• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question About Disney Store Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question About Disney Store Order

caligirlUCR

Active DPF Member
Rating - 99.2%
234   2   1
I ordered
Pin 80514: DisneyStore.com - Jumbo Chip and Dale as Captain Hook and Mr. Smee (Error)

I recieved it in the mail today but is there any possible way this pin could be fake?? The reason I ask is because it is not glossy like the other ds pins . . . and I can see a lot of brush stokes - which I have always been told means they are fake. Does anyone else have this pin? Is yours glossy??

I received this pin in my order last week and mine looks glossy. I can't see anything else that might be wrong with it, the brush strokes are pretty even. A while back however I did order the Pascal pin and it looked like the paint might have been a little uneven. I thought I read in another thread that sometimes DS.com pins arrive in less than perfect condition, which stinks!

I once ordered a Stitch pin the first week it came out and it was just like that! I called, complained about the poor quality, and received a new one (I was told to donate the below standard one, which I just threw into my Salvation Army bag). It's most likely quality control. As much as it sucks, it happens. :(

I have gotten 2 pins that were way less than good.
got credit for one, returned the other. its just bad luck that the bad pins get thru and you get one.

Just explain the problem to them if they still have it they will send you a new one immediately They have been great with me when I have had a problem with something they shipped me. In one of my orders at christmas I ordered 4 pins sets and when I got the box only three were there. I called an they shipped me the missing set immediately. Good Luck

Good luck with your order, yes most pin runs are not 100% when it comes to quality. Every pin is touched by at least four hands before its finished in the factory, you get someone who is lazy at the buffing stage you are going to have problems with brush strokes, etc. Disney does not look at every pin that comes in for quality, I could go on and on. I hope it works out you are a super nice person.

We have had several direct from Disney that have come that way -- most recently, the pumpkin series pins. We ordered our first set the day they came out, so it was just impossible for someone to have switched them. Some of them were glossy and some of them were very dull and had apparent brush strokes across the entire pin. We had the same problem with the masquerade set. I think this is just a quality control issue at Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back