Planning a trip...

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by Tsuki, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Tsuki

Tsuki Active Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hey all!

So I'm currently a planning to visit WDW in April 2019. I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any pin trading events around the end of March/beginning of April and is anyone going to be around and wants to meet up?

This is just in talks at the moment and nothing definate. Just need to check a few things first but I'd like to think I'll go then.

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Do you have a Disney Visa card @Tsuki ?

3. Tsuki

Tsuki Active Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I don't think we can get them over here :(

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Aww. OK.

Back to your original question. There is usually a FB group that does monthly meet ups near WDW for pins. It's usually announced the month before as far as the exact date. There aren't usually pin events at WDW at that time of year.

@MerlinEmrys @chubs191 @wdwaurora are in the area

I don't have plans for WDW for a few more years

5. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

I believe there are three groups that meet over the course of a month: central fl pin chasers, there was the one Michelle put on, and then I think Pin Trading Society did one. I never am off the days they have the pin meets, so I am never able to attend.

If you would like to do some fun trades, Epcot is always my go-to. I'll even do it on weekdays sometimes. Keep in mind that a good majority of people, if not all, don't make high end trades, those are usually made at PTNs or other trading events.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

6. Tsuki

Tsuki Active Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Thanks! I'll check them out :)

7. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

If you're going to be there for at least 5-6 days (or longer) and planning on staying on property, have you considered getting an annual pass? The advantages of an annual pass:

1. You can immediately apply your annual pass discount to your room
    2. You will get a discount on merchandise (read: pins)
    3. If you enjoy table service dining, you can purchase the Tables in Wonderland program, which gives you a small discount (it adds up quickly)
    4. If you plan on returning to WDW within a year, you'll already have your park admission covered

I've had an annual pass to both DLR and WDW for more years than I can remember and it's always been worth it for me.