• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinopolis/ACME/HotArt Pin Updates....basically messages from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinopolis/ACME/HotArt Pin Updates....basically messages from them
Haven't been able to "Add New Pins" for MONTHS! IT worked for years and then stopped working a few months ago. I am using Mozilla Firefox browser. this is what is appearing:

Drop File:
Drop images here or click to upload
File Drag/Drop is not supported for this browser
Files:
  • {{f.name}}

Upload Log:
{{log}}

{{log}}

Haven't been able to "Add New Pins" for MONTHS! IT worked for years and then stopped working a few months ago. I am using Mozilla Firefox browser. this is what is appearing:

Drop File:
Files:
  • {{f.name}}

Upload Log:
{{log}}

{{log}}

Not sure why. I don't add pins, but I have attempted to replace their image (Google Chrome) and have been successful in sending it to PP to look at (then I get told, take it off the backer card or use a different color background)

Drop File:
Files:
  • {{f.name}}

Upload Log:
{{log}}

{{log}}
There are many who are unable to upload to pinpics. They (Pinpics support) gave me a work around, which did work for about 2 weeks and then that stopped working too. I have not seen any new pins in the gallery since the upload process totally stopped working for me.
We have a Web developer working on that. however we also have a new website coming out soon ,)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Also, there is this comment from Kristi about a new database coming. Hopefully this will all happen soon!

Whoever does their marketing needs to be talked to. While you may have the customers happy to get these pins at discounted prices, you will have a lot more people pissed off that paid full price when these pins came out...the ones that were actually happy to pay the full price and were still willing to do so. At this rate, I think you will be having tons of people asking for refunds on their pre-orders so they can wait for the pins to go on sale. Some that haven't exceeded the six months from the purchase date may just go and file PayPal claims instead of contacting Pinopolis.

Pinopolis has unwittingly devalued its products even more.
I know this is the Q&A forum for Pinopolis, but could resist chiming in. Yes, this totally crossed my mind too. I went through a range of emotions when I saw the prices (excited, disappointed, angry, acceptance.) Acceptance came when I told myself... discounting older merchandise is part of the selling process for most retailers. Its just a fact that goods on the shelf longer will be marked down to move the merchandise (and at close to $200/pin these probably don't move very fast). I also noted a few LE 100 pins I really want (BB-8, Maleficent, Cheshire) are not available to be marked down (at least in this go around). So its kind of a crap shoot... :) :confused::mad::(:)

Oh, and I think all of these LE 100 pins are in stock, so anyone who paid more should have their pin by now.

I know this is the Q&A forum for Pinopolis, but could resist chiming in. Yes, this totally crossed my mind too. I went through a range of emotions when I saw the prices (excited, disappointed, angry, acceptance.) Acceptance came when I told myself... discounting older merchandise is part of the selling process for most retailers. Its just a fact that goods on the shelf longer will be marked down to move the merchandise (and at close to $200/pin these probably don't move very fast). I also noted a few LE 100 pins I really want (BB-8, Maleficent, Cheshire) are not available to be marked down (at least in this go around). So its kind of a crap shoot... :) :confused::mad::(:)

Oh, and I think all of these LE 100 pins are in stock, so anyone who paid more should have their pin by now.
My thinking is similar, but with a much narrower range of emotions. :) Stores put things on sale. People decide to either pay full price and get the item, or take their chances to see if things come down in price before they sell out.

My thinking is similar, but with a much narrower range of emotions. :) Stores put things on sale. People decide to either pay full price and get the item, or take their chances to see if things come down in price before they sell out.

I would normally agree with it except for a few things:
1. The majority of the pins that are on sale were advertised as being sold ONLY to Subscribers (who had to purchase all LE100 pins that were sold and could not pick & choose which ones to buy, therefore being "stuck" with pins they did not want, just to get the one they did) or PinPics Gold sponsors (when they stopped the subscribers requirement, probably due to the slow production/shipping time);
2. One reason for the original high prices is that they were marketed as "works of art" (or something similar to that concept). They weren't simply being sold as pins, but as art pieces.
3. Also, did anyone notice that half the pins are the platinum series....you know, the ones marketed as only being sold in Shanghai (that store is now closed) and so the LE100 still is really a LE100 and not a LE200?

Just an example:

20915476_1873903722928715_3215117256999434741_n.jpg

what was on the post with the flyer "Official flyer! Previous subscribers and Pinpics Gold sponsors only." (the bold, italics, and underline are mine).

I think it's been more than six months since they stopped the subscription program but if I had been one of those that had to buy every single pin in order to stay within the program and then see that they are being sold for half=price, I would not be a happy camper.

The "better" thing to do would have been to reduce the price of the PinPics Gold Sponsorship (from $200 to $100) and sell the pins to the sponsors only at a BOGO 50% off (or BOGO free) if they are trying to recoup their expenses at making these expensive pins.

To partially change the subject, I recently purchased a pin directly from Pinopolis that was supposed to be LE 300 but is stamped on the back as #572. Are the LE sizes that are noted the actual LE size or are these as not as exclusive or rare as we are initially led to believe?

