• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Questions about buying limited edition pins in ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions about buying limited edition pins in ebay.

Micahhir

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm still new to pin trading and have an interest in purchasing the Carl and Ellie love is an adventure 6 pin set. I've been scanning through ebay and found a few sellers with the RSP for the pin set. Do you think ebay has trustworthy sellers for exclusive pins like these?

Well, I certainly hope so! I've bought almost all of my limited edition pins off of eBay, mostly because I only collect a very specific set of characters and I generally don't keep trader pins. I've also purchased pins from members here, which is probably a little more trustworthy (one would hope!) but of course, there's not always the same variety/availability as there is on eBay.
I'm pretty new to it as well, so I'm sure there are others here who can give better advice, but maybe check the threads comparing pins and talking about scrappers here on the forum to see if the pins you're interested in have known counterfeits floating around out there, and also check pinpics.com for the same info. And of course it's always a good idea to check the seller's feedback score, and see if they've sold lots of Disney pins before. It's also wise not to buy anything out of Hong Kong or similar, since that's where a lot of scrapper pins come from.
Sorry if this isn't helpful and/or info you already know. Like I said, I'm sure other folks on here can offer better advice. Good luck! :)

From what I've seen, they all say they got it from RSP and there's like 5 of them selling it from a price range of 200-250

Definitely check their seller feedback ratings and ask to see more pictures of the pin if possible. Always get a picture of the back of the pin and check for scrapper details. I've bought a few off eBay but only making sure the pin checks out completely.

I would take a look through their 'sold' listings - if they're selling the same low-LE pins over and over, then they probably deal in counterfeits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back