• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ranking the limited edition Disney store dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be based so much on personal taste, of course. That wouldn't be my ranking (though I would put SQ Elsa first, too). That person's list is missing some dolls, especially recent releases. Still, I always enjoy seeing pics of the dolls :)

Well, it really varies among different people. For me, I think Alice should be 1st. But it is good to see someone giving a ranking list based his/her interest.

Yeah it's going to vary but I feel as though dolls should be ranked by category such as the 17" dolls and the designers, since they seem like two different paying fields. For me, Snow White or Alice should be #1. :p

I definitely don't agree with their rating. And I also wouldn't say SQ Elsa is the closest likeness to the character. Don't get me wrong, I own the doll and I love her, but I definitely don't think she's most similar to the character (honestly for likeness I think Tiana is probably best).

Why don't we all rate our favorites on here? Best to worst based on out personal opinions? It'd be cool to see, I think. I'll start. (I'm just gonna do the 17" LEs, but others feel free to include the designers!)

1. Ball Gown Cinderella
2. Coronation Anna
3. Purple Rapunzel
4. Snow Queen Elsa
5. Mother Gothel
6. Coronation Elsa
7. Snow Gear Anna
8. Tiana
9. Pink/Blue Aurora
10. Epilogue Anna
11. Wedding Rapunzel
12. Wedding Cinderella
13. Merida
12. Alice
13. Kristoff
14. Ariel
15. Queen of Hearts
16. Ursula
17. Belle
18. Prince Eric
19. Lady Tremaine
20. Prince Phillip
21. Cinderella

Again, totally based on my preference!

My ranking :)

1. Snow White
2. Alice
3. Purple Rapunzel
4. Blue Aurora
5. Ball Gown Cinderella
6. Snow Queen Elsa
7. Epilogue Anna
8. Tiana
9. Belle
10. Coronation Anna
11. Coronation Elsa
12. Prince Phillip
13. Mother Gothel
14. Nordic Anna
15. Pink Aurora
16. Ursula
17. Wedding Rapunzel
18. Maleficent
19. Wedding Cinderella
20. Prince Eric
21. Kristoff
22. Ariel
23. Queen of Hearts
24. Merida/Elinor
25. Animated Cinderella
26. Kristoff
27. Lady Tremaine
28. Regal Elsa
29. Merida

Last edited:
1. Blue/pink Aurora
2.Sq elsa
3.Ball gown Cinderella
4. Maleficent
5.Coronation elsa
6. Nordic Anna
7. Snow White
8.Epilogue Anna
9. Phillip
10. Purple Rapunzel
11.coronation Anna
12.Merida
13. Ursula
14.wedding Rapunzel
15. Wedding Cinderella
16.Tiana
17.Mother Gothel
18. Belle
19. Merida/Elinor
20.Lady Tremaine
21. Regal Elsa
22.Ariel
23. Alice
24. Cinderella 2012
25. Kristoff
26. Queen of Hearts
27. Eric

Agreed. Ranking lists like these are always going to be subjective, and also it's perhaps not quite a fair comparison to include both the tall LE dolls with the Designer dolls, as the Designer dolls in general are designed and made with slightly lesser materials and techniques compared to the LE dolls (especially the 2011 Designer dolls which utilize a lot of plain satin and no embroidery).

Mixing up both the 17" and the Designers makes things confusing.

I also have to disagree with some of her placements. Tiana as #2 is strange to me, because I don't like the face mold and I can't shake away that her hair reminds me of those jewish payot sideburns. I don't think Merida should be anywhere near that high. And seriously? Animated Cinderella over PURPLE RAPUNZEL and CORONATION ELSA?!? And I know how much people love the normal Designer line, but most of the 17" dolls are far superior.

Even with personal opinion slanting things this way and that, the order of that list seemed completely arbitrary to me - especially since the author only gave their reasoning for, like, five out of a list of over forty. Not overly impressed.

As for the lists people are posting here, I find it very interesting that LA blue Cinderella ranks so high on all of them (surpassing wedding Cinderella even). I passed on her personally, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I really am missing out not seeing her in person!

