Pinopolis in Vegas

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by Lisa Lopez, May 21, 2018.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

It is weird. Like you'd think it would be too pricey to etch a number into a basic pin, but I guess if one can get a scrapper for $1 and then pay a couple dollars for etching, that it would still be cheaper than the $10/pin that we are paying to trade.

12 days to go.......

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

@Pinopolis Ambassador - does this exclude pins people purchased from the site during the sale in May, that I think I remember were specifically advertised as being able to be traded on the lanyards? I didn't purchase any but I would guess at least a few people did.

Also, just so I understand fully - are we allowed to trade one pin and keep our second tab for trading later in the day if the pins "sell out" and flip? Or do we have to use both tabs at the same time?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  3. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I understood the tabs to mean 1 tab = 2 lanyard trades like they do in the parks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I read it that it is 1 tab (ticket) per pin and you can trade two pins at a time and would need to hand in two tickets with your two pins. I read it that way since it says you get tickets equal to the number of pins you purchase, and that you have to turn in your tickets (plural) with your pins on each trade. But I also read it as only being able to trade once per lanyard, so can't split up the trade and come back later for another one when the lanyards flip.

Although, all of that said, I do find it odd that you get double the tickets if you buy the double bag. Not sure how they are going to do that and still ensure that each person can only do one trade per lanyard.

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

It sounds like they have taken away the limits for the trades so that you can make as many trades as you purchase pins for :D

6. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I hope not. I think that would be a bummer for folks at latter events. Two per person always strikes me as reasonable for rarer items.

7. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Not really a bummer for latter events, because they need to make it flip to get to the conceals. My guess is Las Vegas gets the reveals.... Orlando gets the conceals.

If you think about it, there are 200 each of 35 pins; that's 7000 pins to get through in 14 hours (11 am to 8 pm on the first day; 11 noon to 4 pm on the second day.) Right now, we know of 80 attendees....30 who purchased tables and 50 who purchased early entry. If even half of those who purchased tables are from Southern California, it is unlikely they would be at the second day of pin trading due to the drive back home [my group is leaving at 7 or 8 am]....we have a long commute home on the Sunday of a holiday weekend....yeah, not looking forward to that. So you have less people

BTW, I priced out plane tickets via SWA and those were pricey....like $800 for two people flying out of ONT. Again, I think it's because of this holiday weekend.

If one wanted to get through all these revealed pins in order to get to the concealed pins, conceivably you would need 700 people there on both days to get to it. That is an unlikely event.

Plus, these lanyard pins are supposed to be available to all Pin Masters after the event and there are six. If they never flip to the next set (which is what they were going to risk by having all lanyard people have the same pins), then these concealed pins could take years to come out...

8. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have been gone a while but it seems that things still are not as smooth as they should be. You would think that having such a great gift of being involved in this hobbie would make people take it more seriously. I wonder if it matters, they can kind of do what they want and it's like printing money. Some one will buy it at some point I guess.

9. this_and_that

this_and_that Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

I am.

And my plans have changed a bit.

My friends and I will be coming to town on Friday instead of Saturday because we know from experience if we get up way before sunrise on Saturday morning, as we would have to do, before the PTE is even half-over we will be very tired from the messed up sleep we had the night before.

In addition, the one who is driving will be very tired just from long the drive.

Arriving the day before, well before the normal time we would go to sleep, should enable us to get a good nights sleep Friday night. This will enable us to arrive at the event with enough energy to remain at the top of our game through the event.

10. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Sounds great! We are still driving in the AM cuz sis has to work til 6 pm on Friday. Plus, I'm getting up at my normal time for work (5 am) so I should be ok.

7 days to go....

11. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I waited too long to book flights/ lodging. I'm thinking of maybe doing a day trip ... still need to figure it out. ughhhhh

12. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Sad that this is making you feel that way. I would hope that a company given such a great opportunity would do a much better job. It seems very clear to me that they would like to make money at any and all points possible but they do not have the staff or info structure to support such a business plan. They should be adding to what was already a great hobby but seems they are dragging it down in some ways.

13. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Good stuff Li. Looks like they can use all the help they can get. Things do not seem to be running very smoothly. Please do not like that when it comes to money and trust. This guys have had trouble from the beginning and it is not gotten better as of yet. Best of luck to you at that event. Hopefully it will grow and maybe next year they can get a nice hotel. Sadly CC has gone way down over the years. I would definitely not stay on site. We always stay down the street at treasure island. Best of luck yo you.

14. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Yay! Just booked my flight and hotel! Weeeee~~~

I’ll be flying in on Friday around noon. Planning to hang out on the mgm lazy river before sat/sun Pin event!

Time to review the rules haha

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    TheMickeyMouseRules and xdattax like this.
  15. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Where did you see that info? Their rules/ policies still mention the tickets Pinopolis

I guess you get to trade until all your pins and tickets are gone, but you're still limited to a certain number of trades per lanyard color.
    • Upon purchasing your lanyard trader blind bag of either 10 or 20 pins you will receive your tickets for lanyard trading. You will receive 2 tickets for each color lanyard with the purchase of a 10 count blind bag, you will receive 4 tickets per color lanyard with the purchase of a 20 count blind bag.

16. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Yup, limited by lanyard color, but instead of being limited to 10 trades total (2 per lanyard with 5 lanyards), you are limited by the number of pins purchased. It doesn't sound like there is a limit for the purchase of pins.

17. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Ohh yes, that seems right. HMMM.. I may also need to pre-sell some pins xD haha

starry_solo likes this.
  18. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

The problem is not knowing what pins they are going to put on the lanyards. There are 35 pins, are they going to put 2/3 of them out on Saturday and 1/3 out on Sunday?

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  19. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Yea... who knows! All I know is July is an expensive month!! T__T

starry_solo likes this.
  20. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

@Pinopolis Ambassador , any updates as to the Las Vegas convention? It's only 6 days away (hooray)! Do you know which ballroom it will be in?

21. Pinopolis Ambassador

Pinopolis Ambassador Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Circus Circus Hotel
    Salon II Ballroom

Saturday July 7, 2018

TRADE AND SELL

12 noon-7pm FREE

11am-12 noon (early entry with ticket or Gold membership)

Free self parking

Sunday July 8, 2018

Pinopolis Pin Game

12 noon-4pm FREE

11am-12 noon (early entry with ticket or Gold membership)

Free self parking

starry_solo likes this.
  22. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

3 more days to go.

Where is the Salon Ballroom? Is it in a specific tower? Main building? Which floor? First? Trying to figure out how to head to it after parking (hopefully we can park in a garage!)

23. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

@Pinopolis Ambassador
    If we don’t end up using all the traders/tickets at the vegas event, can we use them in the Orlando event?

TheMickeyMouseRules and chubs191 like this.
  24. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

I wonder this too. Excellent question WSB!

starry_solo likes this.
  25. Pinopolis Ambassador

Pinopolis Ambassador Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes. You can also use them with your local PinMasters.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk