• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about pricing/scalping on LE dolls - re: D23 red Jasmine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about pricing/scalping on LE dolls - re: D23 red Jasmine

Goldeneyez

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm new to this, having just started collecting with the Designer Fairytale princesses that I love (Belle, Tiana, Pocahontas, Mulan) about a year ago, and I just ordered Blue Jasmine with plans to add 17" LE Ariel and coronation Anna some day :). I'm interested in red Jasmine but would appreciate some input on timing of purchase since I'm restricted to eBay at this point.

I've noticed that there are about 40 sold red Jasmines on eBay (selling around $900-1100) and about 50 listed per sale. I just missed a chance to get her for a $700 buy-it-now before the seller took down the posting and reposted for $1000, LOL. With these small editions, do the prices just keep going up? Is it better to buy early, even though so many (about 1/5 of the lot) are on sale? I don't know if she'll ever command Alice-type prices (one just sold for $3800!), but there's a limit to how much I will spend.

Thanks!

G.

Everybody is buying right now because of the hype, but if you wait, prices will go down. Everybody will get hyped about the new frozen stuff coming out, is what I'm thinking. Prices already started going down, they were $1200, and now I'm seeing some for 8-900.

Yes, I'd wait also. :) I've been looking at prices on the UK eBay, I've see a few in the last couple of hours in the £600-£700 (including shipping) price range. So I think she will continue to go down.

Last edited:
There's one that finally reached $700 bin. I think if you're patient, it'll come down to $500-600 within a week.

Prices dropping depends on several factors:
1. How long those who bought can sit on it. Those sorcerer ticket holders can afford to sit on it (heck, they paid $2000 for their tickets and still had to camp out.) Assuming each sorcerer ticket holder got one, that's 300 of those gone and 200 to others.
2. How many dolls went to people who were going to resell versus to save for their collection. Let's assume that 250 are for resale and 250 went to a collection. That means that there's only 250 out there that can be bought by others.
3. How many Heirloom Doll completists there are? I think that's what they are called (the 17" limited edition dolls not based on a live action movie)

While we did see the Wedding Cinderella Live Action drop from $2300 in its heyday to about $1100 now (originally $500 + tax retail), many people don't consider this to be an heirloom doll as it is based on the live action movie. So those #3 people wouldn't miss the Wedding Cinderella doll in their collection.

Those are just my thoughts.

i think she will stay around $700 and some will never drop their price because they don't need to money. i am going to buy her maybe next year because now i am saving for a potential harrods set aladdin dolls and frozen fever after that i am broke lol

Isn't that sad that nearly 20% of the dolls made went to scalpers... And that's only EBay.

I would think tat most of the same people are posting on social media too. A lot of sellers sell on both (sometimes on social media, at a discounted rate so that they don't have to pay eBay fees).

I would think tat most of the same people are posting on social media too. A lot of sellers sell on both (sometimes on social media, at a discounted rate so that they don't have to pay eBay fees).

On FB some guy is trading his D23 Jasmine and Helsa set for a Coronation Anna.

There were a few similar trades when Wedding Cinderella was released in March; newer collectors who missed out on earlier "grail" dolls were offering to trade her for Snow White, Snow Queen Elsa, and a few of the other more expensive dolls to find. If anything I'd bet they will only become more and more common if Disney keeps making LE 500 dolls. :)

Last edited:
LOl sounds like dolls are like pins huh? Yeh sorry guys I'm one of the folks who managed to get dolls because I stood for HOURS to get pins. Pins that by the time I got in the darn store were sold out. I do feel kinda good I stayed far below ebay pricing cause I know what its like for a collector to be at the mercy of people who went to a store or event. So chin up--I hope you will stumble upon someone like me. Hey try various FB doll pages, people come down on pricing if they don't have to pay listing fees nor paypal fees.

I'm wondering if anyone could offer some advice on trading for the upcoming LE Frozen Fever Elsa. I have the Anna and Kristoff from this past spring that I'd be willing to trade, plus a couple of other Frozen items I could offer as incentive, but does anyone here think that someone would be willing to trade the Elsa for one or both of the other dolls? I just wanna get some input 'cause if that seems like someone would go for it, I'd gladly do it.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone could offer some advice on trading for the upcoming LE Frozen Fever Elsa. I have the Anna and Kristoff from this past spring that I'd be willing to trade, plus a couple of other Frozen items I could offer as incentive, but does anyone here think that someone would be willing to trade the Elsa for one or both of the other dolls? I just wanna get some input 'cause if that seems like someone would go for it, I'd gladly do it.

You should be able to buy yours at retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back