• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Possible fake PTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible fake PTN

Ozzie1988

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So I got this pin last night from a vary trusted trader so I know that if it was a fake she didn't know, I got the PPTN Sebastian, when I put him next to my Ariel 10 or so flags shoot right up,

20130316_111313_zpsfe6601a3.jpg

20130316_111328_zpsa851edd8.jpg

20130316_111350_zps56abcd3c.jpg

sebastian is vary light and thin that was my first thought when I picked them up. What do you guys think?

looking back now I should have taken it off the card and looked at the pin

Last edited:
I would not say its a fake PTN as there has NEVER been a faked Paris PTN pin in the long history of them, plus the number stamped on the pin would be a good factor to say its legit. I wouldnt worry about it.

The stars on mine match yours. The back of yours is correct centre nub, the early PTN pins like Ariel have the numbers that big and the newer ones look exactly like that of sebastian.

Ok thats good thank you stitch,

Omg I was looking for this like crazy I was like I know I posted it where is it lol darn you Mobile phones!!!

If it was not in a frame I would take a pic of the back XD My stitch PTN has the same type of back as the Ariel as the early ones look like than then they shrank it all down to like it is on the Sebastian and now the backs are mickey heads just incase you get a newer one and think EH?? the back is different again lolol

I would not say its a fake PTN as there has NEVER been a faked Paris PTN pin in the long history of them, plus the number stamped on the pin would be a good factor to say its legit. I wouldnt worry about it.

The stars on mine match yours. The back of yours is correct centre nub, the early PTN pins like Ariel have the numbers that big and the newer ones look exactly like that of sebastian.
There are scrapper Paris PTNs on eBay right now...every pin has that potential...if you would like the name of the eBay seller, please pm me. This seller also recently sold DSF UP! Valentines Day pins )3 sets) for $145...EVERY EVERY pin has the potential to be a scrapper pin!

There are not PTN scrapper pins as each one is individually numbered and pin on pin. Many French traders get multiples on multiples of the pins when they come out. I have been to a PTN in Paris and there is never more than 200 traders there and many bring families etc and thus end up with loads, I myself ended up with 4 Rapunzel and Mulan as when everyone has there allocated 2 pins, the rest are offered as 2nd chance.

yes every pin has the potential to be scrapped but these are a highly unlikely series to scrapped when they are numbered out of 400.

What do you guys think?

I think its always a bad idea to compare a pin to a different pin in the series to look for differences. First off, I don't know specifics about either pin but always compare the pin in question to another of that pin. Only way you will find out for sure.

Bad news guys. A Hong Kong seller known for selling counterfeits has [pinpics]91500[/pinpics] for sale right now. It doesn't say it's an event pin, so to search use these terms 2012 Disney Phantom Manor 2012 Open Coffin with Skeleton Ghost LE-400 Pin for $29.99.

I would be curious to know what is on the back, since Paris LE's are individually numbered.

I kinda want to make a group on Facebook where we can post sellers and what to look out for, just looking out for each other

Bad news guys. A Hong Kong seller known for selling counterfeits has [pinpics]91500[/pinpics] for sale right now. It doesn't say it's an event pin, so to search use these terms 2012 Disney Phantom Manor 2012 Open Coffin with Skeleton Ghost LE-400 Pin for $29.99.

I would be curious to know what is on the back, since Paris LE's are individually numbered.

That is the seller I am talking about! High end scrappers/counterfeits....you never see the back, obviously....finally someone else sees what i see in my pintastic eyes. YES there are fake Paris PTN pins out there!

I have seen the seller who is selling that pin, I still say PTN Paris pins have not been scrapped, as the above pin with the coffin is a PTE which is a different to PTN pins, they are also numbered and Pin on Pin and I would say until someone buys the pin to hold off from saying it is a scrapper as thats alot of work for them to do to fake the stamp, pin on pin etc

I do not see JUST cause its coming from a Hong Kong seller (even if they sell scrappers etc) that it should automatically be deemed as such even if it is. As that would mean the WDW PTN Figment Hinged pin is a scrapper as well.. could this seller not have just got them from trading since there is a group on facebook for Japan traders now??

Plus the pin in question on ebay is not a great pin and highly valued pin so that could have easily of made it way to Hong Kong via a trade, the scrapper seller got the pin by trading scrappers and thus selling it on ebay...

Last edited:
I have seen the seller who is selling that pin, I still say PTN Paris pins have not been scrapped, as the above pin with the coffin is a PTE which is a different to PTN pins, they are also numbered and Pin on Pin and I would say until someone buys the pin to hold off from saying it is a scrapper as thats alot of work for them to do to fake the stamp, pin on pin etc

I do not see JUST cause its coming from a Hong Kong seller (even if they sell scrappers etc) that it should automatically be deemed as such even if it is. As that would mean the WDW PTN Figment Hinged pin is a scrapper as well.. could this seller not have just got them from trading since there is a group on facebook for Japan traders now??

Plus the pin in question on ebay is not a great pin and highly valued pin so that could have easily of made it way to Hong Kong via a trade, the scrapper seller got the pin by trading scrappers and thus selling it on ebay...
Unfortunately, I know someone who bought a WDW hinged pin from them. She received the pin, of excellent enamel quality and detail, however, the hinge was broken. It was a real pin, from a real factory, that probably should have been scrapped.... I wish they were a valid seller, but if it smells like ****. They have full sets of pins, before they are released in the stores. They sell multiple pins that are limited edition, for way below market value. They just happened to "trade" for 3 full sets of DSF UP! Valentine's day pins? Highly unlikely. Buyer beware....I wouldn't doubt that a lot of there pins are very like the real deal. that is the scary thing about it unfortunately. I think it is awesome that Paris individually numbers their LE pins...definitely Disney is trying to make an effort at defraying the scrapper issue, at that.

Disney have always numbered Paris LE pins and if this seller is so bad why does none of the DSF valentine pins have a scrapper warning on them??

Yes some might not be real like you say, but I say the PTE Paris pin is one of those highly Unlikely pins in my honest opinion since its numbered and pin on pin but I deal more with Paris pins and have Never seen a PTN or PTE pins scrapped

I agree that this is NOT a scrapper and that PTN Paris pins have not been scrappered. A broken hinge doesnt mean a scrapper, I have bought pins direct from Disney (LE's too) that have been broken. Accidents happen and mistakes can slip through

Also, nit all pins from HK are scrappers. I have madetrades with traders there and got great authentic pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back