• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pins given out at Orlando Park around June 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins given out at Orlando Park around June 2006

OrlandoSearcher

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a tricky question, and I'll preface it by saying I don't know a thing about Disney pins, but I thought I'd ask - what pins were distributed in the Orlando Park around June 2006? To give a bit of backstory, a friend of mine visited the park at that time and gathered a few badges around the place as they gave them out and traded them. She says she got the full set except one - and I thought I'd see if there's any chance I could get that one for her.

She describes everything as badges being given out on a sash to hold various collected badges, with staff throughout the park able to haggle and trade them as well as a shop to buy them at the end (in case this story narrows it down at all). She also says that the one she is missing is a large badge which belonged at the bottom of the sash.

Sorry if this information isn't enough or is too vague to be of use, but if any of you folks who know far more about these things than me has any idea of what I'm looking for, it would be really great if you could point me in the right direction.

Your best bet is to get a picture of your friend's lanyard and then maybe folks here can figure out which set she collected and which one is missing.

Bear in mind there are hundreds, if not thousands of Disney pins released each year of all different characters, themes and events. So we'd need more to go on that what you've provided.

I'm at a loss. Part of what you describe sounds like a Pin Pursuit type event. You would have to go to various places and purchase a pin and then when you were done you would get a map and a free pin. But you didn't have to trade with Cast Members and I don't think any of them had a lanyard medal (which is what I think of when you say large pin that went at the bottom of the sash). Part of it sounds like collecting Cast Lanyard Series pins (now known as Hidden Mickey) because you could only get them by trading with Cast Members. But those never included a Lanyard medal either.

In June 2006 a set of pins celebrating the 35th Anniversary of WDW were released. That series included 12 pins and a matching lanyard medal. But you could simply buy all of those, and not have to trade with Cast Members.

I used the Internet Archive to look back at Dizpins calendar from June 2006, in case anything looks familiar. That website was the goto place for Pin information, and unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. The Internet archive has the pages, but it doesn't have all the pictures archived, so some image links are broken.

https://web.archive.org/web/2007020...com:80/monthly_releases/2006/wdw_june2006.htm

Here's May and July just in case it wasn't June.

https://web.archive.org/web/2007021....com:80/monthly_releases/2006/wdw_may2006.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/2006100...com:80/monthly_releases/2006/wdw_july2006.htm

Last edited:
I was going to say that it may have been from the year of a million dreams event, but I don't think that started until October 2006. If the pins have a blue color scheme and have lots of clouds, then it's likely from that event (may have been a preview)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back