• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Princess Shoes FAKES - Side by side comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Shoes FAKES - Side by side comparison

BugCatcherJenna

It doesnt have to be a snowman
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I think I have stumbled across some fakes... Please comment your opinion. :)

The seller has 16877 POSITIVE feedback, 50 NEUTRAL, and 39 NEGATIVE! (yes a lot of those are people commenting that the pins they received were FAKE! :( Wow!) If you would like to know the seller please PM me.

Big Images taken from the sellers ebay listings... compared to the smaller images which are taken from pin pics.
(If you have a better scanned image of the REAL pins please submit them to this thread so we all may see.)

$T2eC16dHJH8E9qSEW87CBQhp8l2BD!~~60_12.JPG
pin90879

Yellow is much brighter, a part of the dark purple is bleeding into a light purple strip above the heel, rough edges.
$(KGrHqZHJC4FCFeBRLt2BQhp-dTl4!~~60_12.JPG
pin90881

Completely different shades of green, and the tan-ish color, rough edges, the blue dots are bleeding into the tan.
$T2eC16FHJHoE9n3Kd5biBQhp2UMkKQ~~60_12.JPG
pin90876

Yellow color is much too bright, rough edges, the middle "sole" of the shoe looks a bit off to me...
$(KGrHqRHJDYFCDTOHUknBQhq!u3)uQ~~60_12.JPG
pin90880

Yellow is much too bright, Rough edges
$(KGrHqZHJEkFB,eqsk2EBQhp6pDzEg~~60_12.JPG
pin90878

Completely different shades of colors, the heel looks very dull, and not glossy to me, rough edges.
$(KGrHqNHJCcFBoLhPPYfBQhp4WIJdg~~60_12.JPG
pin90877

Rough edges, Colors are off, Rough edges, Heart on the top looks a bit thicker than the on shown on the right.
$(KGrHqJHJE8FBzeRNziUBQhpz6Wn6g~~60_12.JPG
pin90875

Colors are wrong, rough edges

$(KGrHqZ,!o4FB+OQzWDtBQf0nm3t0Q~~60_57.JPG

and finally, an image of the whole real set.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for posting these pics. These are definitely one of those sets that people should just buy from the parks rather than trying to save a few bucks and heading for the bay. It's just so sad. These pins are soooo cute!!

Thanks so much for posting these pics. These are definitely one of those sets that people should just buy from the parks rather than trying to save a few bucks and heading for the bay. It's just so sad. These pins are soooo cute!!
Indeed... I think I am going to try and trade for these thought because I really only want the Rapunzel one.

I'd like the name of the seller...would you PM it to me please?
Of course. PM sent!

I managed to purchase the set today at WDW DTD. I am really blown away by how large, and how well done these shoes are. In comparing them to the scrappers, it breaks my heart to see the injustice the scrappers do to the pins themselves. If you can find them in the parks, do yourself a favor and pick them up. You will not regret it! Plus, the set is currently priced at the old pricing (29.99) instead of the new higher price (32.99).

I managed to purchase the set today at WDW DTD. I am really blown away by how large, and how well done these shoes are. In comparing them to the scrappers, it breaks my heart to see the injustice the scrappers do to the pins themselves. If you can find them in the parks, do yourself a favor and pick them up. You will not regret it! Plus, the set is currently priced at the old pricing (29.99) instead of the new higher price (32.99).

I have yet to see them in person, hopefully I can make a trade for one soon!! :)

yeah. back a month or two ago. several of us DPF folks email bombed a person selling obvious fakes/scrap or counterfiets of this set.

Be aware everyone though...!!!!! DTD pin store at DLR had the packs on the shelf last week! I bought one myself!.

Be sure when you buy the package you check carefully. A few of the shoes in the disney packages at the store had slight underfill. I checked 3 packs before i was happy.

I bought about 5 pins of that seller and 4 were bad. I got the normal excuse "I bought them from an estate"! I would never buy from this seller again.

I bought about 5 pins of that seller and 4 were bad. I got the normal excuse "I bought them from an estate"! I would never buy from this seller again.

"They bought them from an estate" lol! When did they do that? two days ago? These pins just came out... LOL

Their facebook page shows images from yeah, a large collection of pins... but it was uploaded on March 29th. They also claim that they "trade at the parks", but they live in Texas? I LIVE IN TEXAS, AND THERE IS SURE NO DISNEY WORLD HERE!

Would anyone be willing to pick up a couple of sets of the shoes for me? I'd like to give one to my MIL as a Christmas present & the other is for our collection. We're going to WDW/cruise on the Dream in January of 2013, so I'd be happy to return the favor on any new releases. I'd also pay for shipping/packaging & would be ever so grateful!!

Ugh ... a bad TX seller ?? Makes me so sad :( What an embarassement for our state. I would like to know the seller's name. Can you PM me too please ?

Also, if I can get an extra set during my trip next week, I will break it and offer it here for sale at my cost (which will be a wee bit lower than the face value thanks to AP discount) when I am back. That way, people who want only one certain princess can get it safely w/o the fears of scrappers.

Hi, thanks for posting the pictures. I am looking them up daily on ebay and found a hand full of bad sellers. I kept them in my fav seller lists with notes that they are fake. I will never buy from them again. But I also found a couple of good sellers as well. I don't live close to the parks. But I found a kind person here who offered to buy them for me and I picked up her offer.

Ugh ... a bad TX seller ?? Makes me so sad :( What an embarassement for our state. I would like to know the seller's name. Can you PM me too please ?

Also, if I can get an extra set during my trip next week, I will break it and offer it here for sale at my cost (which will be a wee bit lower than the face value thanks to AP discount) when I am back. That way, people who want only one certain princess can get it safely w/o the fears of scrappers.

Our state is crying! Haha! I am sending you a PM.

Hi, thanks for posting the pictures. I am looking them up daily on ebay and found a hand full of bad sellers. I kept them in my fav seller lists with notes that they are fake. I will never buy from them again. But I also found a couple of good sellers as well. I don't live close to the parks. But I found a kind person here who offered to buy them for me and I picked up her offer.

That is very nice of them! I wish there was a "block sellers" option.. :/

I agree the ones in the pics look fake, but by the edges....I am a photographer and I know it is SO HARD to capture true tints for so many reasons (external lighting, etc) So I would not go JUST by the color per say, but those edges SCREAM "Hi! Im not "real!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back