my long post, some of your info IS helpful.
And if my post are nonesense, like rocke01 said, why read it?

And you say PEOPLE would not be as upset. I did not know people are upset. Maybe a few are? but thats the way it is.
There's more than a few.
I dont like every post I see but I dont go to them and tell them to quit infecting post. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I think you have a chip on your shoulder for me. And it's ok if you dont like me. But instead of posting for all to see and infect their minds, why not be a man and tell me your feelings in a PM?
Well aren't you posting in the same way? Why didn't you PM me?

Just dont read my post. But ya know what, say what you will but you will read my post because you was to see what nonesense I may be talking about next. What did I ever do to you? Oh wait. I infected the threads you want to read.
As I said, you nearly comment in every thread.

Why dont you take a minute to yell at Tiggermickey or Earthbound. They have far more post than me and thats because they enjoy the site and like to give opinions, hello's and everything. (Maybe they had their immunizations shot and are not infecting threads like me)
They seem to be constructive and take criticism and provide insightful and welcoming info.

I said its all about fun and all you want to do is complain. Some people may actually like some of my post or my useless magic tricks or my fun post about scrappers and holy grails (and I bet you too checked them out too). And I am pretty sure if I know your comeback will be you have not. If you can not find humor in the holy grail thread maybe you really dont have a sense of humor.
I only started complaining (fully) after the 4th page when it started becoming unnecessary.
Help completing sets and pin turf war. Thats what you have contributed. 2 post. I at least try to be helpful and even if only half of my post help, at least they are helping. You really should play nice. maybe your a jaded collector, I said maybe but there are a lot of new people who like to have information, thats what a forum is for.
Is there a need for this? It seems like you are only getting defensive and attacking at things you don't like.
And bottom line, I will be infecting many post to come so you will just have to scroll past my useless, meaningless, mindless post.
Sorry for the inconvienence.
No problem

Check your turf wars post juan.
and also the post with the penny pins.

And even if half the people hate me, I know there are some who actually like me so I am here for them.
Sorry people who hate me...:)

And GrimGrinner, I find the humor and see clearly the sarcasm sign but if I posted that...OMG! lol

OK, new idea, everyone who hates dan, send him a zap and he will stay out of your thread for a week. No, I cant do that, how about 3 days?

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands **
If you're happy and you know it then your posts will surely show it

There. Now doesn't everyone feel better now?

Don't make me break out 'Where Is Thumbkin?' on your a$@#*!!! :)

3 WHOLE DAYS!!!! LOL.... should we take bets? Come on Dan... you know I love a good debate and no matter how I feel about any of you I am always up for that but three days? I think that is unrealistic for you to attempt. They say it is better to make short obtainable goals and then when you reach it set another one. Try 3 hours first and work your way up to three days..... dang.... couldn't resist that one either. LOL, You are FUN~FUN~FUN to pick on Dan!!!!!

Should we start a forum pool on how long Dan can last? I am thinking he will post within 24 hours max! Probably closer to 24 minutes. Post Dan... you KNOW you want to.... come on... do it Dan!... LOL

Dan, your actions are becoming really inappropriate really fast. Step away from the computer for a sec and take a breather.

I wonder if one could click on the box and ignore oneself... LOL. I am going to stop now but I must admit I had FUN with this tonight. It is not, nor was it ever, my intention to upset anyone as I dislike everyone equally.... JK. Have a good night everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you ALL!!!!!

LOL, thats funny, Ignore yourself.
Merry X-mas to you too and happy holidays to all.

Would you hate me less if you knew I had a brain disorder and can't help it?

From FAQs:

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

I agree.
I am sorry to all.

It really is all about a pin trading family.
Ask anyone that I said what I like about this forum is the family feel.

I wrote a post that was way off, took some things more personal than others and should have handled it differently. Most of it was in jest but some were not very nice. I told someone in a private email that I felt hurt so I wanted to hurt back and thats not what you should expect from someone like me, or anyone.

I can promise to be nice but I can't promise I won't post in every thread. I can take constructive criticism (spell check) but when other people made it personal, its just a knee jerk reaction.

I admitted I learned a lot, had a change of opinion and felt bullied even after that. Maybe many of the post I responded to felt the same way. And maybe the people who hurt me did not intend to, I just took it out of context which is how I felt about my Original post that started this all.

I humbly accept that I was wrong. Without the mean post, this post really has been informative and I am sure that I helped to stray it from the good in it with the responses to some of the post I received to me. If you guys dont know that my heart is in the right place then you just dont know me.

I like to help people. I volunteer for more than you will ever know. I like giving. I may have gotten upset when something I was passionate about was presented incorrectly and then this. If I had just said Findings rather than facts but I cant turn back time.

I am looking up a spell to make this all go away and start over. I'm gonna need a big wand for this one.

And as Rodney King Once said: "Can't we all just get along?"

I am having a tea party later and you are all invited..............

I think some people should be ashamed of them selfs!!!!!! Dan had an oppinion, this oppinion turnes into a discussion it should never have been a rant NEVER!!! if i disagree with what dan says then fair enough i make my point i do not rip his discussion to shreads!!!!! This is bullying and i am ashamed that people like this are on this forum!!!

heres a little insight. when i first started trading i listed every pin i wanted and every pin i had to trade if for nothing else to have a photo database of what i was looking for and had to offer.more or less an educational tool.i have 3 fellow trader friends that have never made a trade thorugh the TA and use it for that only. as your pins grow from hm and lanyards to da le 100 pins your trade list becomes more "valuable" and eventually you will find that right mix that makes a trade magical. also i have traded for one of my holy grail pins with 12 cast lanyard pins and had i not had them listed and sent out requests with each 1 individually listed i never would have been able to respond with will you take these 4,5,6,15 pins for it.

i guess i should have read the entire thread before posting......please ignore above post as it has bee beaten senseless as well :)

I have loved reading this thread, it has been very entertaining, and given me a few laughs! Excellent points throughout! A wants list should definately include all those pins that you want, although personally I have resisted putting some of the lower edition Stitch pins on my list, because primarily I collect Pinocchio, so I am unlikely to part with huge sums to get the Stitch pins. Value is all about how much you want a pin, so the value of a pin will be different for everyone. That's why its so hard to agree a trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back