Please share your favorite cookie recipe for using cookie cutters

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Disneychildwithin, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

My son is on fall break and I promised him we'd make some ninja cookies. Haven't used cookie cutters in a long time so I'm hoping I can get a few recommendations for a good cookie recipe that's cookie cutter friendly. Please share!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  3. DoReMarie

DoReMarie New Member

0   0   0

This is my favorite sugar cookie recipe: Best Sugar Cookie Recipe EVER
    We used the Betty Crocker recipe for years, but they didn’t keep their shape very well. This recipe tastes great and the cookies keep their exact shape. The best part is that there is no refrigeration required (which is great for a procrastinator like me)! We’ve baked these twice in the last two months. I use a royal icing recipe to frost them (How to Make Icing - Easy Homemade Royal Icing Recipe) and I love this one because it dries hard and doesn’t call for meringue powder which I don’t like the taste of. The cookies also taste good with just a powder sugar/milk frosting. Best of luck and happy baking!

4. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Please forgive my poor taste, but the Krusteaz and Betty Crocker boxed mixes work great
    and you don't have to refrigerate them before cutting the cookies. I do usually break the
    dough in half and put half in the frig and then switch out.

@Blurkishgirl I'm sure yours is better. :)

5. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

BTW, what exactly is a ninja cookie?

6. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Haha, I just meant I'll be using a martial artist cookie cutter and decorating them in different ninja outfits.

7. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I'd have to get the actual recipe, but my wife's family makes sand tarts - very simple, thin, crunchy sugar cookies.