• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTDs ARE BACK! GSF/DSS Pin Trader Sundae thread. Blue Fairy/DoDo/Anastasia/Archimedes

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTDs ARE BACK! GSF/DSS Pin Trader Sundae thread. Blue Fairy/DoDo/Anastasia/Archimedes
Just called and Sandra said they're currently sold out of Eve. no more PTDs currently

It's hard to photograph, but it looks like this:
DSF_JessicaMirror.jpg

Jessica is a pin-on-pin, there's a 'reflection' of her printed on a shiny piece of mylar sticker that's applied to the pin where the mirror is.
It's actually kind of a neat affect...

Printed on, eh? That could be a scratch nightmare.

I think if they were LE 1000 not many people would want them + the old ones would go up hugely in value + we don't get to see a new one each day :(

I would still want them. :) I only collect the ones of characters I love. I don't care if they're LE300 or LE 5000. It would just make them a tad more attainable, which is great for me.

I think if they were LE 1000 not many people would want them + the old ones would go up hugely in value + we don't get to see a new one each day :(

I'll respectfully disagree.

It is ultimately the pin design, character and execution not LE that drives the value of the pin. While smaller lots do give a pin a bonus, there are plenty of older LE1000 pins that are on peoples "must have" lists and are now just as hard to get as some LE 100 series pins. And an earlier poster got it right, unless you're just "retailing" pins, who cares what it ultimately goes for later. Maybe it's past time to do something for the bulk of the Disney Pin collectors rather than a small number of lucky secondary marker sellers who happen to live in Southern California.

It is ultimately the pin design, character and execution not LE that drives the value of the pin.

I definitely agree that the pin's beauty is what drives people to want the pin, hence why so many LE100's aren't doing as well as LE300 and LE500 PTDs.

That being said, the edition size of a nice pin does determine it's monetary value. Hence why the grail LE100's all sell for hundreds, because more than 100 people want them, but only 100 can get them, causing competition which wouldn't happen if the pin was LE1000 and those same 300 still wanted it.

Changes have been made to the July releases - Jessica release is now at 9am and the Summer set has been moved from Saturday to Friday.

10380569_778738038844301_3240510398222964912_o.jpg

I'm surprised no one's posted this yet.

10525660_782187438499361_7889443898211947473_n.jpg

Surprise pin released last night for the first official pin trading night at DSF.

I'm hoping there's a surprise release this Saturday, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back