Pixar Fest

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by itsFantasmic, Mar 28, 2018.

1. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

:p yay Friday!
    This is crazy Thursday Ursula window, Friday Pixar food, Sat DSF Cuties!! $$$ :stitch:

timeerkat likes this.
  2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Yeeeeeep, this is going to be an expensive weekend! (At least I don't have to worry about the window on Thursday.)

ETA:

Merchandise is out already. Look at this stuff! Pins are going to be the least of my worries!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    arielsdinglehopper and pincrazy like this.
  3. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

So i checked again, AP corner is at Paradise Gardens for the decals

The other AP merchandise is on Buena Vista Street, will update Friday when I find it : )

timeerkat likes this.
  4. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Yeah Mouse Planet is reporting AP Corner will be in the back by Paradise Gardens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timeerkat and pincrazy like this.
  5. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

6. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

Are those luggage tags? I kinda want the wall-e one..

7. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Nope, they're two-sided (I think ceramic) ornaments (so the Inside Out ornament is Joy on one side and Anger on the other, the WALL-E ornament is WALL-E on one side and EVE on the other, etc.).

8. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

aww shucks! haha I already have a fine and dandy wall-e ornament (thanks, tessa xD haha)

9. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

:D Hehe, you're welcome. I'm gonna get the Inside Out one. I have almost every official Inside Out ornament that has been produced (as far as I know, I'm only missing the Grolier subscription Joy and Sadness).

*vibrates* TOMORROW! I'm so excited!

10. dizpinfreak

dizpinfreak Active Member

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

I saw the Toy story and Incredibles pins that are supposed to be released today. Is there anyone that can pick them up for me? I’ll post in the Pin Sale thread as well, but was hoping to catch the eye of someone that is definitely going. :)

11. Moonie

Moonie Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Work yesterday gave us free Pixar Fest socks and a bite of the Luxo Jr cake! Soooo good.

12. Moonie

Moonie Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Just to let you know, DCA has a new pin game for Pixar Fest. It’s in front of a shop on the right when you enter DCA - it’s “Mini Monstropolis”, and you pick a door (including Boo’s!) and the CM opens the door and unveils a pin that you can decide whether or not you wanna trade for. Super cute!

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  13. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

14. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

The first day of Pixar Fest was AMAZING! A bunch of photos of my day!

[​IMG]

PIXAR FEST, WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Darice (@pincrazy ) and I had some early morning park time together! :) We came across these fence panels that I had to take photos with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we saw a momma duck and daddy duck with their twelve ducklings!

[​IMG]

And we rode Toy Story Mania and Ariel, both as walk-ons with no line. I also did some shopping at Knick Knacks (the pop-up Pixar Fest store where all the event merchandise is sold) and got the Inside Out Mickey ears and ornament. The AP tumbler was already sold out on Thursday (really hoping they get more in), boo!

Darice left to go back with her mother, so I went to Cars Land to drop off my purchases for pickup later and rode all the rides in that area (again all walk-ons), then met up with Ann (@Addicted to Alice Pins ) and her BFF for breakfast at Flo's. I can't remember everything we did together or in what order (it was a freakin' LONG day!), but we got fastpasses for Soarin', went on Ariel, and checked out the Pixar Pals back area.

[​IMG]

We also met up with Darice and her mom, and Connie (@Connies_Hobby ) for a bit.

I got the Pixar Play Parade dining package at Plaza Inn for lunch, which included a several-course meal and seating in the reserved section for the Pixar Play Parade. Lunch was really good, though I think it's funny that mac and cheese is one of the sides for the pasta main dish. For the reserved seating, I got a really nifty lanyard, and they made buttons for everyone who had the dining package for the first parade.

[​IMG]

After lunch I met back up with Ann and BFF and we did Small World (though on our walk back to that area we ran into Alice and the Mad Hatter, so Ann got a photo with them on her birthday! :D After Small World we very briefly met up with Mark (@AvatarAng1 ), before heading off so I could make the 3:30 Play Parade. The reserved section had a great view, and I got some pretty awesome shots of the parade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the new Inside Out float is awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I love the way they designed Kevin!