My point is that for the Beauty and the Beast monarch pin, on pin pics it says that this pin is sold out, but I would check pinopolis every so often and it would say only 3 left or something to that effect. I ended up waiting until today to purchase, and there wasn't anything listed about any quantity limitations in terms of how many were actually left. I am expecting a stamp between 1 and 100 on it when it arrives but perhaps that isn't necessarily the case. Are more made if the initial unit size sells out?

Some pics for reference regarding my Pooh pin.

3EPgGj9.jpg

a1Z8KJ7.jpg

3OpLHWG.jpg

Ok. Let me see if I can clear this up.

LE100 pins are true LE100. The pins from Shanghai (platinum) are what was left in inventory when the store closed. They sent them to us. We have them on sale for the fact that we do need to sell our inventory to make way for new product. All we have on sale are pins we have in hand. We sold first to subscriptions (that didn't work as people were expect to purchase all the releases pins and didn't like it so much.) Then we did gold sponsors. (Which by the way, the Gold sponsorship donation that we ask for is to help maintain the pinpics website and allows it to be free for use.) Acme donates the pins to PinPics to give as either incentives or at discount for our gold members. The LE100 pins that are left after those sales are then placed on our website for sale to the general public. Most of the designs sell out at our gold sponsors, but some do not.

Second, the engraved number on the back of Acme pins is the Pinopolis game value. Not the LE number.

Hope this helps.

Kristi

I would normally agree with it except for a few things:
1. The majority of the pins that are on sale were advertised as being sold ONLY to Subscribers (who had to purchase all LE100 pins that were sold and could not pick & choose which ones to buy, therefore being "stuck" with pins they did not want, just to get the one they did) or PinPics Gold sponsors (when they stopped the subscribers requirement, probably due to the slow production/shipping time);
2. One reason for the original high prices is that they were marketed as "works of art" (or something similar to that concept). They weren't simply being sold as pins, but as art pieces.
3. Also, did anyone notice that half the pins are the platinum series....you know, the ones marketed as only being sold in Shanghai (that store is now closed) and so the LE100 still is really a LE100 and not a LE200?

Just an example:

20915476_1873903722928715_3215117256999434741_n.jpg

what was on the post with the flyer "Official flyer! Previous subscribers and Pinpics Gold sponsors only." (the bold, italics, and underline are mine).

I think it's been more than six months since they stopped the subscription program but if I had been one of those that had to buy every single pin in order to stay within the program and then see that they are being sold for half=price, I would not be a happy camper.

The "better" thing to do would have been to reduce the price of the PinPics Gold Sponsorship (from $200 to $100) and sell the pins to the sponsors only at a BOGO 50% off (or BOGO free) if they are trying to recoup their expenses at making these expensive pins.

I agree with you. I think it's ridiculous they advertise these pins as exclusive low limited pins yet devalue them by re-releasing the same pin in another metal and call it a new series. Then again what can we really expect from the same company who took over a community sourced pin trading database only to ruin it and drive most people away from wanting to contribute to it.

These pins are meant to be high end pins. When you lower the price of them to move inventory and re-release the same designs with a different metal color it does not make these pins more special, it makes them less special and less exclusive. This business practice says to me it's more about making a quick buck than truly delivering a special unique quality product. These are super jumbo pins, it's not as if there is a huge market for them in the first place. If you have the original Dragon Gate why would you want another one in another color? Releasing the same art in another metal color DOES make the pin an LE 200 vs LE 100.

We all collect different things, to each their own.

I'm thinking about going to Vegas if the parents want to make a quick trip there.

For the lanyard traders, will all colored lanyards have the same pin until those are traded away?

Then they move into the next pin until those are gone and so forth?

What if, after an hour of walking the floors, they haven't traded all away (maybe it's a character no one likes)? Will they switch it out?

Are they trading all 200 there or will some be saved for Orlando? Or is it 100 per day since there are two days?

Will we get to see the concealed pins in Vegas or will they be saved for Orlando?

How many early entry tickets are being sold? How many tables were sold? Sorry, trying to figure things out.

I'm thinking about going to Vegas if the parents want to make a quick trip there.

For the lanyard traders, will all colored lanyards have the same pin until those are traded away?

Then they move into the next pin until those are gone and so forth?

What if, after an hour of walking the floors, they haven't traded all away (maybe it's a character no one likes)? Will they switch it out?

Are they trading all 200 there or will some be saved for Orlando? Or is it 100 per day since there are two days?

Will we get to see the concealed pins in Vegas or will they be saved for Orlando?

How many early entry tickets are being sold? How many tables were sold? Sorry, trying to figure things out.
Color lanyards will have the same pins until all are traded away. They will be switched once all are traded (kinda like DSF PTDs).

We will have all 200 of each pin in Vegas. We will have different pins in FL. And IF we trade a lot at Vegas we will go into the conceal pins. But that will be determined at the event.

We are working right now on a FAQ section on our website. All questions will be answered before vegas!

We sold 30 tables and 50 early entries.

There are several AP pins of interest.... However, I will pass until our refund is received for the Divas Set.

There are several AP pins of interest.... However, I will pass until our refund is received for the Divas Set.
Yes, definitely some of interest. Do wish the refund would show up...

Edit: Just checked my Visa and the diva refund did finally post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back