• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrapper of Trade City Donuts pin!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrapper of Trade City Donuts pin!?

lemec

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ok, I think this is my first burn in collecting so far. I was told it was in a baggy which i thought was no big deal since they weren't carded to begin with. The bag it came in had a small #60 sticker on the bag. The pin from the front and inside looks pretty good...it was when I flipped it over that dissapointment set in. You'll see in the pics the obvious border around the pin and the even more obvious security Mickey Heads...The are positives instead of negatives. I thought I'd post these pics so everyone could see and be on the look out for this pin as a scrapper (unless there's someone that went to the breakfast that was the same details on the back of the pin?). Let me know from those with the original.
Donuts-1.jpg
Donuts-2.jpg
donut-3.jpg

oh, and the colors got a bit washed out in the scan...The donut colors match the ones on the pinpics photo!

I got mine at the breakfast and it's still in the baggie. It does have the number you mentioned if I recall correctly. I'll check the back of the pin tomorrow and let you know.

Just checked mine. Still in baggie with #60 on it and the back icons are positive and not negative just like yours. I got mine at Trade City, so I know it is not a scrapper! Looks like this is just one of those weird runs where it is different! Yours is fine!

It is so weird that they would do the back like that, it totally screams scrapper, I wish there was some consistancy to the backings, sheesh. I think the pin is totally cool as well, so due to the rarity of the pin I was really bummed I might have gotten a raw deal. I hope a few more will check to see that the mickey head are positives and stick up as opposed to being indented like they typically are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back