Report from my first trip to Disneyland Shanghai

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Snoffsan, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

If you missed report number one its here.

Report of our trip to WDW Feb 21 - March 8th 2018

About 3 weeks after we came home from Florida I went off on an adventure by myself.

I was a bit scared about going on this trip without the family but at the same time super excited. Hollie who was very active in here a few years ago had asked me if I wanted to come visit her in Shanghai! Long story short I met her and her husband here when I joined the forum. We became friends and when me and my family went to London, where they lived, for a few days we met up. It was instant love and we had a lot of fun those days. 2015 they come to Sweden to visit us for a few days and then I followed them to D23 in L.A. for a week. We rented a big house with some other people from this forum and had a blast! Summer 2016 Hollie and Karl got married at Disneyworld they invited us and asked my girls to be bride maids.

Just have to share a photo from that day. Real Disney princesses!

[​IMG]

A few weeks after the wedding they moved to China because Karl got a job as an English teacher at a school in Shanghai and I hadn’t met them since then. So when I was trying to figure out if I was going to do something fun for my birthday since it was during easter and I had almost a week off I jumped on the chance to go see here when she asked if I would like to go. I was going to check one more park of my visit All Disney parks around the worl. So far Ive done Paris, California and Orlando. So after Shanghai I only have Hong Kong and Tokyo left!

This was a me trip, my husband just went on an all guys ski trip to Italy with his friend so I was going all by myself. I was super lucky to find super cheap first class airplane tickets so I started and ended this trip in style!

I hate flying so it was a good thing I was distracted with lots of bubbles an luxury during the flight.
    Me drinking champagne before the plane even lifted!

[​IMG]

I arrived early morning in Shanghai but since time difference is brutal we started with a very calm day. We got our nails done, got a foot and body massage and just prepared to go to Disneyland Shanghai the next day.
    We started the day super early to be able to get to the park (about an hours cab drive away) well before they opened. We also needed to drop our bags off at the hotel but who need sleep anyway?  I was super impressed with Disneland shanghai. It was big and beautiful and the rides was amazing! My favorite ones were of course Tron and Pirates! It was just so amazing and different!

Some photos of day one:

The castle was sooo big!

[​IMG]

OLAF!

[​IMG]

And I got to meet StellaLou and ShellieMay!

[​IMG]

Even the food was adorable!

[​IMG]

After a long day we checked in to Shanghai Disneyresort and got upgraded to club level!!!

Then the second day was my birthday.

[​IMG]

To be continued in next post

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    CCofRR13 and pretty Omi like this.
  2. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

We played photo models around the park. I wanted to show off my dress that I made after seeing a Cinderella dress that I wanted but that was way to expensive. Think it turned out quite ok.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One really funny thing was that people came up asking to have picture with us. They were not used to see non Asian people. So there now are a few photos of me with random peoples kids out there. LOL This girl I did however talk to. She was the cutes thing ever. Came up to me and said: Excuse me, you are so beautiful. And then she gave me a sticker! <3

[​IMG]

I also got to meet Captain America! Hollie knew a guy that was working as ”his friend”

[​IMG]

That friend also got us into Club 33 for my birthday dinner!!!

[​IMG]

But first we went back to the hotel for a costume change and then we had to take some more photos

[​IMG]

Here we are joined by Hollies friends from UK

[​IMG]

Photos from the balcony at Club 33 where we also watched the fireworks after dinner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least, my birthday gifts to myself. Shanghai Club 33 exclusives

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After that epic birthday me Hollie and Karl went on a tour that was going to be an easy 5k hike but ended up being a 3 hour mountain climb. It was exhausting but very beautiful when we made it to the top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My last day was spent in the city shopping. We visited the Disney store of course and the Bund looking out over the skyline.

First breakfast. Arent this the cutes breakfast bun you have ever seen?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cant wait til I get the chance to go back to Shanghai. But that trip I will try to squeeze in Hon Kong and Tokyo as well :D

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    TinyTink, krand1276, CCofRR13 and 3 others like this.
  3. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Sounds like an amazing trip and that castle is gorgeous! T-minus 3 weeks and 2 days until we embark on Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo disney parks. Thanks for sharing!

pretty Omi and watzshakinbacon like this.
  4. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Wow dream trip! Hope you will have a wonderful time!

5. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

All of them in one go?! Wow! Sounds exhausting xD Can't wait to read your trip update!

6. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Sounds like you had a great time in Shanghai! So cool that you were able to go to Club 33 for your bday lunch! Also, your dresses are amazing!

7. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

I know of Hollie! I follow her on Twitter and IG for her art! She seems so sweet! What an amazing trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

What a lovely birthday trip! I remember Hollie too. It looks like you had a blast! Happy belated birthday!

9. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Sounds like a great adventure. I do think the food looked super cute.

10. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Wow. What a trip! Isn’t it great to have friends all over the world?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

What a trip! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing!

12. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

That sounds like an absolutely magical trip (happy belated birthday, Elin)! Your pictures are absolutely spectacular and the park looks beyond brilliant (plus I see that you actually bought the Mickey at 33 this time ;)).
    I'm so glad that you were able to have this amazing experience (plus see Hollie and Karl - hi there :lgm:) and share it with us. Next up, Hong Kong and Tokyo ...

13. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Lol yes I was not going to live in regret like I did after Club33 in California. I’m still beating my self up for not buying the Mickey plush. But at least i have a pin from there. In shanghai they didn’t have any pins :(