• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Possible group purchasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible group purchasing?

Molly

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
It seems to me that there has to be people out there willing to help each other out, I hope I'm right. Because I was able to get the entire set of the Fairytale dolls preordered I would be more than happy to try and assist in buying the individual dolls for other collectors.

I know there is a limit per order not sure if the per household restrictions are being monitored or not. A few people have discussed the possibility of making a private group here and for the regulars this would probably be the best way to go about it. I am confident that the majority of people on this board have no interest in helping resellers get dolls at cost but it seems pretty obvious as to who collects and who resells.

Just throwing this idea out there as it gets harder and harder to get anything at cost and I would love to help if needed.

TGIF!

I would love to be a part of this. (I do have high hopes for buying the doll I want in store this time around, but it wouldn't hurt to be part of it)

I don't know if I'm considered a "regular" but I would like to think I am an active member.

As well, I'd love to help out in any way possible! I actually co-admin an At Cost Only Frozen group, and we just branched out to more princesses. We helped I think.. 5 members? Get LE Aurora for retail price. Hope that helps :)

I personally love this idea. Seeing how these releases for particular merchandise have been going lately, with the sites issues and with scalpers at an all time high, its good to know people wanna help other collectors out without asking for horrific prices.

I can't really help with the dolls :(, but if anyone wants any of the other merch (mugs, journals, etc) i can pick it up cost plus shipping at my local Disney store, as long as they have it. :)

This is a great idea but will need a lot of management, the main issues I have had with this in the past is that the other party will not have a commitment and there are trust issues too.

For starters you will get those that way they want it because they don't have to pay for it upfront then after you get it they change their mind or take over a month to pay you back.

Then you have those that will say they will help but will require payment up front which is fair but then the other person will have to trust whomever they send the money to to actually get the doll which is not always easy.

then you have the added cost because they will ship it to them first and then to you or will have to ship it to you (if buying from a store).

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that unlike with pins dolls are a lot bigger and more expensive and as much as this would work in a perfect world unfortunately one party will always get burned with the other taking advantage of them unless of course they know each other well.

Unfortunately unless you you have a lot of money and are willing to buy as many dolls in te hope that someone will want it then it will be hard to do something like this. I mean you can guarantee that someone will buy the doll from you at cost but you cannot guarantee that an agreement made with one party will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back