Pinopolis in Orlando - Evenings (and one Afternoon) of Enchantment

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by starry_solo, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinopolis Ambassador

Pinopolis Ambassador Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Fantastic Lands II available as a set of 3 at Orlando Evenings of Enchantment August 23-25, 2018! Each super jumbo LE 100 is set in antique gold and sells as a set only.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
  2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0

I'm sure y'all will have a great time, but logistically it doesn't make sense for someone to leave Epcot travel for a half hour (or more) to this event and then travel another half hour back. Most people stay in Epcot to get a snack or lunch for a break. If I were to leave the Epcot, it would be because I'm leaving period. I'm just trying to help explain why I and other event goers wouldn't be appealed by this event. And maybe I did a bad job the first post, so I apologize about that. I'm still gonna have tons of fun at the evening events and appreciate that Pinopolis is hosting these, but I just don't understand the daytime one.

3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    262   0   0

I can see the appeal for locals who didn't get a ticket to Animation Celebration having a trading space during the day, but I agree - if I were attending Animation Celebration, I don't see myself leaving during the majority of the trade event I paid for (in the park I paid to get into) to travel outside of the park for another trade event.

That being said, the evening events sound really fun, and I hope everyone who goes has a good time and gets some good trades in!

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    517   0   0

Posted on FB a few hours ago:

[​IMG]

khossler likes this.
  5. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

LOL. Boy, that brings me back to my Sesame Street days. *sings* One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong...

6. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    262   0   0

Oh, oh, Ariel! Because there are two characters on it! :D

7. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Its another princess with a prop pin.

8. cyke23

cyke23 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

The super jumbos sell as a set? Sold in person only? Darn, I want the Maleficent one, but I won’t be there. So....there goes that thought.

9. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    517   0   0

Just wait for them to sell them individually on their website....or for a re-seller to sell them at or below cost. That happens a lot with these pins.

cyke23 and KT07 like this.
  10. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Not sure it will happen with the maleficent one. The Maleficent dragon is recycled art from pin 111902 and I believe 111902 may be been one of or the most popular pin the company ever sold? (and note I am not dinging them for the recycled artwork... Disney does it all the time. Its just a business choice. Just pointing this fact out.)

The bundle price is what could keep it from selling out... even though Alice and Rapunzel are popular too. If I am reading this correctly a person must buy all three pins... you are not allowed to buy one... so an opportunity for a really pricey co-op?

11. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    517   0   0

Yes it is the same artwork (someone on FB pointed that out too!). But will all that background be enamel? Or will it be a sticker/paper covered with a clear coat of something and then stuck onto the pin? Will the recycled art, coupled with the higher price, turn people off? I think you could find Alice and Rapunzel collectors to go in the co-op with but will they be there at the same time? And I'm sure most people would want to pay with a credit card, would they take 3 individual payments as long as the set was sold?

12. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I wonder if these will be sold in a different location than just Florida. Are they going to be sold at the August event?

13. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Agreed, I think the potential for it to be a picture with gloss over it is what is keeping me from getting too excited. All three pins have complicated art... is it even possible for it to be enamel? (I am hardly an expert, so if anyone knows... would love if you weighed in.) So in addition to price... its getting away from the enamel pins that are the heart of my pin collection. Probably time for a new Mickey Mouse rule about pictures and lack of enamel in pins. Must control this habit in some fashion. :)

starry_solo likes this.
  14. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

I also wonder... I would like the Stitch, if anyone can buy one to co-op... would participate for Stitch. :)

15. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I like the Pink Dress Ariel the best. The other two pins also fit my collections but they are similar to other full cut out pins I have of Tiana and Belle so I probably wouldn't search them out.

16. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    517   0   0

It says "Florida Pinmaster Exclusive" so it would seem not...but who knows?

slbrabham likes this.
  17. TornadoTitan

TornadoTitan Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

So booked a last minute trip to Disney World for Aug 21-24, and then learned of this event. So it looks like it is good timing my trip overlaps with this event, though looks like the tables are sold out or I would have probably gone. I would be interested to do pin trading stuff while I am in Orlando, will probably bring my fantasy pin designs and exclusives I got from D23 Expo.

starry_solo likes this.
  18. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Yes, the tables for 23Aug are sold out, but attendance at the event is free, so you could still come to the event and trade. :) I for one, would love to see your fantasy pins and D23 Expo pins.

19. TornadoTitan

TornadoTitan Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hmmm so I actually never heard or been to one of these events before but it has peaked my interest, I am guessing these pins are basically like licensed fantasy pins right?

I was looking up some of the table tiers and see some come with "full set of event exclusive pins" was curious if they have all been posted yet. How much are these pins normally going for after the fact?

20. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

I am eagerly awaiting for the pins to be posted... not much info has come out yet, but there is a mystery set of 20 pins with a LE 50 chaser. Here is a link to some info:
    2018 Pin Releases Page 188, post 4682, Mickey's Magic Carpet Ride. There is additional info on the next page in post 4711.
    and three of the LE 100 pins are above in post 26 (Alice, Rapunzel and Maleficent.)

These pins are not typically described as licensed fantasy pins. They are usually referred to as licensed Disney pins. Disney must approve the art/image prior to Hotart/Acme/Pinopolis creating and selling the pins. The pins are tradable in the parks, etc.

Some of the Orlando event packages come with the new release pins, but pretty sure not all the pins are sold with tables. Probably only a fraction are pre-sold with the table packages (would guess maybe ~50) so the remaining LE 100 or LE 300 or LE 500 would be available to attendees for purchase... so just get there early. I believe the free trading time starts at 7:00PM. You could pay for the early entry ($25) and get in at 6PM. I have no idea if it will be worth $25 for the early entry, but you would think the company would try to make spending that $25 worth something to the traders who pay for it...

I am not a reseller, but secondary market value would probably be based on how pretty the pin is and how popular the character is.

21. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I seem to recall that originally the early entry was going to give you 6 or 8 opportunities to trade for lanyard traders but that changed. @chubs191 asked @Pinopolis Ambassador if there was going to be some type of other item provided since the lanyard trading rules were changed after people purchased the early entry tickets.

I don't remember seeing a response though. What does the website say now?

KT07 likes this.
  22. chubs191

Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0

I believe Kristi responded to my post afterward stating that the rules were set for the event and would not be changing. If you read this Kristi, please pass on to whomever updates the website that Pinopolis still has the extra lanyard trading as a perk on their website for early entry.

I sent an email requesting a refund, due to the changes. I have not heard back yet, but it was the weekend, so I'll give it until Tuesday. I want to believe that quality changes are coming to Pinopolis. I really do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

23. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

The early entry still says you will gain extra opportunities for the hotart trading.

24. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

The description of the revised Hotart Trading talks about it coming to a pin master event... what about Hotart Trading on the Orlando event? I guess I also thought early entry would allow me to gain some of the lanyard traders, so not sure the early entry will be worth much of anything now.

chubs191 likes this.
  25. chubs191

Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0

I just got refunded! That was a really quick turn around. I will still be going to the evening events, just as a regular guest now.

I had bought a trading table and my sister had early entry last year. In total it was $75. The table got us food and an open bar. It was really one of the best values we got, because we were starving after trading on Thursday. On top of that, with the table, we were granted two board trades on their amazing pin boards (I got something I kinda had been wanting, sis got an old auctions pin that was amazing). We were table buddies with an amazing trader and neighbors with some other wonderful people. It was handled really well and was one of the best trading events I've been to. This year, the price for the table went up by $25 for the table and the food and bar went away. If you want the chance to get some interesting pins boards, the table tiers and up are the way to do it. We just decided that it wasn't worth the cost for us this year and are doing general entry.

TornadoTitan and bookhugger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.