• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)
Can anyone in retail management please explain this from a business point of view? Why would Disney only make 400 items when they could clearly have sold about 1,000 of them. I've never understood it! It just alienates the people who didn't get one. Needless to say I failed. By the time I found the pin (having refreshed constantly for 90 minutes) I didn't even get a chance to add to the basket. I didn't need it anyway, I was just trying to help two other people. Let them down again. Sorry folks. Tried my best.

Can anyone in retail management please explain this from a business point of view? Why would Disney only make 400 items when they could clearly have sold about 1,000 of them. I've never understood it! It just alienates the people who didn't get one. Needless to say I failed. By the time I found the pin (having refreshed constantly for 90 minutes) I didn't even get a chance to add to the basket. I didn't need it anyway, I was just trying to help two other people. Let them down again. Sorry folks. Tried my best.

Well, I'm not in retail, but I have rather a business head on me, so here's my point of view on the topic;

You could take the LE 400 in various ways. By having such a low LE [granted it could have been lower if Disney wished] it increases the demand for the product, and ensures that the product will either sell out instantly [like Tangled] or within several hours [like BATB]. Though they could always have expanded the collection size in order to meet demand [maybe LE 1000], in order to make more capital, but there would be no way of making sure all the pins sold out, at least within a decent period of time, while Tangled probably would have [due to the high demand for tangled pins], there would be no way in assuring that the likes of Cheshire Cat, which to my understand doesn't have as large demand as BATB or Tangled, would. After all, there's pins from last year that are still sitting on the site because they haven't sold out, as Disney clearly put too large of an edition size on them [such as the Cinderella, Snow White, Chip and Dale Christmas ect.]

Does anyone know how long Disney take to notify you if something is out of stock? I've been so nervous about checking my inbox all day incase I get an out of stock email :anxious:

Even though i was just lucky enough to get one i have still been refreshing the page most of the day to see if any poped up as when i started refreshing sold out was in black and earier on this afternoon i saw the sold out changed to red and with seeing alot of people mentioning about cancelling im getting quite nervous now

I'm not giving up hope of getting one; everytime I look at Pascal's cute lil face on the pin, I'm reminded that I shouldn't give up on it, despite the problems so far. I suppose I feel so :cry: because I was up super early, my Mum and I were both at the computers, refreshing constantly & then it was there & I hadn't even clicked on it & it was gone... :sad:
We both loved the BatB one when it came out & so wanted the set, plus I - like Emily - collect Pascal.

Well done to all of you who got it.

Last edited:
It only took me 2 seconds, and when I wanted to pay, it said they had removed it from my basket because it was out of stock o_O
This happened to my sister, so annoying!

Hi,
Well thats a another reason not to collect tangled lol I was refreshing every second and it just sold out!!! in
under 5 second lol Goodluck to all who got one!!!

yep this happened to me. So furious, I even got into work early so that I could get it :(

didnt even have time to add it my basket O_O clicked everything everything then boom sold out

Me too! It really isn't good enough!

I tried to get this for a friend, but I got an error whilst it was trying to process and I couldn't add it to my basket. :/ Now I feel gutted! I really wanted to get her it. :facepalm: Did anyone else get an error?

I've been stalking that site since 7AM x_x

Yep...I logged on at 8.50 pin came up around 8.58 added two to basket and then immediately said it was unavailable so I refreshed thinking disney has nt released it online properly then at 9.01 a message came up saying they had sold out!

Keep in my mind we only had like 150 pins available for ALL 3 sites apperently (yes, again, the French got a shot too).

I don't even think we had 150 pins...more like 10. If that.

I just feel totally crushed....been refreshing the page since 8am and then it was gone before I could get it in my basket.
So much for collecting the set :sad:

:cry:

i feel your pain :(

I'm so angry I can't even form coherant thoughts right now!! But when I can; a very long, very irrate, very emotional letter is headed to the Disney Store

They have a lot to answer for - their customer service throughout the last 2 months has been appalling.

I'm just so gutted :cry:

I will be contacting them also. I am not a happy bunny!

I was refreshing on my computer and IPad from 7.30am and as soon as it went live it was sold out before I could do a thing. Gutted as I wanted this for my Dreams collection. If anyone gets a spare I have he BatB Dreams pin or Kevin to swap for it.

DS UK really do take the mick! Hope you can get one by trading although I think they are all in France.

I am in the same boat as you. I tried getting Tarzan for someone online, I couldn't. Tried getting up and Rapunzel for another member and both times sold out and had the pins chucked out the basket! Great customer service! I don't understand why it has become so difficult to get pins, I used to be able to get them all. It can't be hundreds of new UK and France pin traders it's got to be ebay re sellers!

