Pinter VII: Pin Trading Awakens...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by coblj003, Jun 5, 2016.

1. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Time to refresh a new pinter thread, its been quite a bit since the last one was updated. Feel free to speak what's on your mind or if you having anything you feel is interesting to share that doesn't necessarily need it's own thread.

On that note I leave a pic of someone who's been featured in the news the past few days, he certainly was one of the greatest of his generation, RIP Ali...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

RIP Ali. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends during what must be a difficult time.

3. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of last night's shooting in Orlando. Wondering if any of your friends or co-workers might have been in this has been disheartening enough but to consider how close it is to somewhere we all hold dear in our hearts...

4. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I completely agree; I'm sending thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust to those affected by yet another horrible and senseless tragedy. My thoughts and prayers especially go out to the victims and their families and friends - I hope they can find some comfort and solace during this terrible time in their lives.

The only thing that gives me some small comfort is seeing the turnout of people in Orlando to give blood and provide support following the tragedy. No matter how bad things got, the community is pulling together to help each other.

5. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

It's a good time for a new pinter thread!

Best wishes and love to all of you, my pin family.

6. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

So what do you UK members think about your country leaving the EU? I'm reading now that Prime Minister Cameron is resigning over this and am a bit curious how you all are taking it...

7. Xanaduhaz

Xanaduhaz Clinically Pinsane

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

In shock I suppose, I knew it would be close but thought it would still be remain. It means my dads job could become redundant. Stats show that it was older people voting leave and younger people voting remain. I know alot of people including myself are upset by the result but it is what it is so we will have to adapt. Just the vote is having an effect on the economy like fuel prices are expected to rise and we don't leave the EU for another 2 years possibly.

8. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

^^Totally agree^^
    Luckily my job should be fine but it's going to hit me hard in terms of spare money . I'm happy to admit I voted remain but sadly a lot of others felt differently , who knows perhaps it won't be as bad as I fear . But as a politician summed it up we've gone from Great Britain to Little England .

9. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

There are apparently a lot of UK voters this morning telling the press that they only voted "Leave" as a protest/statement, that they actually didn't want it to win. And now regret voting "Leave."One person is even quoted as saying "I thought my vote wouldn't count." :facepalm:

I'm not in the UK, but I'm told that the referendum isn't legally binding until Parliament approves it, and that there might even be a second referendum. So despite having already tanked the economy, it might not end up with the UK actually leaving the EU.

Scary thing, though, already hearing from people of color in the UK who have white co-workers and even white strangers telling them "you're next" and "go home" (even though they are citizens and were born there.) A lot of ugliness happens when irresponsible politicians tell struggling people to blame their economic problems on immigrants/Muslims/Jews/etc. It's happening in the US too (this is how Trump got where he is). It's always easier to find a group to scapegoat than to look at complex solutions to complex problems. :(

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  10. speedwaystar1

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

It's all to do with Scotland . To give some background , Scotland & Northern Ireland voted overwhelmingly to remain . And when the Scots first had an independence referendum they voted to stay part of the United Kingdom , in no small part because it meant they'd remain in Europe . Now they have their leaders saying they shouldn't be forced to quit the EU and should have a second referendum on this too .
    All in all it looks likely we'll witness not just the departure from the EU but also the dissolution of the UK :(
    As for the immigration issue , both sides have to share some of the blame there . Both ran negative campaigns with that as a major factor , culminating in the publication of a universally condemned image by the leave campaign . Sadly it's easier to blame all your problems on someone different than to try and find our similarities

11. speedwaystar1

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

To try and get this back to a more positive note :)
    Has anyone ridden the new Kong ride at Universal Orlando ? I'm trying to decide if I need to allow time at Universal if I ever get to visit again

12. KT07

KT07 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Big fire up here in kern county. The fire has killed at least 2 and others are hurt. 100 plus houses are gone. The fire is over 30,000 acres and growing fast. Please pray for everyone.

The local Chevy shop is taking water donations to help the homeless and the fire fighters. They need all the help they can get on this one. Hope everyone is safe and your loved ones also.

13. KT07

KT07 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Sucks to have bad stuff happen. But hot dam. It's nice to see people pull together and make a difference. The truck shop has gathered up 5 box trucks for lol of water. Not stopping yet. But that is a real good start.

14. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'm very glad that Pinter has made a return. Can we try to make this the fun, optimistic, and irreverent thread that it was intended to be, please? In light of what's going on in the world (as evidenced by the entries above), I think we need a place to just have fun and be silly!

15. speedwaystar1

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

I hear Universal is planning a new attraction based on the upcoming The Secret Life of Pets . Whilst I think this could be quite fun , am I the only surprised they didn't try something based on Kung Fu Panda ? I loved that film

16. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Kung Fu Panda does seem a much more natural choice for an attraction, but maybe KFP3 didn't do so hot so they want to take a chance on something else? I don't know, I didn't see it.

The Secret Life of Pets looks interesting. Was I the only one thrown off by the inclusion of System of a Down's ‚Äč"Bounce" in the trailer?

17. speedwaystar1

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

Or even better , how about a How To Train Your Dragon ride ? Would make an awesome coaster or an even better 3D ride like the two new Harry Potter ones .

18. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

That would definitely be better! I'd go on a HTTYD ride without a second thought.

19. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I'm thinking Universal won't be able to use Dreamworks properties in their parks until Fox's distribution license expires next year.

20. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

An HTTYD roller coaster or 3D ride?! Oh, yes, please! That sounds absolutely amazing; if done correctly, I think the ride concept should just about design itself.

21. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'm thinking you're probably right, but I hope that changes once the license does expire. Dreamworks has some amazing franchises that I think would make brilliant attractions.

22. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

*kind of switching topics here* I was very happy to see that they've added more episodes of House Hunters and International House Hunters on Netflix, but they've removed the old ones entirely!

Also, a HTTYD ride would be awesome! (I'd like it much more than the minions ride)

23. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Randomly: I find that the website notalwayshopeless.com lifts my spirits a bit. :)

24. speedwaystar1

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

Near where I live there was an 80's themed Rock Festival (Headlined by Rick Astley & Tiffany) so at work today I had to serve : Countless mulleted men , women with perms & leg warmers , a man in a full shell suit and my personal favourite a group of 5 women dressed as Care Bears :lol:

25. speedwaystar1

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

:mickey2: Happy 4th July :mickey2:
    [​IMG]