Report of our trip to WDW Feb 21 - March 8th 2018

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Snoffsan, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

I have had some people asking me for our latest trip recap. I know it’s a bit late and since I actually managed to go on one more trip but that is for another thread. If you want to read about my Shanghai trip I will put the link here as soon as its written down.

Report from my first trip to Disneyland Shanghai

But first our lates WDW trip. We went to run in the princess half marathon races this year! We arrived feb 21 pretty late so we pretty much went straight to bed to be able to go to the RunDisney expo the day after. Was a very calm day with lots of getting ready for the race weekend.
    Friday morning was the 5k race. My daugters dressed up at Aurora in blue and pink dress and went flying through the course with me and hubby waitning for them cheering at the finiskline. They did so good! They crushed their personal best and was super happy when we went to MK to eat breakfast at Be our guest after.

[​IMG]

Saturday was the 10k race. Me and hubby dressed up as Anna and Elsa. It was a nice race. No personal best but was not what we aimed for either. Needed to save our bodies for the Sunday race.
    Some before and after pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I just have to share my flying over the finish line pic

[​IMG]

Morning of the half I was so nervous! Running a half marathon with having Ehlers Danlos syndrome felt like a very bad idea when I went to my corral. But I though to my self that I would just do my best and try to not cry when I got swept.

I will not lie. Running that race is probably the hardest thing Ive ever done! At 15k my legs just couldn’t run one inch more. But giving up was not an option so I kept walking. When I saw mile 11 marker I started crying a bit because I was so sure I was already at mile 12. Just before mile 13 I saw my friend Dawn and she had M&Ms for me. By then I was ugly crying. Was in a lot of pain and felt like that damn race never would end. But after I got a big hug and gulped down those candys I walked through the back gates at Epcot. This all gave me new energy and I started “running” again. Yeah people could almost walk faster than my running by now but I ran. And somehow I made it up to the finish line. I saw my husband who of course had finished like 2 hours earlier and my girls and I made it over the finish line. By now I was ugly crying so hard that people was looking to see if I was ok, and I was. I was more than ok. The pain faded by the thought that I finished a half marathon all by myself!!! Side note Im actually crying while writing this. That feeling!

Sorry for the lack of pics on race day but it was just not a pretty sight LOL Some pics of us dressed as Snow White.

Before and after.
    [​IMG]

And then about an hour after at Contemporary celebrating with a Princess mimosa!

[​IMG]

The race unfortunally landed me in bed for almost 3 days after but it was still worth it!

We were staying with Dawnys the whole trip but the day after the race we treated our self to one night at Yacht Club. I coulnt walk anyway so we just spent the whole day ath their amazing pool! One more resort checked off our bucket list of staying at least one night at every Disney resort. Probably a goal we will never afford to finish but still fun to try.

Photo of the family at the pier outside the hotel

[​IMG]

March 1 was our next big adventure. We went to Magic Kingdom after hours. It was a paid event that was supposed to be very exclusive and included free drinks and snacks and almost no wait for rides. We really liked it but was disappointed of the lines. It was only for 3 hours and the first hour there was almost no line under 30 minute because they were letting non ticket visitors enter lines up until the exact minute the party started. We still got to ride everything we wanted and got some really nice photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During our trip Epcot started the Flower and garden event and we spend a few nights there eating cool food and having some nice drinks. Some photos from those nights:

My beautiful daughters who suddenly became teenagers!

[​IMG]

Together with their friend Hannah whos dad is an old member from here

[​IMG]

And together with our amazing hosts thet we stayed with. Of course also members from here

[​IMG]

This photo don’t really fit in to the text since it was from a quick visit at Hollywood Studios, but its to fun not to share.

[​IMG]

Maximum amount of pics allowed in one post reached so Ill continue in next post...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

And then a few days before we went home we did something we never done before, we let Disney rest for a day and headed to Universal Studios. We had an amazing day with so much thrill rides and amazing weather. Some photos from that day.

[​IMG]

Drinking beer. Me and anders drank Duff and the girls Butter beer :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The girls got to meet Hello Kitty

[​IMG]

And we ended the day with Mardi Gras parade and we got a lot of beads. Luckily enough the only thing you had to do to get them was to dance :D

[​IMG]

Then we unfortunally had to return to a cold and snowy Sweden but I will leave you with this photo I took of the castle during the fireworks. Hidden Mickey!!!

[​IMG]

Disneychildwithin and LittleBird like this.
  3. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

I love reading your posts. You are so with it! Awesome that you were able to finish the 1/2 marathon!
    Your girls are beautiful. My little one is now a teenager... when did that happen?

4. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Thanks! And yes I know! Time flies. Last trip just a few months earlier they were still kids and now they are such teenagers!

5. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Congrats on finishing those races! I'm exhausted just reading about them. I love that your husband is such a good sport and wears all those matching costumes. Loved your Anna and Elsa outfits. Totally cracked me up!

Universal seems pretty fun, too! I've only been to Universal Studios in LA and it's a been soooooo long. I still haven't been to Harry Potter World T__T

6. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

You know my husband got to choose any character he wanted from Frozen. There are a lot of guys in there but he wanted to be Elsa and even wore a tiara the whole race. LOL Well if it is princess weekend I guess you should take your chance and be a princess even if you are a guy LOL

watzshakinbacon and timeerkat like this.
  7. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

YOU DID IT! Congrats! Your girls are getting so grown-up.

8. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

I know its crazy! They are growing so fast now! Beautiful young women instead of cute girls suddenly!

9. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I just love reading your trip reports, Elin! I have to congratulate you on completing the half marathon (on top of the 10K). I knew you could do it, you should be very proud of yourself for what you have accomplished! And congratulations to Anders, of course, and Ida and Alva for crushing their races, too!

I'm so glad that this trip was successful for you and you had such a magical time. Looking at these pictures makes me miss you so much; we definitely will have to find a way to meet up again, sooner rather than later.

10. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

What a great trip report! I loved all the pics.