• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Say it ain't so... Scrooge Counterfeit pin (92576)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say it ain't so... Scrooge Counterfeit pin (92576)

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
So I got a pin off the bay that was, of course, too good to be true, and coming straight from Hong Kong (should have known, right?). I bought it, knowing it would probably be a dud, and kept watching the seller and they have repeatedly put this pin up, using the same picture, so that was a bad sign too. Well, the pin has finally arrive and, in all honestly, it could have been worse...

20160330_154245_zpsaobz9mpy.jpg

The pin is nice, no paint dips, good gloss, no frame on the back. I was pretty stoked, actually. Then I noticed it. Scrooge is missing a black line on his bathing suit. Here's the pinpics pic:

pin92576th200_zpswwsm0b0t.jpg

The bottom stripe on Scrooge's bathing suit is gone. It's not just not filled in mine, but there's not metal frame for it, it's just not even in the design. So I'm wondering if this is a problem with the set, as in, do other people have this problem, or if I really did get a counterfeit. The back of the pin is okay, no frame, though it's a little rough. And the second "i" in "Limited Edition of 200" doesn't seem to have been struck right, but I've seen those types of problems in real pins, so who knows. It does not, however, have a serial number print on the back, which I think the others in the series do.

If you have the pin, I'd love to see a picture of it. All in all, I'm probably just going to scratch this one off my wants list. Because if it is a counterfeit, it's a darn good one, hahah!

Any help is appreciated. :3 Thanks!

~Merlin

i have this pin and mine is certainly authentic , a wonderful friend helped me ! i will get photos of the front and back of mine soon and post them here for you to compare .
i must say yours looks way too good for a counterfeit ,maybe it's just a slight variation ?

i have this pin and mine is certainly authentic , a wonderful friend helped me ! i will get photos of the front and back of mine soon and post them here for you to compare .
i must say yours looks way too good for a counterfeit ,maybe it's just a slight variation ?
Thanks so much, Sabrina. The really is in good shape. I think comparing it to yourself will help a lot.

A new development, I contacted the seller about the difference, provided picture, and he very quickly and kindly gave me a refund, and told me to keep the pin! So that was nice of him, and I'm totally okay with a free dud, if it turns out to be one. Hahah!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back