• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about this pin??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about this pin??

tiggermickey

DPF Nut
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
1591   0   0
Hi Everyone
I was updating my traders/wants and this pin was on the "Whats New"page..

pin82700

Pin 82700: Mickey Mouse Policeman
Lion's Club pin of Mickey Mouse Policeman with whistle directing traffic. Lion's club logo appears on right shoe.

I wanted to add it to my want list as I collect Mickeys and Larry used to be a Police Officer,and was Military Police in the USAF!!So I wanted to start collecting those

Theres a discussion going on saying these are "Unauthorized"Pins

What do you guys think??I am going to start collecting these(Policemen)pins as I wanna get a frame and add Larrys picture in his military uniform ....

Judy

Hey Judy,
I think what people dont understand is that Walt Disney himself gave permission for the Lions to produce materials and merchandise.
Just because something does not have the Disney Logo on the back does not mean it is not licensed or that they have copyright permission.
I personally believe this is an AUTHORIZED pin.

In my business, we manufacture a number of products and many of which other companies make and are trademarked. We get special permission and pay a royality and are able to produce our own in our own factory. This is the same set-up but Walt believed in the Lions and did not charge royalities and permission was granted because they are a NON- PROFIT type of organization,

Just my opinion, not a fact people......

Hi Dan
I feel its a tradable pin as well,but the discussion and catagory says otherwise,thats why I wanted everyones opinion

Judy

If it is something you like, hey, why not? As Dan said, they probably had permission from Uncle Walt, but the process was done on their budget. With this, I mean to say that the Lions Club produces pins on an enormous scale, but sought to produce pins for their chapters with their own money. Knowing a LC member who designs pins, it is not easy, but each and every pin means something very valuable to each member. Disney Lions Club represent the hearts and good will of those members who look to improve this imperfect world, and for those few individuals such as yourself, may mean a bit more. Collect with happiness and pride, especially with Disney Lions Club pins. P.S. If you ever come across the Horned King Lions Club pin, pm me!!!

Judy, I had a rather large multi-pin trade about a year back, which included a few Lions firefighter pins. Although they may not be an "authorized" pin in the sense that you can trade it at the parks, I don't think of it as a bootleg like some factory in China may make to gain a buck. I'm all for them being tradable. If not for putting a little trust into a trader, I would have never received those pins, someone else may not have that kind of luck.

Plus if its for your personal collection and not to trade on I personally don't see that it matters too much whether its "official" or not. Bottom line is you like it and want to keep it and that's what matters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back