Pin Zaps & Swaps General FAQ

Discussion in 'Pin Zaps & Swaps' started by Bricklayer, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Bricklayer

Bricklayer Administrator DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    200   0   0

Pin Zaps

Aside from pin swapping comes another activity that has long been an online pin tradition - zapping! Remaining anonymous or not, you may choose to "zap" (send) someone a pin of your choice, for any or no reason at all! The receiver may choose to zap you back or not. It's that simple!

Zap announcements and acknowledgment threads should be posted only in the Pin Zaps & Swaps forum. We would love to know who you got zapped by and what pin you receive!

As mentioned above, DisneyPinForum (DPF) is not responsible for any miscommunications, outcomes, or general concerns involving pin trading parties participating in pin zaps & swaps. Inclusion in this activity is purely voluntary. By providing your information for this program, you release DisneyPinForum from any miscommunication or outcome as a result.

Pin Swaps (a.k.a. PIFs, or Pin It Forwards)

Pin swaps/PIFs are fun and interactive trading activities that helps fellow pin traders, while at the same time acquire nifty pins for yourself! It's a chain reaction of epic Disney proportions! :wiggle:

First and foremost: DisneyPinForum (DPF) is not responsible for any miscommunications, outcomes, or general concerns involving pin trading parties participating in pin zaps & swaps/PIFs. The general rules of the swap must be clearly stated by the swap creator in as much detail as possible. Inclusion in this activity is purely voluntary. By providing your information for this program, you release DisneyPinForum from any miscommunication or outcome as a result.

On to the fun stuff: (note: the following pin swap/PIF rules are by no means official rules to the process, but instead rules that are typically used in swap/PIF games).

Threads must be started by a fellow DPF member who is willing to get the ball rolling. They must then create the rules of the swap/PIF. Here is an example of the typical structure that applies to a swap/PIF:

Pin-themed swap/PIF - Stitch pins only (only Stitch pins may be swapped)

Person A starts the thread, along with clearly-stated rules
    B replies to A's post, who will then will receive a pin from A
    C replies to B's post, who will then will receive a pin from B
    D replies to C's post, who will then will receive a pin from C
    ...so on, and so forth...

In a nutshell, after you post, the person directly above you sends a pin to you! The person directly below you will receive the pin that you will send!

Communication is key to a successful Swap/PIF. Be sure to utilize our Private Message (PM) system when requesting for e-mail addresses, addresses, etc.

Any questions? Feel free to message me, and I will help you in any way I can!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. Rocke01

Rocke01 love to pin trade! DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    319   0   0

OOO I should never have looked at your traders... You have quite a few of the pins I am looking for and I have NOTHING on your wants list.... that BITES!!! LOL

3. iamdisneydan

iamdisneydan The Bald Guy In The Back DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Try to work a 3 or even 4 way trade.
    Thats what a pin trading community is supposed to be for.
    Everyone work together.

I'll bet you have a pin someone else needs and they have a pin on his wants and you can get the pin you wanted all along with a little work.
    Post about it and ask. You never know.....

4. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

I love 3 or 4 way trades!!

5. dawny

dawny Active Member

Rating - 100%
    334   0   0

ok that answers those questions, thanks

6. Clara9271

Clara9271 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    182   0   0

It doesn't matter. It's up to you what you want to Zap them with :)
    Usually people so Zaps in trades or just because :)

7. tiggermickey

tiggermickey DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

I think I pmed you that you do not have too,as long as its not a fantasy pin/button/scrapper...just look at their own list if you do not have anything on your trade list they need
    the own list will give you an idea what they collect pin(character wise)thats for PIF/NOW if you zap someone..that pin is random..same rules apply as the PIF!but its a surprise!!
    so any pin would do.You will need an address for zapping though,as it suppose to be a surprise,not like PIF.where they send you their addy.But you can also ZAP in PIF!
    They expect just the PIF pin,but add another one,wrap it and write ZAP! on it,thats a surprise too..I hope that helped answering your ? there..if you need more help
    just PM me or any of the mods/correspondents

Judy

8. xPrincessEmilyx

xPrincessEmilyx Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

How do I know if I'm included in zapping? I PM'd bricklayer with my details but I am wondering if I am supposed to wait for a reply or? I'd love to be zapped! I only have a tiny collection so every single pin makes a huge difference to how adorable it looks :)

9. Bricklayer

Bricklayer Administrator DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    200   0   0

Sorry about that! I did get your PM :) Sometimes I get lots of people submitting their address for zapping, and I don't have time to reply to every single one. But rest assured. you're in the zapping pot!

10. xPrincessEmilyx

xPrincessEmilyx Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Thankyou!

11. AKU-Sunrise

AKU-Sunrise Washington Pin Trader

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I would be interested in doing this my email address is twickman0787@gmail.com let me know when the next PIF will start

12. tiggermickey

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

Hi AKU
    Welcome to DPF!PM me or Jon...(Bricklayer)your name and address..as for PIF...we have a on going one right now...you can post under whoever was the last to post!

Judy

13. Shannon

Shannon Active Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Quick question...on the pin it forward swap, do we have to wait until my person gets their stuff before I sign up again?

14. Roxane

Roxane DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

No, I think you have to wait for 4 people to post after you though.

15. Arielskellington1423

Arielskellington1423 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    104   0   1

i had a question how does the zapping people and getting zapped thing work i have never been zapped before nor have i zapped anyone but i have throw in a pin or 2 extra for a trade but i would love to get zapped and do some zapping of my own

16. tiggermickey

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

Its random...you send a PM to me or Bricklayer for a fofum IDS addy,make sure you use forum ID not their name though when sending a PM asking for it
    I have your addy but wrong zipcode for you...I hope you get your pkg soon

17. harleyquinn1229

harleyquinn1229 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

thanks for the info!

18. bportahh

bportahh Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Thank you for this!

19. bouncybasil

bouncybasil Member

0   0   0

I have a question. When will I be able to post a topic in this sub-forum? Is it the same rules as the sales/trade one? Because i've not had this account for long but my housemate has Zapped me and I wanna write about it and let people know how awesome she is! :/

20. tiggermickey

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

You only have 12 post and you need over 30 or 50 and you have to wait three days to post in other forums
    but if you send me your addy I will add it to my zapping list .judy

21. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

If I want to zap someone that I haven't traded with yet, how would I get their address?
    Thanks.

22. Piglet

Piglet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

You can message docfish2u, he keeps a list of all addresses. If the person you'd like to zap has sent their address and has agreed to letting it be shared, you'll be able to obtain it that way :)

23. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Thanks for the insight!

24. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Alternatively, if you noticed that they have zapped or traded with someone, you could also ask them for that person’s address too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk