• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Real or Fake? DA Mondrian Mouse #25893

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real or Fake? DA Mondrian Mouse #25893

imatronaholic

Daft Punk Rocks
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Recently acquired this pin and I have a question..

Is this pin authentic? :anxious:

The only issue I have is that the bottom edge is rough, not smooth and finely finished as other DA pins that I have. The 3rd picture below shows the edge.. I kinda think it's authentic, but I just wanna know what the experts have to say. ..and anyone else that has this pin, can you check the bottom edge??
mondrian_mickey_front.JPG
mondrian_mickey_back.JPG
mondrian_mickey_side.JPG

..the keys are not wavey.. I took another picture to compare the keys with another DA pin. The keys are different size and closer together on the Mondrian Mouse pin. What do you think?

mondrian_mickey_compare_back.JPG

The gavels do look wavy in both of those pics, but it's hard to tell if it's the gavels or the lens on your camera.
..picture taken with iPhone.. The metal with the gavels on both pins is flat and the gavels are upraised. And both of these pins are HEAVY and thick.

Did you buy the pin on ebay? Or did you get it directly from someone you trust who bought it directly from DA?
evil Bay - yes. But, the Jury is still out. I don't believe that EVERYBODY on eBay sells fakes. I would like to compare this with someone that owns the pin. I see on pinpics that BrickLayer has it for trade. ..and generally speaking, is there a big problem with ppl making fake DA pins? These both came on DA card backs and the Mondrian Mouse has made its impression on the velvet. :dunno:

I will send a PM to bricklayer and see if he will check this out for me..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back