Pinter VII: Pin Trading Awakens...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by coblj003, Jun 5, 2016.

1. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Happy Fourth of July!!!

2. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Same to you, sir! And everyone else!

3. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

​Happy 4th of July to everyone!

4. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Oh my ... pics or it didn't happen ... I think! ;) :rofl:

5. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Watching the Ghibli film From up on a Poppy Hill, its a good period piece set in the early 60's. Looking at the credits for the English cast and now I can't overlook that Anton Yelchin plays the male lead...

6. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Has anyone played Pokemon GO? I don't have a capable device(windows lumia) to play so I'm curious if its as crazy and hijink filled as my social media feeds and news sites are making it to be...

7. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

Prayers go out to the Dallas police officers. To their families that lost their husband, father to their children, mother's, father's, mother, father, siblings & friends.
    These senseless violent acts of violence need to stop. We are living in one scary world.

8. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

It's not available in the UK yet , short of device hacking methods which I'm not looking into . I'd probably give it a go . I grew up in the 90's so the original Pokemon still hold some nostalgic value for me

9. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    184   0   0

I don't think you'd want me posting pictures , the Care Bear costumes didn't leave much to the imagination :p

10. Knewton

Knewton Member

0   0   0

The sun is up, it's up to all of us to make it a great day. We set our own attitudes.

11. maxtrexmom

maxtrexmom Member

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

We just started and we're going out to hunt for some this afternoon :D

12. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Well I'm on vacation from work this week. We were initially planning on going to Disney World but due to with my wife's job at her school in jeopardy(just another casualty of budget woes brought on by the state of illinois) we've decided to put that on hold. We may go later this year but I am definitely looking forward and planning for DLR next summer when we go visit my mom's family...

13. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I'm really sorry to hear that! I know how much it stinks to have a job constantly in question. Will you at least be able to do something fun as a family?

14. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

We're heading to Indianapolis on Thursday for a weekend getaway before I have to back at work on Sunday...

15. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I haven't yet, but based upon what I'm hearing about it, it's something that I'm strongly considering downloading to try. For those who have it, would you recommend it? How time consuming is it? Is it something that requires a certain amount of play, or is it just that addictive that people want to play it all the time?

16. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Weekend getaways always are fun. And when you plan for DLR next year, maybe plan for other things as well; I think that an indoor water park/resort just opened that isn't too far from DLR that might be worth checking out. The catch is you need to stay at the hotel to visit the water park, so I haven't gone yet, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

17. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

It is definitely worth it - it's a ton of fun, and is pretty addictive. That said, it only requires as much time of you as you want to put in - there's no time gating (having certain things only available at certain times, or making you log in every day to get stuff) so you can play when you want, which will likely be a lot. It's really nice because you can play in your living room, or make it an adventure and go out and explore to see what you find. It's definitely a battery sucker, though.

18. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I'm having my art displayed in an art gallery in Orlando next month! I'm just so excited; I really wanted to share!

19. sismelis

sismelis Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Congratulations Frozenlanterns! What sort of art? Maybe we need to see some pics on here?!

20. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

​Second that completely! Congratulations - and pictures, most definitely, or it didn't happen (plus we want to see your beautiful artwork).

21. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Congratulations Riley, a few photo's of the event or a link would be wonderful to share.

22. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Thank you so much! I'm so excited!

My art is actually a dress! It's made completely out of recycled materials (kind of like the "Unconventional Materials" challenges on Project Runway). I will definitely post some pictures!

For those who are interested, here's the event's website and FB page:

http://www.immersedshow.com
    https://www.facebook.com/events/875124099215653/

23. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Ooooh, congratulations! :cheshire:

24. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Haven't been on much due to work and now can't have phone out at all except in the break areas(autoparts manufacturer, they made it stricter after pokemon-go incidents rose). I'm saddened to find out that the Main Street Electrical Parade is leaving the Magic Kingdom this october; I worked PAC its opening night before my college program internship ended. In other rather odd news, its funny to find out they edited a shocker hand gesture of Steve Tyler out of Rock'n'Rollar Coaster that's been present for the past 17 years. I'm just wondering why they didn't choose to edit it into either the Rockin Roll Hand Sign/Disney Point/Scout's Honor instead rather then him holding four fingers up...

25. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

RIP Gene Wilder.

[video=youtube_share;r2pt2-F2j2g]http://youtu.be/r2pt2-F2j2g[/video]