• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTDs ARE BACK! GSF/DSS Pin Trader Sundae thread. Blue Fairy/DoDo/Anastasia/Archimedes

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTDs ARE BACK! GSF/DSS Pin Trader Sundae thread. Blue Fairy/DoDo/Anastasia/Archimedes
People are allegedly going to "camp out" (GSF doesn't allow, but it won't stop people). This is going to be crazy~

Oh my gawd. If someone could even get one at price or a reasonable price for me, I would be blessed. O-O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They released Olaf fifteen minutes before cutoff time on Pin Trading Night, right after WALL-E. My friend and I were inside when they brought out Olaf. We took one look at each other and fled the store. Luckily we were both able to get WALL-Es for ourselves.

This has the great potential to be very, very ugly in the morning. I wouldn't be surprised if more than 500 people show up throughout the night. I really feel for the employees tomorrow morning. They will need hazard pay.

10446504_10152465694471294_7936764444576774316_n.jpg

Credit goes to Mayumi on FB~

He's GLORIOUS!!!!! Ahhh!!! He's so cute!! Probably one of the best PTDs this year!

I couldn't care less about Olaf. I'm throwing all my money at the screen for WALL-E, dammit!

Dr.-Who.gif

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

...and y'all know that means EVE is coming soon! >_<

Man, I completely missed Kronk #2! If anyone has one to spare, I'll be looking to trade for it. I have the recent UK 20th Anniversary Lion King pin for trade :).

I do not envy the staff that have to deal with the stampede for Olaf, dearie me...

Update on the line- apparently people are cutting in line "meeting friends" and all, it's an unofficial line and not held by DSSH so things are probably going to get ugly fast.

I just hope everyone stays safe! I honestly expected more in line :eek:

Well there's probably no point now, no idea how many went last night but one the line hits 200 in the middle of the night it'll double by opening...it usually does lol..

And there's already a few on ebay for about 200$.

I'm sorry to all the real collectors/traders that want one...

And there's already a few on ebay for about 200$.

Aside from the fact that most of us have come to expect this from any Frozen pin released, I personally find the current eBay listings hysterical/disappointing/disturbing considering that the Olaf PTD is a higher edition size than, hmmm, any other Frozen pin that is not open edition.* Seriously? I expect the asking prices to be high, but sometimes people have no perspective ... (or grip on reality, for that matter.)

EDIT: * OK, not the PTNs, which were 750. But even those have stayed, for the most part, in the reasonably overpriced range. :p

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that most of us have come to expect this from any Frozen pin released, I personally find the current eBay listings hysterical/disappointing/disturbing considering that the Olaf PTD is a higher edition size than, hmmm, any other Frozen pin that is not open edition.* Seriously? I expect the asking prices to be high, but sometimes people have no perspective ... (or grip on reality, for that matter.)

EDIT: * OK, not the PTNs, which were 750. But even those have stayed, for the most part, in the reasonably overpriced range. :p

That's why I mentioned it, I was originally just curious to see how many were on ebay yet.

Is it just me or...is this totally insane?? It doesn't even seem fun anymore to try and get these lil' guys. I've seen SO MANY people pre-selling on various facebook pin pages with outrageous prices. Yes, I understand that selling higher is to make up for time lost, gas spent, etc...but isn't it still only to make money, and not about helping people out? Leave them there if you don't want them. Trading seems to be an old fashioned notion sometimes and I get really frustrated when I can't ever seem to get good pins to trade; it feels like an uphill battle. I REALLY HOPE people that truly want the Olaf for their collection, for trades, or for friends get them...but I just can't stand the scalpers anymore, especially those who shrug off those who love this hobby, and not the business.

Sorry for the rant...I just wish the business side of it wasn't so prominent.

...and I'm mad I couldn't get a Wall-e PTD... :sigh: haha

Is it just me or...is this totally insane?? It doesn't even seem fun anymore to try and get these lil' guys. I've seen SO MANY people pre-selling on various facebook pin pages with outrageous prices. Yes, I understand that selling higher is to make up for time lost, gas spent, etc...but isn't it still only to make money, and not about helping people out? Leave them there if you don't want them. Trading seems to be an old fashioned notion sometimes and I get really frustrated when I can't ever seem to get good pins to trade; it feels like an uphill battle. I REALLY HOPE people that truly want the Olaf for their collection, for trades, or for friends get them...but I just can't stand the scalpers anymore, especially those who shrug off those who love this hobby, and not the business.

Sorry for the rant...I just wish the business side of it wasn't so prominent.

...and I'm mad I couldn't get a Wall-e PTD... :sigh: haha
I completely agree. PTD pins are not fun anymore at all. If a PTD flips to something we collect, it starts the nervous constant refreshing of FB and wondering how much I'm going to have to fork over to get it.

So sad :(

I think it's the current hype over any PTD that is driving the price up so much. For some people it seems that PTD's are the only pins that matter. For me, I would much rather have one of the new WDI Olaf at Disneyland pins where there is some element of creativity, etc but the majority go crazy for any character standing next to ice cream lately!

I really wish they would blind bag the PTDs, mix up 3 or four designs at a time, and then give them out...that might stop an INSANE push for favorite characters at random times. Might discourage some of the scalpers too? Plus it would be kinda fun to see what you got at random.

I really wish they would blind bag the PTDs, mix up 3 or four designs at a time, and then give them out...that might stop an INSANE push for favorite characters at random times. Might discourage some of the scalpers too? Plus it would be kinda fun to see what you got at random.

markheardjr had that idea about 1 year (or so) ago. Even though DSSH/GSF says they don't like the crowds, I think there are people there that do, especially towards the end of the month...

I think this would just encourage more chaos. Instead of going by themselves, scalpers would be sure to bring a dozen people because they wanted to be sure to get the popular pin of the day. They would also come every day instead of on just the days the popular characters were released.

Great Idea!

My question is: Why release Wall-E and Olaf back to back on a GSF/DSS trading night? Did the manager not think this wouldn't start a frenzy? The past few weeks have had Tuesday night releases that have caused the CMs to stay late and deal with a large crowd in line. This week they enforced the 9:30 cut off of PTDs sales but then everyone just took a step back out the doors and spent the night in the alley.

This is a great idea!

The OE Olaf pin is bigger/better quality than the PTD, and it's 95% cheaper. Why not just be happy with the OE pin? Anytime there is a limited supply and high demand, price will skyrocket. I've never sold a pin. It's just Econ 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back