Ralph Breaks the Internet - Is there a Villain?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Nov 24, 2018.

1. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

Who is it, if any?? THANKS.

2. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

No. Per IMDB "In July 2018, producer Clark Spencer, stated that there is no main antagonist in the film, for the first time since Winnie the Pooh (2011)."

3. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0

There is no villain. It's a man vs self conflict story. There is a conflict, just no villain.

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    518   0   0

So I watched it and thought that WIR was much better than WIR2.

DoReMarie likes this.
  5. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I concur.

6. Justin_Bieber

Justin_Bieber Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

the villian is the comment section

timeerkat and FoolishMortal71 like this.
  7. Buffy6

Buffy6 Active Member

0   0   0

Yeah, I just got back from watching it a little bit ago, I think the second one was better. I liked how everyone else left the theater, and I was the only one that knew there was something all the way at the end of the credits. lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krand1276 and FoolishMortal71 like this.
  8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    518   0   0

My group stuck around for both end credit scenes :D 1/3 thought WIR 2 was better.

9. chubs191

Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0

Did the person who thought it was better cry? I feel like everyone I talked to who said it was better cried during this one. Everyone who didn't, didn't cry. I was totally in the crying party. Can we get a poll going... for science?
    [​IMG]

10. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    518   0   0

No crying at all from the person who thought it was better than WIR.

Sis & I thought WIR was better than WIR 2 / RBTI.

Maybe it's cuz I thought it was predictable (the ending).

11. chubs191

Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0

The theme really resonated with me. I can nitpick it all day, because there's some world-building flaws that were overlooked (like Slaughter Race being the only game in the gaming district). I didn't really care for Ralph or Vanellope as characters in the first one, they were going through that standard 3-act-story. It was the world(s) that compelled me through that story. This one made me care a lot more for them.
    It doesn't hurt that Ralph's story arc basically the same one that Triton goes through in the Little Mermaid.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  12. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I thought WIR was better (for too many reasons I won't go into here), didn't cry at WIR2.

13. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

My husband and I do that too. We're always the last two in the theater and the employees are always patiently waiting for us to leave so they can clean. It's kind of sad when we spend that time and there's no bit at the end. We also like seeing the list of names of the babies that were born during the production time.

Thank you for letting me know our wait through the credits won't be for nothing! Super excited to see it!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  14. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    262   0   0

Me too! And there was a Tessa in this bunch! :)

I didn't cry (but I have a difficult time crying at most movies), and I liked the first one slightly more than WiR2.

15. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

There was a lady behind us that let out a loud sob and everyone started laughing and you heard you start laughing too and she said "sorry" but then looking around you could see everyone else was crying too. For "science" and the record, I did tear up but didn't full on cry like Toy Story 3 or UP or The Princess and the Frog.