Even with personal opinion slanting things this way and that, the order of that list seemed completely arbitrary to me - especially since the author only gave their reasoning for, like, five out of a list of over forty. Not overly impressed.

As for the lists people are posting here, I find it very interesting that LA blue Cinderella ranks so high on all of them (surpassing wedding Cinderella even). I passed on her personally, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I really am missing out not seeing her in person!
I know some won't agree, but maybe the reason why Ball gown Cinderella ranks higher than Wedding Cinderella is because, more people have seen Ball gown Cinderella with their own eyes, wheres most only have seen the wedding one in pictures (considering the fact that less than 500 people own the wedding cinderella), which makes it hard to compare those two.
I have only seen the wedding one in person (since that's the one I own), so I would rank it higher than the ball gown, due to the fact that I've only seen it on pictures.

My ranking of the 17" (excluding the male dolls & villains - since I only own Maleficent among those, so I don't really have an opinion)

1. Purple Rapunzel
2. Wedding Cinderella
3. Tiana
4. Snow Queen Elsa
5. Coronation Anna
6. Snow White
7. Ariel
8. Alice
9. Nordic Anna
10. Wedding Rapunzel
11. Epilogue Anna
12. Ball gown Cinderella
13. Aurora
14. Coronation Elsa
15. Regal Elsa
16. Belle
17. Classic Cinderella
18. Merida/Elinor

Heh, this isn't an official Buzzfeed ranking done by their actual staff or anything. A fun feature of Buzzfeed is that LITERALLY ANYONE with an Internet connection can create lists like this, as this person has done. You'll see at the top of the article that it was compiled by a "community member".

If you want to make your own list ranking the dolls you can. And by "you" I mean any of you reading this right now! You just have to sign up for an account.

I hope the person who made this list doesn't read here because it was poorly done. Not because of their rankings (which is entirely subjective) but because of the lack of explanations for this person's choices. Most of it was just taking pictures of the dolls (some of which were edited to look awful) and putting numbers by them. What the heck. If you're going to make a list like this and upload it to hosting on Buzzfeed, at least put some effort into it!

the frozen dolls. all are amazing...so is alice, rapunzel and snow white. The other ones are just very good...but not amazing...imho

My ranking of the 17"
1. Coronation Anna
2. Nordic Anna
3. Snow Queen Elsa
4. Ball gown Cinderella
5. Coronation Elsa
6. Regal Elsa
7. Epilogue Anna
8.Tiana
9. Purple Rapunzel
10. Wedding Rapunzel
11. Wedding Cinderella
12. Snow White
13. Ariel
14. Alice
15. Belle
16. Merida/Elinor
17. Aurora
18.Mother Gothel
19. Prince Phillip
20. Eric
21. Classic Cinderella
P.s.: I love Disney LE Frozen dolls so much but I have no Disney Frozen LE doll yet. Everything is still ahead!

Last edited:
I love seeing everyone's rankings, most people's will always be different. I think all the dolls are lovely and someone's least favourite will be someone else's favourite. It seems lately a lot of people seem to love the the purple Rapunzel and her price as gone up wereas a few years back when I got her her price was lower and a lot of people didn't like her, I think she has one of the nicer outfits but her face and lashes are awful. Aurora's outfit reminds me a lot of Rapunzels in terms of quality and embroidery but I think overall Aurora is nicer. Alice is always at the top of most people's lists wereas I have never been a big fan of her doll. Glad to see ballgown Cinderella getting more love as she is stunning in person, would highly reccomend if you haven't picked her up then get her before her price goes up.

Yes, I SO agree about Ball Gown Cinderella. The second I got her she surpassed SQ Elsa as my favorite doll I own. I know all the focus was on Wedding Cinderellla, but to be honest I really thing Ball Gown Ella was even prettier!

Yes, I SO agree about Ball Gown Cinderella. The second I got her she surpassed SQ Elsa as my favorite doll I own. I know all the focus was on Wedding Cinderellla, but to be honest I really thing Ball Gown Ella was even prettier!