I'm not giving up hope of getting one; everytime I look at Pascal's cute lil face on the pin, I'm reminded that I shouldn't give up on it, despite the problems so far. I suppose I feel so :cry: because I was up super early, my Mum and I were both at the computers, refreshing constantly & then it was there & I hadn't even clicked on it & it was gone... :sad:
We both loved the BatB one when it came out & so wanted the set, plus I - like Emily - collect Pascal.

Well done to all of you who got it.

Same :( hope you can get one. Well done to the few that did get the pin.

It's really upsetting because I want this genuinely for my collection. And I have actually seen the Disney Dreams show. But I'd say they biggest majority of the buyers of this are just to re sell it off again. I'm not painting everyone that way. But most. And I really don't have the money to buy one from evilbay :(

Mine is going into my collection. I haven't even had a dispatch note yet despite paying for express delivery. Hope people manage to trade for them!

Well, I'm not in retail, but I have rather a business head on me, so here's my point of view on the topic;

You could take the LE 400 in various ways. By having such a low LE [granted it could have been lower if Disney wished] it increases the demand for the product, and ensures that the product will either sell out instantly [like Tangled] or within several hours [like BATB]. Though they could always have expanded the collection size in order to meet demand [maybe LE 1000], in order to make more capital, but there would be no way of making sure all the pins sold out, at least within a decent period of time, while Tangled probably would have [due to the high demand for tangled pins], there would be no way in assuring that the likes of Cheshire Cat, which to my understand doesn't have as large demand as BATB or Tangled, would. After all, there's pins from last year that are still sitting on the site because they haven't sold out, as Disney clearly put too large of an edition size on them [such as the Cinderella, Snow White, Chip and Dale Christmas ect.]

Thanks Anya.

Yep...I logged on at 8.50 pin came up around 8.58 added two to basket and then immediately said it was unavailable so I refreshed thinking disney has nt released it online properly then at 9.01 a message came up saying they had sold out!

It was up before that, I got my email confirmation at 8:56. I typed Rapunzel pin in the search bar and kept refreshing the page till it popped up. I think it might have shown up in the search a tiny bit before it was on the pin page :dunno:

It was up before that, I got my email confirmation at 8:56. I typed Rapunzel pin in the search bar and kept refreshing the page till it popped up. I think it might have shown up in the search a tiny bit before it was on the pin page :dunno:
How annoying! I'm so cross..got into work super early, rushed to get there in fact and couldn't get it :( really wanted one for my Rapunzel collection and to help a pin friend on here out. Well done for getting the pin. I bet loads will be appearing on evil bay now :(

I think something must have happened cause i was refreshing the pin page like a mad woman, and it popped up at about 8.55 for me and i got my confirmation at 8.56...so it might have lagged on some peoples websites! I knew when it had been added cause suddenly my browser took longer to refresh so I think I was really lucky and refreshed JUST as they added the pin! My heart was racing so much. So glad I got it for my collection though (if they dont cancel) I'm sorry people missed out :( :(

I'm really peeved for my friends who missed out and for myself I will just have to make do with two missing that is if I can get the other two hat is disney has a lot of questions to be answerd which they won't they hide behind there computers with crap varg answers and there customer service is something else we need to seriously need to get the Americans over here to sort them out!!!

It was a little after 9 when it showed up for me, could this be because I wasn't from the UK, and further away from the servers or something? I can't imagine a PC clock being 7 minutes later then everyone else's clock. Oh well, it's happened, nothing we can do to change it, tomorrow is another day, and lets just move on I guess :)

It was a little after 9 when it showed up for me, could this be because I wasn't from the UK, and further away from the servers or something? I can't imagine a PC clock being 7 minutes later then everyone else's clock. Oh well, it's happened, nothing we can do to change it, tomorrow is another day, and lets just move on I guess :)

Its defo strange as we all checked out at 8.56...hmmmm. But like u said, there will be others, hopefully no more tangled ones for a few weeks though, my heart can't take it!!!! Lols

No luck for me either! I was refreshing every minute starting at around 8:30. I managed to choose 2 and then they were gone. I am not just disappointed not to get one for myself, but I was going to help out someone here on DPF and now I can't.
Well done to all of you who managed to get them!

Ive had order confirmation and payment not been taken out so i beg to god they dont cancel my order if some of you have already had your dispatch emails

I remember I had to re-order the BATB dream pin, because Disney never came looking for payment [I never got the email], so I ended up phoning them and whatever happened my order hadn't went through, thankfully I reordered soon after before they sold out. Though in my experience, payment is always taken out within a few minutes of me placing my order [almost instantly on some cases]. Perhaps call Disney in the morning and see if your order is on their system?

My paypal says my disneystore order payment is "pending" :anxious:

Hope it's in my hands soon!

What will annoy me is if ours get cancelled but french peoples dont. I know it's not their fault it got released early but it would just make me so annoyed!

I didn't get it, but i think after all the saga with this pin I'm not going to collect the dreams ones any more.

have a BATB for trade if anyone wants it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back