Pinopolis in Vegas

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by Lisa Lopez, May 21, 2018.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Update: sis & I are both sick :p Woke up with a scratchy throat yesterday and even scratchier one today. GRR....

2. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

:(:(:(:(

3. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Aww.. too much pin fun haha feel better!

4. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

:( Hope you feel better! Rest and liquids!

starry_solo likes this.
  5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Definitely need an unlike button for this post.
    Feel Better!

6. Pinopolis Ambassador

Pinopolis Ambassador Member

0   0   0

A big THANK YOU to everyone who attended PinCon World in Las Vegas this past weekend!!
    Our New HotArt Pin Trading is a huge success! If you missed PinCon World Las Vegas or you just want to continue the trading fun, come to one of our Pop-up HotArt Trading Spots and get your hands on the first ever HotArt All-Star Classics LE 200!
    Wednesday July 11th Orlando Florida TD Collectibles 12-6pm at the flea market location
    Thursday July 12th Fullerton CA at Comic Book Hideout 11:00am-3:00pm
    More Pop-up locations coming soon! Stay tuned for more information...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Water Talent Fairy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

How will this event work? I'm pretty new to trading. Can I buy some of the LE 200 traders at the event, or do I need to bring comparable LE size traders to trade for them?

8. Pinopolis Ambassador

0   0   0

The only pins you can trade are ones purchased at the event. Plan on buying traders when you come. :)

9. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Water Talent Fairy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Thanks for the info! I might make this my first trading event :)

10. Pinopolis Ambassador

0   0   0

Who is coming to the HotArt Trading Pop-Up today? It is 11 to 2 at ComicBook Hideout in Fullerton CA! Buy your traders there!!![​IMG]

11. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Okay, I'm back with another opinion/critique.

Here (I've also screenshot it):
    Pinopolis

It says "Come and experience the world debut of the new HotArt trading program! Meet up with our Pinmasters and swap for our dazzling, exclusive HotArt LE 200 Lanyard pins."

The bold, italics, and underline are by me, for emphasis.

What does exclusive mean?

According to my copy of the Merriam-Webster New Collegiate Dictionary (c. 1977 so maybe the definition has changed in the last 40 years), it has multiple meanings as follows: (1) excluding or having power to exclude; (2) limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group; (3) excluding others from participation; (4) snobbishly aloof; (5) accepting or soliciting only a socially restricted patronage (as of the upper class); (6) stylish, fashionable; (7) restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense; (8) single, sole (as in jurisdiction), (9) whole, undivided (as in "his attention")

*note: I didn't think dictionaries used a variation of the term to define the term, but ok*

To me, exclusive means that the pins would only be seen and traded in Las Vegas.

But, apparently, that is not the case. The "leftovers" were distributed to the Southern California Pin Master (for two events they have had since PinCon). Others may have been distributed overseas and to other North American Pin Masters.

So, you may want to re-word this for future events if it is only the inaugural appearance of the pins and the pins will be made available elsewhere.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  12. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Just my two cents, but I think you’re super over analyzing this. I re-read the page, and nothing makes it sound like these were exclusive to the specific Las Vegas event only? It reads as they are exclusive to Hot Art for lanyard trading (which they are). Also given the info prior to the event on multiple posts on the forum, the representative answered questions that the pins would be available at future events like their upcoming presence in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinopolis Ambassador and Ajk like this.