Pinter VII: Pin Trading Awakens...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by coblj003, Jun 5, 2016.

1. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I guess a fitting post, May the Fourth be with you...

2. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Revenge of the Fifth...

Happy Cinco De Mayo... [​IMG]

3. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

[​IMG]

Whenever I'm out in public I try to take photos of things that have been branded with Frozen characters but are really out of place. This one was really obscure, so I thought I'd share.

4. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That's hilarious! :lol:

5. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Upcoming Solar Eclipse - August 21st, 2017

With less than a month till go time, my local area(Carbondale, IL) has been advertising daily for the past few months the upcoming total solar eclipse on August 21st with another one also seven years away. As awesome as it is to see this natural event in my backyard, I wonder if any other member here will be on it's path of totality? You can see what it will look like in your area on the link below...

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/7/25/16019892/solar-eclipse-2017-interactive-map

[video=youtube_share;oNH3akWXaV8]https://youtu.be/oNH3akWXaV8[/video]

6. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

I don't live in the path of totality, but I'm going there! :) Some friends and SOs and I are driving to Oregon & staying a few days in order to see it.

It'll actually be my second one! I was in grade school during the first one, and we *were* in totality then (or pretty near.)

7. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

...is anyone else having a weird thing happen where when you click the "new posts" link, not all the new posts appear? There are posts that I know are there, from my subscribed threads (or my own posts) but they do not appear when I do that search.

EDIT: Or is it just that the search no longer shows you your own posts? Kinda freaky; makes me think my post didn't go through.

8. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I noticed that too one day after one of the site updates. Under "New Posts", it doesn't show your own posts(and it's replies). The "What's New" link will still show all posts, though there is a bit more scrolling involved...

9. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Totality!!!

[​IMG]

10. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Amazing picture, thanks for sharing! I'm so jealous of those who were in the path of totality.

11. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

The next one in seven years will pass again on my doorstep. I halfway wonder if I should hold an eclipse trading event but that is way too far in the future to plan...

12. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Not at all. I wouldn't be surprised if people are booking hotel stays for the next eclipse now, provided of course, that hotels are accepting reservations for seven years from now. You could even advertise the trading event as come for the eclipse, stay for the trading ... or would that be the other way round?

13. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Finding out your account is down $50 due to unauthorized iTunes purchases is frustrating, looks like I'm going off to cancel and get a new card...

14. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Ooooohhhh, pretty site redesign! I haven't been on in ages. Missed you all!