• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Please help me help a wonderful person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me help a wonderful person

iamdisneydan

The Bald Guy In The Back
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Hello everyone,
I was hoping maybe someone could help me. Margaret (swim2sea) is a wonderful person and has done so much for both me and my kids. We developed a relationship some time ago and she is one of the people I used as an example in my friends of disney dan group.

I have bought her things many times from DLR and shipped it to Florida for her. The reason I am writing this post is because some time ago, she had sent me 10 pins and said just send me something when you get it and I have not been able to get her anything from her wants.

Can you all please look at her wants (there are only like 50 - 60) and see if you have anything and if so, please look at my traders (iamdisneydan) and see if we can work something. I dont care if I have to trade multiple pins to get any pin on her list. (please dont take too much advantage of me) I really want to give her some of the joy back that she gave me.

She really is a wonderful person and more than anything I would like to get her at least one pin from her wants. Please take a look: swim2sea and see what we can do.

I sincerely appreciate any and all help.

Best Regards,
Well, you know..... The Bald Guy In The Back (iamdisneydan)

Last edited:
I went to look and realized PinPics has this very, very cool new thing that checks to see if you have a trader that someone is looking for. Wow, great idea. I have so many traders I forget sometimes what I have. Unfortunately I have nothing that she would like. Penny

Nothing here either. Wow, that new feature on PP makes life soooo much easier! Props to Figgy and Britt! :phineas::hatbox:

No sorry can't help you, although there are 2 new pins on there (Mickey icon with buttons) which should be fairly easy for you to get hold of.

Thank you all for looking. This is awesome that so many people have tried. This is what a pin trading site is all about. Helping each other.
I know her wants are thin but eventually hopefully someone has one of them.

Thanks gang

I just wanted to jump in and speak a little on Margaret myself. I don't believe a more wonderful person exists. Margaret is a true friend of mine made through pin trading. I live 10 hours from her and would leave today if she called and said she needed me! She lost both of her parents within 7 months time. Her dad just passed away 2 weeks ago, yet in all of her grief and travel and packing his belongings, she managed to trade a pin of her own for a pin on MY wants list and mailed it to me! People like her are true gems and rare! So, if you are out there and you DO have something on her wants list, I will help Dan make the trade happen!

Thank you to everyone who is looking and thanks to Dan for doing something for someone so special!

Dan, I have always looked at her...and many others wants, But very few need what I collect. I will continue to keep and eye out.

I looked also, no luck! We are going to be at WDW in for the first two weeks of Dec. I will keep my eyes open for ya!

Unfortunately I don't have anything on her wants list. Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

Got the PM. Thanks Bro.
Tiki, when a guy only has 6 wants that says something.
I wish I could say that...lol
Then again, That would mean if I get them, what would I do.
Thank yu all for the nice thoughts and taking time to look.

Now I know why I have had little luck at the park in finding these pins. They are obviuosly difficult pins but I know they are out there.
I really want to thank everyone who has looked andtried. Again, thats what this hobby is all about to me, people helping each other and making new friends.

Thanks,
TBGITB

I do have this pin on her wants list:
However neither of you have pins I need for me or the 3 other people I trade for. I'm sure there are pins out there that you could buy that I would gladly trade it for! Let me know if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back