• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)
It's such a gorgeous pin. I will be gutted if my bf sleeps in and misses this! I have no back up!

lost my positive pants already!

To be honest, our chances are slim to none. 300 Kevin pins went in about a minute. The rumoured 165 tangled pins that remain will go even quicker.
So do not fret or worry yourself, and look on it as a bonus if you get any. Maybe all UKers should gang together and if they get 2 ( 1 to keep and 1 to trade )
give up on the possible grail and help each other first. Just putting it out there.

Yup, there are only 165 left...Disney UK said so on their FB page

If I do somehow by magic manage to get 2, I make a promise here I will help out a fellow Dpf who would want it for there collection and not because of the value or money/trade :)

I have my fingers crossed and someone at work covering me for the release time, meetings not arranged until after 10am just encase it all goes wrong! I will be online refeshing from 8am!!

Good luck everyone for this!

And for all our enjoyment here is my dealings thus far with this release.

Firstly I see the release announcements:

tumblr_mbc1bgRcrx1ro8qpo.gif

It's Tangled, time to brace yourselves people!

tumblr_m3bv4lyDNf1ro8qpo.gif

When suddenly, you hear that Disney have released the pin early, only on the French site

tumblr_mf50jaB5Aa1ro8qpo.gif

You think Disney will cancel the orders, but they allow them up to 5 per person with a 20% off code too

tumblr_m3f4qyY4gn1ro8qpo.gif

You start to see French people on facebook happy about how they got 10 doing 2 orders

tumblr_m41scqXGI21ro8qpo.gif

Selling them for over $150 each, saying it's a fair price and they worked hard to get them you shouldn't be annoyed they have 10

tumblr_m3f565DK9j1ro8qpo.gif

The release day draws closer and you see the gorgeous photos of the pin

tumblr_mcrjjcGXWp1ro8qpo.gif

You beg your bf and friends to get up early and try to buy some to guarantee you (and as many traders too) get one, keeping them away from ebay

tumblr_m3f5lcSQM71ro8qpo.gif

Morning of the pin release, awake a good 4 hours before release

tumblr_mav82htUZl1ryo8w7o1_500.gif

[I am speculating from now on ofc]

You see the pin online
tumblr_m3bvm3JLhX1ro8qpo.gif

Order goes through successfully!

tumblr_m9uzb4RJv21ro8qpo.gif

You can hardly believe you were successful!

tumblr_m41rqof7Vh1ro8qpo.gif

But you get a confirmation e-mail with dispatch notification

tumblr_m34ehki8MR1ro8qpo.gif

Sit at home for days waiting for delivery, until suddenly you see the postie with a Disney parcel

tumblr_m3bv79e5NK1ro8qpo.gif

You open the parcel and see that gorgeous tangled pin for real

tumblr_m3buddM33Y1ro8qpo.gif

After calming down you (I!!) stare at that little green Chameleon made of metal and just say to him

tumblr_mdk4notgxn1ro8qpo.gif

But just so as not to jinx it, me if I don't get this Pascal pin!

tumblr_m31y5r5SBB1ro8qpo.gif

Good luck everyone!!!!!

Omg this actually made me LOL! Totally accurate!!! So true....good luck uk peeps!!! I'm hoping for the best :)

I'm more scared they'll only grant us 1 "due to high demand", because I've heard from previous releases that sometimes people didn't get the 2 they ordered. If that's the case, I will not be nice on their FB -_-

I have already been un nice on faebook this morning not only do we have this mess but theya re allowing the frenchwebsite to continue to sell this morning I dont hold out a lot of hope

Jacqui

Im at work having a really bad day. Its one of those days when my body is causing me so much pain! Some days are better but today its really bad.

Im in front of my computer at work and hope I will get one pin. That would make my day a little bit more easy to get through. That pin will hopefully get me a grail! Even though I love it and would like to keep it there are pins I like more so I will probably end up trading it if I get it.

aarrrghhhh this release causes so much feelings! Wish Disney had not messed it up!
Hope they will give us another really good pin to cover for this mess up.

Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get it!

I have already been un nice on faebook this morning not only do we have this mess but theya re allowing the frenchwebsite to continue to sell this morning I dont hold out a lot of hope

Jacqui
Oh great! This is such a joke!

I am hoping my sister can get me two, one for me and one for a friend on here as I will most likely be travelling to work at that time. I hate how DS UK release before 9am! If it was on the dot like how it should be at least I would have a chance of buying it at work! Grrrr

Aww Snoffsan feel better!

Well my bf broke his hand at work last night and I can't wake him up whilst he's just fallen asleep so bye bye pin :(
but good luck to the rest of you!

Thanks :) Good luck to everyone. I hope we can all get at least one of the pin each even if it would have been a fantastic pin for trading had the full amount still been on offer.

I'm so terrified for this oh my, but good luck everyone!
I'm pretty sure that this is more intense than the hunger games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back