• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Release pin DSSH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Release pin DSSH

Didinous

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello everyone, :)

In October, my wife, my daughter (1 year) and I go to Los Angeles for 4 days and we will be able to do it on Friday, October 12th.
I have several questions to better prepare my first release of pin in Ghirardelli: o_O
- The exit starts at 6:30 AM, at what time do you advise me to be in line? Is the distribution of tickets starting at 6:30 am or is the sale of the pin?
- Then, if I understand the principle, we draw a ticket and we place in the order?
- Is it a ticket per person?
- A ticket = 1 set of pin?
- If you have other details to bring me I'm a taker.

In addition, regarding pin's Delight, how to know their release date?
What does it take to get a pin like that?
Can we choose the pin we would like from the 3?

It's already a lot of questions.
Thank you in advance to those who will help me.
All these questions, we could ask them there but we do not speak too much English so we wanted to prepare ourselves better.

PS: if people want to trade with me, it is with pleasure, I can send you my trades in PM and I will bring them to Los Angeles, knowing that I will also have a day at Disneyland on October 8th.
Sorry for my English not good.:D

Rules are posted on Ghirardelli Facebook page. Line has a cut off time. Usually 5am... But check.

Everyone in line pulls a number. Then you may buy pins in the order of your number. So for an le 300 pin if you draw number 437 you will probably not get the pin. If your number is 300 or less you gain the pin.

First of all, welcome to Hollywood soon!

Since your daughter is only one, she cannot get her own wristband for the event or count as another person to get PTDs. Their minimum age is 4. But you and your wife could each get them.

Release:

As @TheMickeyMouseRules said, DSF will post the rules on their Facebook page - Disney Studio Store Hollywood - about a week before the release.

If a release time is 6:30, that is the time the store will open to start selling. The line cutoff time is always at least an hour earlier. (It has been 5 am cutoff time lately, but the rules sheet will have the definite cutoff time.) You cannot buy the pins if you miss the cutoff, so plan to get there about half an hour before cutoff at the latest so you can park and find the end of the line. (I arrive very close to the end, but I have gone to a lot of these so I know my way around pretty well.)

Each person will get a wristband when they get in line that will let you get a ticket number. That number is your place in the purchase line. Tickets are given out between cutoff time and sale time (usually around 5:30). The line will go past the store on Hollywood Boulevard and down through an alley by the store, and at the end of the alley each person is handed a number. From there, people will go back to Hollywood Boulevard to line up in front of the store. The person with ticket 1 will be first in line and people with higher ticket numbers line up in order behind them.

You are allowed to buy one set per person of whatever is left when you get to the counter. (Higher numbers could have some pins sold out already.) You can just buy the ones you want, you don't need to buy everything if there is a pin you do not want. Sometimes the rules will say you can buy two sets, but this is uncommon. You can also buy PTDs then if there are any left.

If you and your wife both get a good number, you will have to go in separately. You cannot both go in together even if you are only buying one set.

PTDs:

They used to put out a new set as soon as the old one sold out, but now they are random. So there is no way to know release date until they actually release them (like a surprise release). To buy them, you just have to go to the store when they are open or during the morning release. Each person can only buy up to two (and they have to be different, so you could buy a Mickey and a Donald but not two Donalds. But you could buy a Donald and your wife could buy a Donald.)

You are allowed to choose. If there are all three pins left you can pick up to two, if two pins are left you could get one of each, and if there is only one left you can only buy one. Since it is you and your wife, you can buy up to four PTDs per day.

Rules are posted on Ghirardelli Facebook page. Line has a cut off time. Usually 5am... But check.

Everyone in line pulls a number. Then you may buy pins in the order of your number. So for an le 300 pin if you draw number 437 you will probably not get the pin. If your number is 300 or less you gain the pin.

Hey TheMickeyMouseRules, thanks for your answer. I was seeing the rules for the previous release, I understand better.

First of all, welcome to Hollywood soon!
Thanks we are looking forward to it ;)

The line cutoff time is always at least an hour earlier.
This line is easily recognizable, There is world ^^ ... no ?

If you and your wife both get a good deal, you will have to go in separately. You can not do it yourself if you are only buying one set.
Ok also, if I have the number 123 and my wife the 256, I have to go first and she has to wait her turn, she can not go with me :(

A big thanks for your complet answer ^^ :):):)

Ok also, if I have the number 123 and my wife the 256, I have to go first and she has to wait her turn, she can not go with me :(

Yes, if your wife pulls 123 and you pull 256, then one of you can go at the 123 and the other can go at 256. But not both at 123.

I should be going to that release, so if you want to meet me in line we can wait together. I don't remember that much French (I took French in school 20 years ago and don't have much chance to practice in Los Angeles), but I will try!

FYI: Parking garage entrance is next to Loew's Hollywood hotel.
Loew's is at 1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, 90028

Bring your parking entrance ticket with you for validation in the DSSH store.

Is it now $2 or is it $4 for 4 hours? @timeerkat ?

As far as I know it is still $2 for the first four hours if you get it validated in El Capitan (if you use the shop one it's only good for two hours).

If you stay longer than 4 hours, I think it goes up by a dollar for every 15 minutes.

I should be going to that release, so if you want to meet me in line we can wait together. I don't remember that much French (I took French in school 20 years ago and don't have much chance to practice in Los Angeles), but I will try!

With pleasure ! I don't speak too much English but we should be able to communicate. Do you have trades? Do you want to see mine? :)

FYI: Parking garage entrance is next to Loew's Hollywood hotel.
Loew's is at 1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, 90028

Bring your parking entrance ticket with you for validation in the DSSH store.

Is it now $2 or is it $4 for 4 hours? @timeerkat ?

We will be at an apartment at 6333 Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood.
I believe that, it's a 20-minute walk from Ghirardelli o_O

That is true? It's dangerous for my girl 1 year old?
People bring their children... I see any number of strollers and I have brought my now 12 year old down there. There are a lot of people at the releases, so I usually feel safe enough. The area does have a lot of homeless people who may wander in/out/around the pin trading crowd... the worse thing is they might yell something or harm themselves (like this guy wandering in the intersection of Highland and Hollywood at the August 18 release), I have not seen any physical violence. The DSSH staff has security and they do call the police if needed.

That is true? It's dangerous for my girl 1 year old?
I wouldn't put my 1 year old in any danger taking them to Hollywood at 3 a.m. there is security but they are not very effective, the last release they took too long as the homeless man went right up to people and started harassing them.

Been to lots of releases and people bring their kids of all ages. Last time was the first time I'd ever seen one of the homeless people get a little more violent. They usually are just doing their own thing, and mostly stop to talk to anyone who they think will listen, and carry on their way. I thought security watched the guy pretty closely, and they did call the police to eventually come and handle him. He was more of a nuisance to the drivers trying to drive by, and people on the other side of the street, than to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back