She is easily my favorite of the two LA Cinderellas as well. :) And to be honest, I really think Disney put more effort into her doll than Wedding Cinderella-little details like making her glass slipper appear front and center even without deboxing was such an incredible touch! I also absolutely love the glitter and the sheen to her face (after watching the movie it totally makes sense) and her dress is so beautiful and spot on with the one in the movie. :) I don't know if she's my favorite since she is so different from the animated dolls it's difficult to compare them, but she is certainly one of the best Disney has made and well worth owning.

Hi!
Well I have never really like these 17" dolls, there too expensive for what they are.
-A singing doll with a "better" dress.
-Average articulation
-So-so boxing
-Drag Queen Makeup
-Horrible Hair Styles (epsecialy for the guys)
-They either have too much detials or are to simple.
-Those vulgar eyelashes
-That "shinny" skin that makes them look sweety.

I only like Snow White and Tiana honestly, the Worst are all the males, Calhoun, Frozen, Tangled and Cinderella (live action) ones.

I've never understand the fuzz for these overpriced dolls anyway, however I find some of them like Snow White or Aurora very pretty, after Coronation Elsa y I could care less about the rest :sad:.
1-Snow White
2-Tiana
3-Merida
4-Ariel
5- Aurora
6- Coronation Elsa
7- Belle
8- Ursula
9- Calhoun
10- Coronation Anna
11- Merida/Queen Elinor
12- Wedding Rapunzel
13- Rapunzel
14- Jasmine
15- Alice
16- Queen of Hearts
17- Mother Gothel
18- Snow Anna
18- Ending Ana
19- Cinderella
20- Wedding Cinderella
21- Snow Queen Elsa
22- Regal Elsa
23- Tremaine
24- Eric
25- Kristoff
26- Philip
27- Malifecent
28- Ball Gown Cinderella

Last edited:
mine is.

1- Snow White
2- Alice
3- Cornation Anna
4- Rapunzel
5- Tiana
6- Ariel
7- Queen of Hearts
8- Cornation Elsa
9- Belle
10- Snow Gear Anna
11- Snow Queen Elsa
12- Merida
13- Wedding Rapunzel
14- Mother Gothel
15- Lady Tremaine
16- Aurora
17- Jasmine (did not have seen good pictures to judge)
18- Cinderella
19- Wedding Cinderella
20- Summer Anna
21- Queen Elinor, Merida
22- calhoun
23- Malifecent
24- Ursula
25- Prince Eric
26- Kristoff
27- Philip
28- Regular Elsa
29- Ball Gown Cinderella

Last edited:
uhm... okay let me think... based on me only owning the ones I like. I choose/love the ones more accurate to original character and or creativity. Here's mine ^^ adding reason why.

1. Merida (very accurate and many accessories + different types of fabric, there's nothing I would change)
  2. Wedding Rapunzel (so much detail on gown & veil. Short hair not your normal princess, nothing I would change)
  3. Mother Gothel (only thing I would change is her wearing boots ^^ besides that I LOVE her )
  4. Queen Elinor/Merida ( but this is for only Queen Elinor :) Merida would prob be close at the end :( only thing I wanted more from Elinor was longer hair and uhm... just a little more fabric accuracy and detail.
  5. Coronation Elsa (so sad she didn't come with her scepter & orb)

Wow this is hard lol to be continued :)

Last edited:
I also was surprised how much I loved LA Ella in the blue gown, I have the following: March Anna/Elsa, Regal/Epilogue Elsa/Anna, Blue Pink Aurora, Maleficent, LA Ella.

From those they would probably be

1. Coronation Elsa
2. Ella
3. Pink Aurora
4. Winter Anna
5. Blue Aurora
6. Regal Elsa
7. Epilogue Anna
8. Maleficent

Of course overall Coronation Anna is my favourite, I think Tiana has nice details and the Merida/Elinor set is cute. Cindy is quite pretty but plain, and Jasmine doesn't do much for me. I really want Jane and Meg LE doll... (I know Jane is an outside chance)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back