Pokémon Go Friend Codes!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by MerlinEmrys, Jun 22, 2018.

1. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Thank you! I'll pass it along to him. He will be excited!

His trainer name is Wolfgang6k (he's 12, lol).

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Oh, so is that where the friends from Japan, Croatia and the Netherlands (I think) came from? I'm not getting a lot of extra friend requests but I do have a couple that were unknown to me and their locations seem odd. The Japan one, I thought maybe we have a lurker. But I don't know how popular Disney Pin Trading is in Croatia (or does someone here actually live in Croatia). They give me gifts regularly, so I haven't been too concerned with it.

3. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

I found out that you get XP and other perks when you level up your friendships, so even if you don't have an egg slot, keep opening those gifts!

4. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

Correct. The only way to increase that friendship level at a distance is to open gifts (or the other person open them).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Holy cow. So, I decided to open all of my gifts, and there's a limit to how many you can open in a day. Learned something new today.

chubs191 likes this.
  6. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

And how many was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

8. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Yes, must have been 20. I didn’t think to count and there are 19 entries in my journal before it ends.

9. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Holy cow. I received about 45 requests so far today. Is there something new going on or did we just get picked up by another site again?

Also, it won't let me scroll to the bottom of the requests. It keeps shutting the app down. Anyone else having this problem?

10. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

There's a bot system that has started randomly trying number for people and sending out requests. It's really annoying.

However, you can change your trainer number and that should take care of it for a while at least.

Click the Add Friend button, then the little refresh button under your code. If you've given anyone your code recently and they haven't actually sent the request, you'll need to give them your new code. But it won't affect any of your current friends.

I had to do this today. I've got 78 requests since yesterday afternoon and it was driving me batty. Hahah!

krand1276 likes this.
  11. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Oooh, thank you! It is pretty crazy!

12. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I need a couple more friends as part of my special research so please friend me if you haven’t already.
    [​IMG]

TammyH likes this.
  13. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I friended two people in a pin line this morning!

Ajk and krand1276 like this.
  14. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

My wife started playing in preparation for the Switch version and could use a couple friends for the mission. She is not a frequent player, but happy to provide gifts when she has them.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Sent a request. I'm KipsyTesla

Ajk likes this.
  16. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thanks!

17. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    250   0   0

If anyone local to me (Los Angeles area) wants to get together and trade, I have 20 Mr. Mimes I caught in Europe that I need to dump onto people. I don't want to blender them since they're region-specific and that feels wrong when they could go to someone who can't otherwise get one, but they are taking up so much bag space and it's a bit creepy to go through my bag and have to scroll through so many Mr. Mimes with their Mr. Mime faces and Mr. Mime fingers.

I swear, Mr. Mime was like Pidgey or Ratata. They were *everywhere*! Much more prevalent than Tauros here.

18. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

My son plays so here is his Trainer Code 5119 0990 0590 Huntstheshadows have fun

19. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

C J my son tried your trainer code says it is invalid what is up with that I put his trainer code on under my message

20. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Several people had to reset their codes after receiving a bunch of inappropriately named spam requests.

krand1276 likes this.
  21. chubs191

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

Anybody out and about know what the flippity flap jacks this Ditto thing is about?

22. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Nope, nothing. The Silph Road Reddit group is confused too, and they're usually really good with data mining.

So far the theories are a way to introduce Kecleon (apparently the sound matches Kecleon's audio), or some kind of promotion for Pokemon Let's Go. These are all foreign words to me, since I didn't play any Pokemon games. Pokemon Let's Go is apparently the ability to transfer Pogo Pokemon to the Switch, which launches in 8 weeks.

Or something completely different to be revealed later.

23. chubs191

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

I love Keckleon. Although he should be invisible completely. So, I donno if it's that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

24. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

There are reports of some people seeing Kecleon spawns that turn into Ditto

REVERSAL on Twitter
    [​IMG][​IMG]

25. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    250   0   0

That Ditto swarm yesterday was CRAZY! Though it was a great opportunity for people who needed one for dex or task purposes. I was hoping to find a shiny, but I'm not sue if shiny Ditto was even possible during the Great Dittoing.

I did manage to catch a single shiny Chikorita, and enough regular ones to evolve it into Meganium during the event, so I have a shiny Meganium with Frenzy Plant now (not really useful for me, but still neat to have, as it's the first time I've been able to do everything during an event).