• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics December/January Maintenance Planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics December/January Maintenance Planned

Figgy

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok So here is the deal guys. We are going to have to have to upgrade the OS on the PinPics server. We have tried several other things to avoid the chaos this will bring but alas none of them have worked. This means that PinPics will be down for several days not just a few hours. We are going to try to make it so that it will be read only during that time but there is no avoiding this issue.

Step one: PinPics will go down for about 4 hours while we run a hardware diagnostic to make sure there is nothing wrong with the actual hardware.

Step two: We will back everything up on another server they will do the upgrade and then we have to restore everything back over. The amount of downtime will depend on how much information we have to restore which is quite a bit. (THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN TIL JAN AFTER HOLIDAYS!) We are going to visit the mouse.

We are scheduling the 4 hour one for the middle of the night if we can but we are at the Hosting companies mercy on this one.

figgy

Last edited:
Figgy, we'd be lost without you! Thank you so much for all you do; seriously, you provide such an important site for all of us addicts...which is probably why we all start to twitch when we don't have it...kinda like coffee. I know I'm not alone in that I check Pinpics before my morning cup! ;) We'll try to brace for our 'Pinpics withdrawal headaches' while sending pixie dust that the whole ordeal isn't too much of a headache for you!

I agree with the sentiment,, thanks for the heads up.
Will have to just look at my own pins for a fix for a day or so

Figgy you have given us wonderful enhancements like the wants trades pairings which are wonderful do what you have to we will all live through it

Jacqui

Thanks for the update and the info, Figgy. As frustrating for us as it is when Pin Pics crashes, it's got to be as frustrating (if not more) for you because

1. you have everyone complaining at you that it's down - which I'm sure you already know
2. you have to fix it - and do it with everyone complaining at you that it's broken

You have invested years of your time and effort to give us a fantastic trading site just because you are that awesome (and at times, I'm sure it feels like a thankless and unappreciated job). I just want to thank you for everything you've done for the pin trading community; don't stress about the time it takes to get the site up and running again - it'll be up again when it's ready.

Ya' mean I will go without "What's New" for awhile? **dyma grabs her throat with over-dramatic zeal** LOL!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Figgy. Hopefully, this will happen while I'm at WDW next month, so won't miss it so much.

Joy

Thank you for everything you do Figgy & by all means, take your time. I'd rather wait an extra day or two then have it go down over and over still because you felt rushed and couldn't do all you wanted to :)

I want to echo the sentiments and say thank you for everything that is PinPics. Without it many of us would be lost in this craziness known as pin trading!

Thank you so much for having Pinpics available and maintaining the massive amount of information that is always updating. I think I will make a few copies of my fave pages so I can have some reading material while the site is being worked on...:)...might stave off the withdrawal symptoms...

Bumping this thread for people who are having Pin Pics issues.

No doubt PP was and is working on the site. Little hiccups will be normal until we get the all clear. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back