• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Real or Fake? you decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
pin51757
this is the pin pics picture

My first inclination is to say it's fake. The Pin Trading logo and copyright box both look like the result of a very poorly done cast. Plus the pupils are larger than the ones from the pinpics photo. The HM head looks fatter in the pin you have. Anybody seen anything else?

I think I have a fake of this one, and the hair was darker red and the lines were thicker, than the real one. I'll try to dig it out tomorrow and take a pic. My inclination is fake.

Jallenwood took the words right out of my mouth.
There are too many variences and especially the logo and copyright info.
Also, if you look closely, you will see that the spacing of the letters is not correct either.
Where it says 4 of 6 there is always a space between the numbers and word.

EXAMPLE 4of6 versus 4 of 6

My OPINION. FAKE!

Hmm... The top pin just looks a little zoomed in. Just look at the top left corner in front compared to the one on pinpics. Alas the pintrading seal and Disney copyright doesn't do it any justice either.

My humble opinion; possibly a counterfeit, but definitely, definitely a scrapper at the very least. I have seen fakes of this one, and they are pretty bad. This fits right in.

No problem. Thank you again for posting the detailed photos. It really does help everyone else to actually see these differences. You are not only educating yourself, but everyone else on the board. :bigthumb:

I wonder if the copyright is intentionally rubbed out so as not to commit a copyright infringement. Although I do not think it is a legit Disney Pin, I wonder if there is an actual copyright infringement has occurred here. Just food for though but it could be that it was done intentionally. Things that make you go HMMMMMM.....

Hi my daughter and I have been trading about a year and a half. We know of the the

hidden mickeys that they make counterfeits . Has anyone ever seen counterfeits of

le 250 or le 100 disney auctions pins.

Thanks

Hi my daughter and I have been trading about a year and a half. We know of the the

hidden mickeys that they make counterfeits . Has anyone ever seen counterfeits of

le 250 or le 100 disney auctions pins.

Thanks

Unfortunately, it seems like there are at least scrappers (pins made in the legit factory, but should have been scrapped due to bad quality) of these pins out there. Bruce spotted one being sold on ebay recently. Look at this thread: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?1906-Urgent-help-needed-to-authenticate-a-Dalmatian-pin.

Not sure about outright counterfeits being made though. Anyone else hear of fakes of LE250 and DA100 pins being made?

You really have to be careful nowadays when buying your pins. If done online, be sure of who you are buying from!

Last edited:
Hi,
I do not recall any fake Disney Auction pins, other than
Pin 48499: Disney Auctions - Stitch Invasion Set (101 Dalmatians)
Pin 48500: Disney Auctions - Stitch Invasion Set (Pinocchio)

However, I have found fakes of these limited editions going around for the past two year at least. The originals were released from Disney Shopping online.
Pin 68256: DisneyShopping.com - Disney Favorites Series Stitch Pin
Pin 69433: DisneyShopping.com - Costumed Stitch Pin - Dalmatian Puppy
Pin 52577: DisneyShopping.com - President's Day 2007 (Stitch)
Pin 68455: Disneyshopping.com - President's Day Series Stitch Pin
Pin 65086: DisneyShopping.com - Southern Belle Series - Lilo & Stitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back