Reluctant Dragon shadowbox

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by GreyWyvern, Sep 25, 2016.

1. GreyWyvern

GreyWyvern Figment Fan Since '84

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I finally got around to putting my Reluctant Dragon collection in a shadowbox! I was actually very excited to find an autograph of Barnett Parker who was the voice of the Reluctant Dragon in the film. Is the autograph legit? I don't know, it might not be, as I wasn't able to get it with third-party verification. But even if it isn't legit, I won't be too broken up about it. It's still what his signature looked like.

[​IMG]
    Click image for larger version

I thought I'd have a tough time fitting in all the pins, but it turns out I actually had some leftover room in case Disney ever decides to release more Reluctant Dragon pins. There is just one LE12 RD pin I am missing to become a completist!

For those interested, Barnett Parker has a short vocal solo at 2:20 in this number with Judy Garland and Sophie Tucker. His voice is certainly unmistakable :D

[video=youtube;JzU3qV0DqNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzU3qV0DqNU[/video]

[​IMG]

2. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Love it! Good luck on your search for your final pin.

3. SiuJerkJai

SiuJerkJai Mrs. Nesbitt

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

Beautiful! It's good you have room. You'll be ready for the Storybook Collection pin due out next year!

4. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Love your collection!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

5. GreyWyvern

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Oh, yeah! Thanks for reminding me! :D Woohoo!

6. TornadoTitan

TornadoTitan Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Wow that is an amazing collection. I never seen Reluctant Dragon but need to see it now. Now it's making me want to draw a picture with him, Figment, Mushu, and all the other Disney dragons.

7. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I love your collection and display, it's really unique! I'm in the same boat as you in that I need one pin from that LE12 set (not the Reluctant Dragon). I hope you are able to get it someday!

8. GreyWyvern

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Thanks! But unless I inherit a fortune, I've reconciled myself to never having it. :)

OTOH... There's been a guy trying to sell the set on eBay for $10,000 for a few years now. We just need to find three other people to go splitsies on it! :rofl::rofl::facepalm:

[​IMG]

9. tiggeriffic

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I've seen that ebay listing too. He won't split the set, either. You never know, though. I have some really low LE pins I never thought I'd have. :tigger: And come to think of it, we are looking for probably the least wanted pins in that set. I don't think it would be hard to find people to go for the Maleficent, Mim and Elliot!

10. sismelis

sismelis Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I love the Reluctant Dragon! And the collection is perfect in the shadowbox. Nicely done! On my recent visit to LA I saw Pete's Dragon re-boot at El Capitan. They had a display of Disney Dragon items in the basement. It was so nice to see all the dragons together!

11. trudms06

trudms06 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. TammyH

TammyH Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Nice display!

13. Haunted575

Haunted575 Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Wowsie! I only have the HM which the person who traded me disclosed they thought it was an imposter but I traded anyway because he's so cute.

14. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I love it! What a neat display. I've got my fingers crossed that that last pin falls in your lap one day. :) Thanks for sharing.

15. GreyWyvern

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

An update!!!

Thanks to Dunyazad (from PinTalk) and our very own Merlin, I was able to add the Reluctant Dragon PTD to my shadowbox!

[​IMG]

It's quite a bit smaller than I was expecting, so it fit neatly between the signature and the right side of the frame. :)

Thanks very much to you both! :fig:

16. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Very cool! I still have no idea what the Reluctant Dragon is.. lol! Good luck in getting that last pin :bigthumb:

17. GreyWyvern

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

You can start watching it here (broken up into seven chunks of 3 minutes each to avoid getting taken down). It's probably my second favourite Disney short of all time after Susie the Little Blue Coupe.

[video=youtube;9IijeNu3ixo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IijeNu3ixo[/video]

I'll need all the luck I can get (or all the $$$ I can get!) for that one! So thanks! :D

18. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Oh that is delightful!

19. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Nice! I will start my education with that clip :p Thanks!

20. tiggeriffic

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The new addition looks at home in your awesome collection. :tigger:

21. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Active Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Very awesome collection!

22. Damiens pins

Damiens pins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Omg how did I miss seeing this? Wow what a lovely display I didn't know there was this many reluctant dragon pins thanks for sharing

23. GreyWyvern

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Thanks Damien! :fig:

BTW, I'm trying to send you a PM, but your inbox is full. Could you let me know when you've deleted some messages? Cheers!

24. Damiens pins

Damiens pins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Ive now deleted inbox thanks

25. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

I have watched the episode you linked. Very cute!