• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

pins returned to sender??? help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pins returned to sender??? help!

shinny8

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hello everyone!

I sent out a multi trade in the mail from UK to the US over two weeks ago. Today i came home to find that the package had been sent back to me with nothing other than a return to sender sticker on the front. I mailed it from the post office and did everything i usually do customs form etc.. the stamp hasn't been franked either so i know it hasn't left the country. i will go to the post office tomorrow to sort it out but i just wondered if anyone has had this happen to them before?

thanks!

thank you for your reply.. i have done... i'm sure the address (the zip code at least) gets checked at post office but i could be wrong

Things happen! If the trader doesn't understand then they shouldn't be trading with the mail system in the first place. Good luck, I'm sure it will all work out!

Did you put USA on it? Maybe they returned it because the country wasn't listed??? Or perhaps there wasn't enough postage?

i'v never had to do customs form just go into post office and it cost me a couple of quid to send to usa. not had any returned to me before either, i always make sure i get proof of postage aswell

Hey Shane! This happened to me just before Christmas - 2 packages addressed for the US just arrived back at my house - no apparent reason - the only thing I can assume is that the packages were collected by the SAME person who delivers our mail & they got mixed up!!

As DPF'ers have mentioned just out of courtesy inform the recipient & then remail. On the safe side check the address & customs label are completed correctly - if they are okay then you're all set - BUT PLEASE make sure you have the correct postage for air-mail & the relevant sticker!!! Packages should be marked as "Small Package"

I had this happen this week lol it was my own misstake though i put the avenue as 194 when is should have been 149 ha ha silly me at least it came back to me so i could re send it :)

Thanks for the replies! the i've checked with the recipient, the address was right, i can't see any errors on the customs form and it is marked small packet :-S.. humm maybe it was just a mix up at the sorting office, at least i got it back and it didn't get lost. i will send it again in the morning! Thanks again.. glad to know it's not just me this has happened to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back