Pokemon Go Pics!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by MerlinEmrys, Jul 12, 2016.

1. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

Hey gang! With the advent of this crazy fun game, I thought we needed a post where we can share our pics from the augmented reality picture feature on the app! :3 Funny or exciting! Post away!

My trip to the beach was awesome!

[​IMG]

And my boyfriend found a surprise in his sushi bowl! Run horsea! Run!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Haha, nice! I knew it was only a matter of time! My phone is too old to play it... :cry:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  3. Xanaduhaz

Xanaduhaz Clinically Pinsane

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

This needs to be officially out in the UK now it looks so fun. Can't wait to see everyones pictures

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

4. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

The AR function keeps crashing the game when I use it while taking pictures or catching pokemon, so I've had to turn it off. But I did get some photos early on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

Yeah, the AR is a battery suck too. But I pop it on if I think it'll make a good pic. XD

6. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

0: That dratini! I'm so jealous.

This is one of the pokestops by my house:

[​IMG]

7. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

That's terrifying...

8. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

[​IMG]

Beach fun! XD

9. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

There was a Wartortle that showed up on my radar today, and I walked for 30 minutes trying to track it down! Then the game glitched and I lost it :( (sorry it's not a photo, but I needed somewhere to convey my frustration)

And the beach seems like a wonderful place!!

10. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I just sent out some pin mail, and found out that my post office is a gym! So naturally I named my vaporeon Stamp and took it over. Now we are the guardians of the mail!

[​IMG]

11. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Nice! A friend loaned me a phone I can use on wifi at work - there are two pokestops but no gyms on my campus - so I've been playing for day or two and just found this big baddie:

[​IMG]

I'm still looking for a phone I can actually use on my network (Verizon - this one is ATT) if anyone has any leads!

12. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

Super jelly of your Taurus!! XD I had a lot of fun in Disney Springs yesterday!

Magikarp in the DS Lagoon! They were everywhere!!

[​IMG]

Growlithe was playing in the sprinklers!

[​IMG]

Meowth living it up in the Grand Floridian!

[​IMG]

Squirtle was chilling around the GF fountain!

[​IMG]

And Clefairy joined me on my bus ride. :3

[​IMG]

13. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Man! Those are some great catches! With all the MagiKarp you're getting you'll have a Gyarados in no time!

14. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

I've not been playing it myself, but I've been SUPER enjoying people's photos, videos & stories.

My girlfriend teaches at a local college and it turns out there is a Pokemon gym in the college's actual gym. :D

Another friend has a certain drawer where she keeps all her weed (it's legal here) and that's where she found a Weedle. :rofl:

In another town, an animal shelter is letting kids walk dogs for free while they catch Pokemon:

[​IMG]

And something very cute: kids in a park scrawled chalk maps to tell other kids where they found Pokemon:

[​IMG]

15. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Awwwww that last bit is so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'm definitely enjoying everyone's stories and the pictures are beyond super cute!

At the risk of asking a really silly question, how exactly does one play this? I've been hearing a lot about it from numerous sources including here, on the news, and my friends discussing it, but I can't quite work out what the objective is or how to play. I know what Pokemon is, but I never played it so I would say I don't have anything more than a passing familiarity with it (and that comes from listening to my friends who do - or did - play). I'm considering downloading the app/game, but I'd like to know more about it before I commit myself to another electronic-based hobby/habit.

17. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

It's very easy to learn how to play! All the game really involves at this point is looking at a map to find Pokemon that might be in your area. When one shows up, you tap on it and "throw" (flick on the screen) a poke ball to catch it. You can then power up and/or evolve your Pokemon to your liking. Everyone has their own goal in the game, wether it be to "Catch them all" or become the strongest trainer in the area - aka being in control of the local gym - but there's no requirement to do that. At its base, it's just a very fun companion app to when you are walking or exploring the area!

18. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

Yup! The game is what you make it. I mostly just enjoy finding Pokemon out and about. It's so satisfying. Hahaha!

19. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

I just unlocked a Verizon phone today to use on the AT&T network. There are a lot of guides on how to do it online. If you need any help or tips you can PM me.

20. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

It's not the unlocking that I need, that's not too hard. The problem is that not all phones will actually work on GSM and CDMA. The network I use is CDMA only, and the phone is GSM.

21. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

Oh, yeah. The phone I unlocked had both.

22. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I would love it if this one did! I did find a Galaxy S5 for wicked cheap because it has a terribly cracked screen. Anyone know how to fix em? ;)

23. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  24. Pxv703

Pxv703 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just as soon as I can get my phone back from the kids and figure out how to take pictures at the same time I am playing I will send pics as well. Enjoyed looking at everybody's pics.

With that being said I shouldn't complain too much. Just figured out a way to have them take the dog on long walks...lol

25. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Hatched my first 10K egg today, and here's what I got (he's been powered up):
    [​IMG]

:D

Also, if anyone has any authentic Samsung chargers for an S5 and/or an S3 I could buy, I would love you forever.