• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTD Scrapper pins found on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTD Scrapper pins found on Ebay

Relwolf91

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am a new member to this forum but I just wanted to warn all of you that there are a lot of scrapper PTD's being sold on ebay. I was looking to buy an honest john PTD because someone was offering it for only 18 dollars on ebay. I was about to make the purchase until I saw the back of the pin. The pin's waffle print had a border, the legit pins ice cream cone waffle print should fall all the way off the pin and there should not be a visible border. I will post two pictures explaining this. This upsets me because I thought PTD's were not being scrapped. Before buying a PTD off someone on ebay, make sure to request a picture of the back as well!

Also note: even the scrapper pins have their own artist proof even though its fake.

Fake PTD back
$_57.JPG

Real PTD Back
$_57.JPG

Actually, there's a trend in certain brands like WDI and DSF where they purposefully made the backstamp so it's centered in the middle and doesn't run off the edge. It can be confusing since this is a common sign of scrappers in other pins (like park pins, vinylmation, etc), but I believe (if someone who regularly gets PTDs straight from the store could attest) that the majority of PTDs are made with the backstamp that doesn't go to the edge.

I have wondered if they make them with borders because the design of the waffle pattern is raised instead of embossed (which might make a funny edge otherwise), but that's just a guess.

Last edited:
Actually, there's a trend in certain brands like WDI and DSF where they purposefully made the backstamp so it's centered in the middle and doesn't run off the edge. It can be confusing since this is a common sign of scrappers in other pins (like park pins, vinylmation, etc), but I believe (if someone who regularly gets PTDs straight from the store could attest) that the majority of PTDs are made with the backstamp that doesn't go to the edge.

Also to add to this in recent memory only the Anna ptd has a scrapper, and of the Oooooh destination PTDS only the think holding a cherry has a scrapper version.

This seems to get brought up every couple of months as claimed scrappers. Neither of those pins in the photos are scrappers. As the others above have said, the reverse borders on DSF and WDI pins are normal. I know I get paranoid about scrapper pins myself, but I know this much to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back