• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrappers or counterfeit? Or real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrappers or counterfeit? Or real?

BriV97

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok so I recently ordered some pins off eBay and I was wondering if someone could verify their legitimacy? The one in the middle was bought at Disneyland while the ones on the left and right were bought on eBay
18c27d9851e85c8fecbbdc0ec82fe3d0.jpg
8d89b4b947a5bdd8dda24d92554a3710.jpg
f12e2161b26db160de917b1dabf5fd77.jpg

Genie looks real to me. (When you say you bought it at Disneyland, did you buy it in one of the shops? Because if you did, then it's definitely real. Disney Parks do not sell scrappers. It's only questionable if you bought it from another guest at the park.)

I'm not sure about the Iago pin. (I'm not very good at distinguishing scrappers myself, and to me, silver chaser pins are especially hard to figure out.)

I would hazard a guess that Goofy is a scrapper, though. :( The border around the back is a big sign, and the paint on the front of the pin looks very dull to me. Official Disney pins usually look shinier/more polished.

Like I said, though, I'm not an expert by ANY means. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a better answer!

(I hope if any of your pins turn out to be fake that it does not discourage you from the hobby, though! Keep in mind that almost all of us started somewhere. When I joined this forum, most of my pins were scrappers! It takes a long time to figure everything out, as in any hobby, but if you ask me, it's worth it! Think of it as a giant treasure hunt. :bigthumb:)

Last edited:
The Goofy pin has that border around it where the mickey heads don't go all the way to the edges. Not a 100% telltale, but almost.

The others seem okay to me, but I don't have pins of my own to compare.

Iago is also fake. There are a few places along the edge where the Mickey waffle pattern doesn't quite reach the edge (just to the right of the 12:00 position, and the 3:00 position)

When non-legit pins have the border, it's almost always a fake rather than a scrapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back