• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rita/Jake

Rita/Jake

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
348   0   0
I was at Target a few weekends ago and they had really good prices on their corkboards, so I grabbed a few to get some more of my collections out of bins and into a displayable state.

I started with the collections that I had an idea of the board decoration for - Rita from Oliver and Company and Jake from Rescuers Down Under. I decided to merge the collections onto one board since the movies are from the same era and there aren't enough pins of either character to justify giving them their own big board.

IMG_1185.jpg

Except for a few buttons and a gold brooch-style pin, I am now a completist for Rita (at least, as far as Pinpics can tell me). I technically am a completist now with straight back pins, as everything I'm missing has the brooch-style pin back.

IMG_1187.jpg

I find it hilarious that they basically took the artwork for the Beloved Tales, cut out the blue background, and voilla! Totally different pin! ;)

I still have a ways to go with Jake, but I love the pins I have so far of him (and will have the PTD as soon as I pick it up from Erin.)

IMG_1186.jpg

If anyone has the Rita brooch or any Jake pin I'm missing, I'd be mighty interested in setting up a trade. I'm hoping to be near or at completist with Jake by the end of the year.

I find it hilarious that they basically took the artwork for the Beloved Tales, cut out the blue background, and voilla! Totally different pin! ;)

Except the Yellow Taxi pin came first. :) I know because when I first started collecting pins I lost that pin on ebay because I wasn't willing to "pay that much" for it. It was a different time for pins. It sold for $7. :confused: I've been kicking myself ever since. When the BT came out with the same artwork it brought that painful memory back. o_O I'm still not over it. :cool:

I love your collection! :)

Can I just say how much I love that you collect Rita? Oliver and Co. was one of my absolute favs as a kid, and while Tito was my favorite dog (lmao), Rita is just so cool and down-to-earth. Love her, and it's a shame there's not more pins of her - and Jake, for that matter.

Back