• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Repairing loose elements on a pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repairing loose elements on a pin

JAllenWood

Pond. Amy Pond.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
A call out for help from everyone. I remember seeing a thread somewhere on here about repairing broken posts, but I can't seem to find it. So I'm starting a new thread with an additional question.

I have a few pins with posts that are only loose, not broken off. Also, I have a couple of pins where the rivets holding the pin on pin elements have started to loosen a bit. I think solder might be overkill for this minor of a repair, so I was wondering if anyone had any long-term success with super glue or another adhesive/bonding agent. For those that have performed minor surgery on your pins, what worked best for you?

I have repaired a pin on pin by using a peening tool and mallet on it and hitting the rivet end tight again. face down on a sheet of rubber backing board to not scratch the face. worked perfectly
Have a few pins with loose posts used Jb weld on two of them but left the others alone.

That's the thread. Thanks, Bryan! :)

I have repaired a pin on pin by using a peening tool and mallet on it and hitting the rivet end tight again. face down on a sheet of rubber backing board to not scratch the face. worked perfectly
Have a few pins with loose posts used Jb weld on two of them but left the others alone.

Ah, great idea for repair on the pin on pin. Need to get a good rubber backing though. Thanks for the suggestion! :bigthumb:

Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back