• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Second Hand DSSH Frozen Pins - Comparison Check for Scrappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Hand DSSH Frozen Pins - Comparison Check for Scrappers

Litleclay

New DPF Member
Rating - 80%
4   1   0
I've recently bought some pins second hand, so I'll likely have a few more of these threads in the coming weeks. Below are pictures (front and backs) of two low LE frozen pins I'm considering purchasing. If anyone has authentic pins they can take pictures of so I can do a comparison, that would be great.

First is pin 98697 (Link) -
28c7ef5c6aff47d4b7c1687afce1dbd6.jpg
f9d9b6eb13134ed4856b9c56d08f2f27.jpg

Pin 107246 (Link)
f658d3715b6f4f8b8844fce480d69a6d.jpg
9f4127760011429bb9eb0b563b8ba84a.jpg

Last edited:
The first pin is a fake - you'll notice the word "Limited" is misspelled on the back. I have always found it odd that s simple detail like spelling is overlooked.

On the second pin there are some color variances from the pin found on PinTradingdb.com (link). Can anyone with an authentic version of this pin confirm the PinTradingdb.com is an authentic picture?

47277797c99c46e8922367a0912f09d2.dib
9484.jpg

I traded for this one back in April. It came with backer card and plastic and pricetag, but who knows. It doesn't match either of your pics.

BPyAwo4.jpg

SKYbElq.jpg

The first pin is a fake - you'll notice the word "Limited" is misspelled on the back. I have always found it odd that s simple detail like spelling is overlooked.

While in general you are correct a spelling mistake is a red flag, in this case you are wrong. The actual pin DOES have the misspelling of Limtied on the back. I have two that I purchased directly from DSF and there is an error on the back in spelling.

and for further proof here is this thread from 2013

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?42519-Frozen-Anna-and-Elsa-DSF-pin&highlight=limtied

As for the second I have no experience with that pin, but a couple of minor coloring errors are not uncommon, especially in intricate pins, so I would look for further indications than just two green/white swaps on the tree (though how you noticed those is pretty impressive, I had to look a couple of times before I saw the differences)

Derrick

Last edited:
Interesting.

Thank you for the help Derrick. I tried searching past threads, but I clearly missed that one :) Pretty unimpressive for Disney to miss that...but that makes the color variance more likely.

On the second pin there are some color variances from the pin found on PinTradingdb.com (link).

Without getting into too much detail, one can never rely upon comparing colors from one photo on a website to another photo. There are simply too many variables that conspire to alter "true" colors on any photo. Different settings on cameras will cause colors to shift. Different light sources (sunlight vs. incandescent vs. LED vs. etc. etc. etc.) will cause colors to "change". Post-processing can affect color.

The ONLY way to accurately compare color differences on any pin via the internet is to compare pins photographed at the exact same time, in the same photographic frame, under the same light, with the same device.

Without getting into too much detail, one can never rely upon comparing colors from one photo on a website to another photo. There are simply too many variables that conspire to alter "true" colors on any photo. Different settings on cameras will cause colors to shift. Different light sources (sunlight vs. incandescent vs. LED vs. etc. etc. etc.) will cause colors to "change". Post-processing can affect color.

The ONLY way to accurately compare color differences on any pin via the internet is to compare pins photographed at the exact same time, in the same photographic frame, under the same light, with the same device.

While I do agree with you, I don't think it is applicable in their situation. The color variances are that some predefined sections of the tree (separated by lines) some are white and some are green. The three people who have provided pictures all say their pin is most likely authentic, so the variances are probably a control issue with Disney.

neat stuff. in the past pins were made from a big sheet and punched if you will. so the print on the back would line up were the cut is. ie: look for borders on fake. but do they now size down the back mark. I thought some line up odd or look different. I wonder if the way they make pins change over the years or by factory to factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back