Sending Pixie Dust, Prayers, and Love!!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Tokaji, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I wanted to start a thread for all of our friends in Florida who are looking Irma right in the eye. :anxious: Much love to all of you and if there's anything we non-Floridians can do to help, please let us know!

Stay safe, get out if you can, and we'll see you on the other side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Seriously! It's so crazy to think we were just there for LIAA a couple weekends ago. Please be prepared and stay safe!

3. Piglet

Piglet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Sending my thoughts and love also. Hope you all stay safe!

4. Pinfun

Pinfun Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I second that.

5. froggerway

froggerway nobody cared then

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

As usual, it's a madhouse here in a central Florida coastal town. People are going crazy and being greedy over the amount of supplies they're buying. At Walmart and other chain stores they keep circling with their carts like vultures, waiting for news of when delivery trucks will be pulling in. Gas lines are insane, people are filling up their tanks, motorhomes, boats, jet skis, every gas container they own - have bought - or found along the way to the station. The news media keeps feeding the crazed frenzy which just makes everyone miserable, on edge and illogical.

Quite honestly, I'm more scared of the crazy, dumb-rucks running around acting like the world is about to end than I am of the actual storm.

6. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

I second frogger's concern. While things are certainly looking a little hairy around here, it's the madness of the frenzy that's really got me on edge. Luckily, we're well stocked and fully gassed up, so we should be fine. (and don't worry, the pins are all safely stowed away ;P)

For my fellow Floridians, our home near Tampa Bay is open to you if we end up being spared (or even if we aren't, come on over!). We currently aren't in a mandatory evac zone and on the second floor. Our apartment isn't huge, but we are here if you need a place to crash. <3

~Merlin

7. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

I'm also sending my love and heaps of pixie dust to my pin family in Florida, stay safe everyone :hug:

[​IMG]

8. MomeRathsOutgrabe

MomeRathsOutgrabe Member

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

The biggest problem is the scarcity of gas. People can't evacuate if they can't fuel up their cars. In Sarasota, most if not all of the gas stations are out of gas.

9. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I second everything that already has been said. Sending prayers, hugs, and pixie dust to anyone who is in Irma's path. Please be safe out there and look out for each other.

To our members: with the understanding that you probably will lose power and internet connections, please check in periodically so we'll know you're okay.

10. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Praying for everyone's safety.

11. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Pixie dust to everyone in Florida and those still affected by Hurricane Harvey. My friends went down to WDW for their daughters' first birthday knowing full well a Hurricane might be heading their way; I know they have contingency plans though it may not happen if they can't leave due to a gas shortage...

12. Haunted575

Haunted575 Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I'm in coastal Georgia and we have decided to stay so please keep us your prayers. The car is packed in case we decide to leave ...I've packed more pins than clothes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. xdattax

xdattax Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

305 till I die!

We're not leaving. We're not really in an evacuation zone, we have impact windows, and we just screwed some T1-11 onto the back door's 9 pane window. We're stocked with water, beer, Coca Cola, and junk food. Webber grill is up on the dryer and the dryer is in the locked utility room. Charcoal is ready to go, generator has gas, all cars have at least 3/4 tank of gas, and all of the crap that can fly from the yard is lashes down, put away, or has been hauled to the dump. We are ready. As long as our roof holds we will be fine.

The only thing that's missing is my Dad. While we have had a few small hurricanes and lots of tropical storms come through since Andrew, this is the first major storm without him. But I am reminded of what he told my grandmother before Andrew. "Don't worry about me, I have a job to do and I have to help these people." He was a police officer. I work in the same department as he did, just a different division, park service. And once we can hack our way back into the parks we will and get it running so people will have a place to go to enjoy themselves. Or, grill out at if there's no electric for a long time! After Andrew one of my current co-workers and a FPS crew cut their way down Key Biscayne to get to the park and all the other relief crews followed them in.

My job is the coast, and my mother's is on the Intracoastal Waterway. I might not have an office on Monday. That said I took my scrapper Frozen Marquee off my cork board. Can't lose that. ;)

[​IMG]

14. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Prayers and Pixie dust for all in the path of the hurricane. Please be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

15. pincrazy

pincrazy Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Please stay safe everyone, and if it gets crazy know we're worried with you and hope it'll be over soon. Love Merlin's invitation! Take care everyone.

16. SiuJerkJai

SiuJerkJai Mrs. Nesbitt

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

STAY SAFE, EVERYONE!! :hug::hug::hug:

That's an order.

17. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

Hey guys! We are fine and survived relatively unscathed. :) I hope everyone else were as lucky!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

18. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Whew! That's good to hear!

19. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Huzzah!!! I'm really hoping everyone comes back saying the same!

20. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Checking in! We've had power outage for about 10 hours now. The winds aren't as bad as they were last night, but we've been told to stay indoors for most of the day due to the rogue wind gust or two we'll be getting. The rain is pretty much gone. :) Crossing my fingers for our friends who are getting hit to the north!

21. Ocean7

Ocean7 Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Good to hear! Thanks for update :)

22. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

Checking in while the cell tower is back up. We're all fine here.

23. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

Good to hear! Thanks for the updates! <3

24. Piglet

Piglet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Glad to read positive messages! Hope everyone else is fine too.

25. xdattax

xdattax Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

We're at Taco Bell right now. Only place that has breakfast and takes a card. Well. One of the few open places period.

Going on in two days with no power. The little generator keeps the fridge on during the day.