• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Real Fairy Found: Addicted to Alice Pins

ZAPPED! Real Fairy Found: Addicted to Alice Pins

LittleBird

Kimagination
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Let me tell you about Ann.

giphy.gif

Ann has been through hell and back in the past nine months or so. Watching your mom die of a debilitating disease is a fate I would not wish upon anyone, especially not someone as awesome as Ann. And yet through it all, she has not only been positive, she has supported me and shown nothing but generosity with her kindness. To wit, a package that arrived today:

IMG_3220_zpsyz7ngbfp.jpg

This set has become trickier to get a hold of since its release in November, but I refuse to give up! You know why?

Well, let me tell you about this collection I have. Every single pin in it was either a zap or a very kind trade. And almost all of them came from our DPF family (except for Merida, who came from a friend who doesn't even collect pins!):

IMG_3221%20copy_zpsn3txurwn.jpg

Looking at this board and these beautiful pins reminds me every day that there is goodness and kindness in this world, something I think these princesses would approve of.

So THANK YOU, ANN!! I will cherish this pin (and your lovely, lovely note) every time I see it... and it's in my office, so I see it a lot. :)

That's really cool. I love that there's more behind this collection of pins than just because they are beautiful. :)

Ya goof. <3 I'm sorry you had to wait a month for your birthday treat, but that collection is lookin' pretty swanky!!!

Also, I haven't watched Parks & Rec (don't yell!!! I don't watch a lot of tv, unless it's presented in British accents, ha), but these gifs always make me :rofl: . This one might be my favorite! Too bad it won't fit above my avatar.

Also, I haven't watched Parks & Rec (don't yell!!! I don't watch a lot of tv, unless it's presented in British accents, ha), but these gifs always make me :rofl: . This one might be my favorite! Too bad it won't fit above my avatar.

No judgment here, man. I just started season 3 myself. But the gif-ability of this show is unsurpassed (with the possible exception of Supernatural).

giphy.gif

Your fan board is a testament to kindness and love. :) all those folks are wonderful and you obviously must be pretty darn awesome too. :)

What a wonderful zap, congrats!

Oh, and also, Parks and Rec is legit! It's one of my favorite shows ever. If you do start watching, though, start with Season 2. I promise you won't be missing out on much. And then after you've seen it for awhile, go back and watch Season 1 if you want to be an episode completist. Overall, Season 1 is weak and you can tell they were having a hard time pinning the character Leslie (Amy Poehler's character) down. Season 2 really hits its stride and Leslie is much more even and toned down.

What an amazing zap, collection, and story!

I also agree that Season 1 of Parks and Rec is MEHHHH. I had to try to watch it several times until I could get past the first season.

Back