[​IMG]

I went back across to DCA for a few hours. I got to meet Nick and Judy (well, meet again, but I always love saying hi when they're out. They're so fluffy!)

[​IMG]

And the character attendant cast member was awesome. To go along with my outfit, first she got them to pose as Sadness and Disgust, since Judy was wearing blue and Nick was wearing green.

[​IMG]

Then she had Nick switch to Anger since he's reddish.

[​IMG]

After that I headed to AP corner and picked up my free decals, then headed over to the Animation Academy. They added a ton of Pixar characters to the rotation, and one of them was Bing Bong! Bign Bong was really fun to draw, and I'm really hoping they add some of the emotions over the next few weeks.

As I was leaving the Animation Academy, I passed by Daisy! I always seem to miss her and have never met her in DCA when she's in her dapper outfit. We admired each other outfits. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I met back with Ann/BFF for a bit one last time before heading over to Downtown Disney to hop online for a moment, and then went to Disneyland for the new fireworks show, which is AMAZING!!! I didn't have a perfect view of the castle and lower fireworks since I was positioning myself at the end of Main Street to be closer to the exit after the fireworks show, but I had a great view of the projections on the buildings of Main Street. I plan to watch it from different areas on my next few visits (close to the castle, near Small World, etc.). After the fireworks, I went back to DCA to see Paint the Nights, which was awesome to see again. It's probably my favorite night parade, even a bit more than Main Street Electrical Parade. Once the parade was over it was around 11:30, so I went to pick up my held merchandise and headed home. Got home at around 1 am, and then proceeded to pass out for the next 9 1/2 hours, haha!

15. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Looks like a blast! Thanks for showing us what it all looks like!

16. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Holy cow that looks like so much fun! I'm really glad you got to go and enjoy it. Kevin is so cooooooool!!!!

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  17. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Love your outfit! I agree, Kevin is amazing, especially because Russell is on her back! Thanks for the pics!

18. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Walking through the parks with Tessa was like being with a celebrity. :D Soooo many people loved her Joy outfit (especially the ears). It was fantastic!

19. itsFantasmic

itsFantasmic Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WOW FUN! Your outfit is THE cutest and I love how the character attendant had Judy and Nick pose like characters from Inside Out! Thanks for sharing all of the pictures and fun memories :)

20. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

:3 D'awww, thank y'all for the compliments! I got that dress a few years ago but hadn't worn it before because I generally do not like wearing dresses unless it's for a special occasion. But I will probably wear it out more often to Disney, especially when focusing on Pixar stuff.

And you guys! Shop Disney has some Inside Out Pixar Fest merchandise that wasn't at the parks! (At least not as of Friday.) There's a tumbler of only Inside Out characters and a set of little stainless steel cups with an emotion on each. I still had my $25 coupon code from the Park Pack delay, so I was able to snag the tumbler for just a few bucks. Now at least I'm covered if I can't get the AP Tervis tumbler from the parks.

21. Guy the Ghoul

Guy the Ghoul Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Does anyone know if the Pixar fest jumbo pin is sold out or not, because over on Mice Chat, there's a photo of one on display taken over this weekend at one of the stores. The photo is in the most recent Disneyland Update section.

22. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

That's odd that there would be one on display from this weekend, since the jumbo (supposedly) sold out before the event opened on Friday.

23. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

The AP jumbo supposedly sold out on Wednesday, but I was able to find some on Thursday at Knick Knacks the Pixar Store. But on Friday at opening it was no longer on display, and CM confirmed it sold out, but maybe they found few more? It could be someone returned the pin.

24. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Update - I got an email from Shop Disney this morning saying my tumbler order wasn't able to be fulfilled and I wouldn't be charged. But the tumbler is still up for sale on the site. :/

25. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

That's really weird...